Wyze to launch home monitoring and security service

How does it work then? If they do not have access to the video, how will noonlight know when assistance is needed?

My understanding is the following:

They get notified when a sensor is triggered while it is set as alarmed. They then try to contact you. If you do not respond in a reasonable time period to give confirmation that everything is okay/false alarm, then they automatically assume something is wrong and contact law enforcement to go check it out.

I believe I read Wyze explain elsewhere (in addition to that FAQ I just posted) that after that future update eventually Noonlight could be granted access to view your live stream cams only when an alert is triggered, and none of them could have access at any other time except during triggered alarms. We’ll have to see exactly how that future update goes. For now, they simply contact you when there is an alarm and let you decide to grant or deny calling law enforcement.

Personally I plan to leave my system in “Practice Mode” the entire time. If an alarm goes off, it will alert me and I can then choose to call law enforcement myself if I want to. Then I never risk getting a false alarm fine because I accidentally didn’t notice Noonlight was trying to contact me. But that’s just me.

They are notified of a triggered alarm, from a sensor, not something seen by a camera.

1 Like

@carverofchoice & @tiga31328
thank you…this is what I thought but read somewhere where everyone was complaining about them monitoring videos all the time.
I read somewhere that the home monitoring service is not synched up with the smart lock but will in the future. Using the smart lock does not interfere with the monitoring system, correct. Sorry I tried to find out this information but can’t seem to find it.

Not true. Just had a false alarm at 11pm because a cam saw it snowing. Lame.

I look forward to having them look at the cams. Just had a false positive alarm because a cam saw snow falling. So dumb.

They would probably call you anyway. Their liability is too great if they ignored the alert and your murderer had simply moved offscreen. I just don’t understand why putting your home and life security in the hands of a bored $10/hour phone clerk is a good idea when a system could notify you and your family directly.

1 Like

That’s interesting I have all my outside cameras setup with the monitoring and I live in an apartment people walk by all the time nothing goes off only when the door is opened it goes off and I do have my cameras setup in the monitoring I also like that they text and call immediately regardless of putting in the code or not my kid opened the door the other day and within seconds I had a text and a phone call Which made me feel good because if I have it set and my door is kicked in in the middle of the night and I don’t respond they send someone instead of waiting 60 seconds then calling me and it’s to late not that I count on the police for my families protection but this is just nice to have when I’m away if something happens and I don’t see a notification they can call the police

1 Like

Because you may be asleep you may be away from your phone and regardless of that board person at the desk that computer screen starts flashing it gets their attention it’s a good safety net although I’m like you and run mine in test mode but if I’m going away for the weekend then I’ll arm it I got notified in a matter of seconds when it went off I was impressed

Hah, so they DID call you anyway.

:+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes

Awesome… a v2 version. Ordered! :+1:

1 Like