Wyze V3 static and siren problems

Same here. I replaced 7 V2s with V3s. ALL of the V3s have static so bad you can’t understand any audio. They are all placed in the exact same location as the V2s were. My V2s sound was great, I just wanted the better camera. I think I will have to go back to a few V2s in a couple locations.

Just wanted to check in here if v3 cam owners are still having this problem. I returned mine in March but want to know if the issue has been fixed because I liked the camera otherwise.

Still the same problems for me, unfortunately.

It is still a problem with the static. Wyze has not respond to me.

Problem still very much exists and Wyze isn’t doing anything about it. I keep getting the same generic response to send in a stupid log that they never get back to me about. Ver2 cams audio was far superior over the ver3 cams. I love the video on the ver3 but the audio just plain sucks.

Wish I’d seen this thread before I bought the v3, audio plays a bigger role for me than video, spent 35 bucks on the v3 in April 2021, and ended up buying a v2 for 40 bucks and the v2 like others have said has far superior audio, a lot less feedback coming from the speaker, and the mic on the v2 is able to pick up sounds from a good distance away.

In terms of video, daylight seems only a tad clearer and sharper on the v3 compared to the v2, but is still clear and sharp enough on the v2 for normal use imo.
For night time, with the IR LEDs on, again, the image is good enough for normal use, and hardly different to the v2 imo.
For night time, with the IR LEDs off, the v3 is vastly SUPERIOR, even with the smallest amount of light, the v3 shows a good image, as opposed to the v2 which shows a pitch black image, and you would need the IR LEDs on in pitch black darkness with the v2 as opposed to the v3.

If you need ultra sharp and ultra clear video, and audio is not needed at all, I’d recommend buying a v3.
If good audio is a requirement, buy the v2 and deal with the slightly less crisp image as I’ve done.

Hope that helps :+1:

1 Like

I agree. I replaced a V2 with a V3, and audio from the V3 cam is definitely a problem. Cuts in and out and as you mentioned, the microphone does not pick up sound well from a distance.

I should get a replacement I am not happy with the v3 product

Boss, join the queue, you’re 132 in line :joy::joy:

Tbh I was contemplating that too, returning my v3 on Amazon and asking for a replacement, but had less faith seeing as no one on the forum seems to have a v3 with half decent audio

I have an Android phone and noticed that if I go to any of my two outdoor version 3 cameras in Wyze app with updated firmware that I can’t hear any outdoor sounds in live View. If I hit record and talk it will not record my voice upon playback but it does record the siren. I have of course re started and reset the two cameras to no avail. I guess this all falls in the same category and it is disappointing.

Noticed that if I am in Live View I don’t hear outside sounds. If I click on the Voice / speaking icon to unmute I will hear outside sounds for about a half a second and then just static. Happens on two cameras that are version 3 and have been restarted, reset, Wyze App Force stopped on Samsung S8.
Oh well…
Sometimes on manual recordings then I initiate for like 10 seconds, I will get sounds but not always. And I know if I speak it’s not recording my voice but will record the siren.

yep i tried the siren and after that connection dies and you the camera wont power off etc only way to make it work is disconnect the power to it and plug it back in

I have 5 v3 cameras and many v1 and v2 cameras. These are at 3 houses with 3 different wifi/network. All V3 have horrible static. None of the v1 or v2 have this static. All v3 cams are up-to-date with firmware. They were ordered at vastly different times one ordered pre-release and the other just arriving today (paid partially with a credit due to 10 failed contact sensors)

I was a big fan in the beginning (attested to by the quantity of their products I bought). I feel that Wyze is spiraling down. Quality is clearly lacking in most of their products. I have 10 contact sensors that died due to the fatal flaw if you let the battery completely die- 4 of which were still in their original packaging till I tried them due to other failed sensors. I have their robot vacuum which worked for a while and now just rams itself into a wall till it stops-- then complaining there’s something blocking it.

The lack of response from Wyze and so many people with this problem makes me think Wyze dug a hole with flawed products and they know there’s no way out.

2 Likes

Exactly, no response and poor customer service. Going down the hill since v1.

1 Like

I’ve completely stopped updating their firmware. It seems to do more damage to the v3 cameras than it benefits anything.

1 Like