Wyze Sprinkler Controller - Smart weather-based watering with 8 control zones

Hi, do have some idea as to the shape of the enclosure? Will it be like the shape of the controller or just a standard square/rectangular box?

Thanks,

Matt

And what the cost, if any, will be?

It is rectangular, and will be under $30.

1 Like

Agreed. I see this being an excellent application for garden systems like an in-line drip used in beds. This would allow for many unique zones and watering schedules for different plant requirements. Alternatively, if you wanted to setup a new zone for sprinklers without running power and the solenoid valve was battery powered.

Do we know yet when this outdoor enclosure will be available? Thank you!

They havenā€™t released anything that I am aware of. I kind of gave up on the whole thing.

1 Like

PLEASE! Can someone help?
My sprinkler controller will NOT start in Autoā€¦ I donā€™t have the Sprinkler Plus but I can start and stop any zone manually just fineā€¦ Just cannot for the life of me get this thing to start on a fixed schedule!.
App is up to date and set-up worked fineā€¦ I mean I dont have to set up a schedule through Blue tooth right? Just with the App on wifi yeh? This is crazy!

Hello! Can you submit an app log and tell me the ID#? I will ask our developer to look into it!

Would be good for getting deer off ones property as well. If we could have an alert from the camera trigger a 1 minute watering in a specific zone. Thanks

Hello! You should be able to get deer off the property using Rules > Trigger/Action! For the trigger, you can select a camera and choose one of the detection options (motion, pet, etc). For the action, you can select the sprinkler zone to water.

1 Like

I tried that, but I didnā€™t see the the optionā€¦maybe its because I have the outdoor camsā€¦

I do wish pet was a trigger option, but it is not on there in the rules:

Maybe you can pass that on to the rules team as a suggestion because as you indicated with a good example, we would all love to have the other detections be a trigger option too. :slight_smile: In this case, we canā€™t just set motion to turn on the sprinkler because that motion can be triggered by anything (person, shadow, rain) and we donā€™t want it spraying water for any of those reasons, just when an animal is in that area.

2 Likes

Thank you for the heads up! I found out that Pet Detection is with Cam Plus, which may be why it isnā€™t showing up. We will try to make it clearer to users so there is less confusion.

1 Like

Yes, pet detection is on cam plus, but you canā€™t use pet detection as a rule to trigger something else to happen when a pet is detected. So there is no way to have the sprinklers or anything else turn on when it sees a pet (but you can for person detections). We can only get a notification for pets right now, not trigger anything, even with Cam Plus.

1 Like

I see, we are testing the new AI triggers with the AI team and are working on it!

3 Likes

Can you add me to the test group?

I donā€™t see it mentioned on the products page, but I thought I would askā€¦ Does the Wyze Inground Sprinkler Controller have Alexa Integration? :crossed_fingers: I would love to install one for my mom. She can use Alexa, but at 95, sheā€™s not going to learn an appā€¦

You may want to vote for and follow this Roadmap topic:

1 Like

Thanks! I searched ā€˜sprinkler, Alexaā€™ and that topic wasnā€™t returned in results.

1 Like