Wyze Wired Doorbell Firmware Beta Test 3/17/2022

now on .1060 and no issues with it - no issues with previous beta fw either - so far so good.

Has anyone else tried this firmware yet?

Yes, missed a dot in my previous post. Got .1.060 - it was actually ok on previous fw and seems fine on this fw. It does not get a lot of use. It does seem to always go back to SD when I check it the first time, but it stays in HD once I change it back, at least for the rest of the day. Iā€™ll send a log in just in case itā€™s a fw glitch.

Iā€™m am on the latest firmware and it still gets stuck on step 3

Connection to my the Wired Doorbell is still extremely unstable even with the 4.25.1.060 firmware. Frequently dropping to 0kbs or trying to reconnect. Wi-Fi signal strength is maxed as the router is located. Other cameras place in the same location do not have issues. Restart and cache clear helps intermittently. Switching to night vision mode, as suggested, does not help connection issues. Logs available at id 634014.

In the meantime while we wait for a fix, here is the workaround that I found and let Wyze know about:
When your LIVE feed gets to ā€œStep3: Getting video dataā€ and gets stuck, press the gear to go to ā€˜settingsā€™, select ā€˜Advanced Settingsā€™, select Night Vision ā€˜Onā€™ and then ā€˜Offā€™, then press the ā€˜<ā€™ key to go back to LIVE feed and it will connect.
It took me a long time to find this workaround. I expect that it will work for everyone having this issue since it seems to unstick it by going thru night vision mode. Sorry, but if you use Night Vision, you will have to turn it back on. But, at least it is a reliable way to temporarily conquer this bug.
Your welcome. I hope it works for you too.

Iā€™m still on fw beta .060, current iOS beta app, no issues connecting, maybe a tad slow at times. Bigger problem is when doorbell call came in, the mic would not toggle on so I couldnā€™t answer - itā€™s rare to get anyone ringing it so itā€™s not often used, but I know previous beta did not have any problems answering.

1 Like

Beta 4.25.1.314 showed up this morning. After installing it so far on IOS it goes through the authentication very fast. So fast it more often goes right to the stream without seeing the authenticating message at all

1 Like

I installed it as well. The installation took longer than expected. But I agree, the authentication is very fast and I donā€™t get the screen refresh anymore, it actually loads into the resolution I selected. So far, this update seems to be functioning very well.

1 Like

So far so good.
Seems to have solved the 3/3 issue.

2 Likes

Do you think we will get a new thread for this new Beta FW or are we to just test it out and keep posting here?

@WyzeJasonJ?

1 Like

I am hoping we get a new one. I would like to know what was fixed or added. But I will say, it does seem to correct a few issues I was having.

Have you experienced any issues?

EDIT

@WyzeJasonJ , you just responded about the Wyze Sense Hub in Discord, is this the same for the VDB1 update @Slabslayer and I received it?

Will there be an announcement on this and the FW got released a head of the announcement?

1 Like

Installed the 4.25.1.314 and so far so great. I am getting much better response on Android and I can stream to Nest Hub reasonably quick. All connection issues have disappeared.

2 Likes

Install went ok. My video load is MUCH faster. I tried to catch a screenshot of it but couldnā€™t it was so fast. It now loads the live stream before it loads the event history at the bottom which always loaded before the live stream in the past.

The load is a bit different as well. Previously it was a black screen with the Step 1\2\3. Now it is a greyed snapshot image from what I assume is the last thumbnail behind the load dialog.

Also, the portrait, landscape, portrait flippety flop is gone. It doesnā€™t try to rotate and then rotate back now.

I had to reset my DZ since I was previously correcting on the old FW for the rotation problem. Will test to see if it is accurate. I did have one instance when entering the DZ where the image was rotated, but havenā€™t been able to reproduce that (log 757640 fwiw).

Doesnā€™t have the new Smart AI only recording or AI specific notification toggles.

My chime didnā€™t work on first press. Looks like the Volume got reset to 0 on update. Do I even remember the chime having a volume? Are there more sounds there than I remember? The Intruder Alarm is LOUD!

The VOIP came thru in itā€™s sweet time, about the same 5 to 10 sec delay as before, but the stream image DOES NOT load as fast as the live stream. Still takes a bit for it to step thru from the black loading screen.

Will continue to test when I can monitor the DZ and AI.

UPDATE:

Upon opening my TinyCam Pro, TCP promoted me with a 2FA code requirement for the doorbell which was odd. No other FW update has ever prompted a new 2FA code requirement. Easy quick success.

Alsoā€¦ A positiveā€¦ This update FINALLY fixed my tile rotation issue for the doorbell! Now both the single live stream and the multi cam tile are in the correct orientation.

Wyzeā€¦ I think you might be onto something here.

2 Likes

So far itā€™s been consistently fast on the Ipad, even when switching it back to the IOT ssid interface on the old DIR-878 running OpenWRT. Not so much on Android which shows Connecting ā€¦ and can timeout taking several retries but so far has eventually connected every time.

When connected to a newer Tplink Wi-Fi 6 AP not on the IOT interface itā€™s much faster to connect on Android

In both cases no initial 90 degree rotated image any longer.

The Doorbell chime worked on first press after the update the volume was not reset.

Given how long this issue has been on going i have been very close to giving up on Wyze products

1 Like

You are operating at Warp 12. I am at half impulse.

I am running on Android 11 @ 5GHz to TP-Link Archer A6.

Ah so Warp 11 :wink:

1 phone is A12 the other is A11. Answering the phone works on ipad but does not work properly on the Android app.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.