Wyze Sense Hub Firmware 4.32.8.213 Released - 3/2/22

Yes, Hub firmware version 4.32.8.213 was halted yesterday due to reported issues. Thanks to everyone for reporting the issues and submitting debug logs.

5 Likes

Problems
No communication from sensors
one unused sensor would not delete
No chime from sense hub
unable to setup new motion sensors

My sense hub is at 4.32.8.213. I accidentally updated the firmware along with the cameras doing a update all. this is when my sense hub stopped working with my sensors.
I just ordered 4 new motion sensors to setup routines. that is when I noticed that my Hub was not communicating with my existing sensors and was not able to setup new ones. My hub was not making a chime anymore and the status all the time on all sensors was closed /clear.

The app shows the sense hub with a network connection

I tried to arm with my keypad and it did not work. I then tried with the app. That is when I noticed that my home monitoring was not setup. Strange. I went through the Home monitoring setup again.
I was able to arm from app. I did not have time to check the keypad again before I had to go to work this morning. However I was now able to delete the sensor that would not delete. I will update but Here is hoping that setting up the home monitoring got my sense hub out of itā€™s funk.

sensors failed to setup but every once and a while I will get one to setup. I had deleted all of my existing motion sensors and have only been able to set one of them back up out of 7 of them.

I do not see anything in the Sense hub settings that say tune sound, just notifications and they are on.
No other sounds are coming from the hub. occasionally I will hear ready to connect when trying to setup a motion sensor, However that has not bearing on if the sensor is setup successfully or not.

Welcome to the user community @marksavides!

There are many issues going on with the Sense Hub \ HMS because of the last Firmware update. The FW caused more problems than it solved and the symptoms you described sounds like the FW did you in. Wyze has since pulled the FW update and has NOT offered a rollback or hotfix.

There are many threads and posts about trying to get thru the problems being experienced. But, a soft reset on the Hub seems to do wonders for some although it could take some time to get back in line.

Suggest you take a look at these posts and read thru the threads:

1 Like

The Tune settings are in: MONITORING tab, HOME MONITORING SETTINGS at the bottom, TUNE SETTINGS. Then turn on each individual contact sensor to make it chime on the Hub when opened\closed.

Hereā€™s another one for you:

Thank you, I found the tune settings. made sure they are all on.

Support was telling me to delete the sense hub and reset it up again. I did not want to go through setting up all of the sensors again and have it not fix the issue. I am thinking that i will wait for a possible firmware update or a rollback to a working firmware.
I will keep trying to get my motion sensors all set up. I got one setup so I will keep trying maybe I can eventually get all seven setup.

I did a soft reset already it did nothing for me, I then re-setup the sense hub without deleting it and I think that is what cleared my home monitoring setup.

It is definitely in a funky state.

1 Like

@marksavides, have two posts for you. Another OP was having issues with the hub and home monitoring setup and was able to get thru it by deleting the Hub and reinstalling it. Take a look. Perhaps you can reply or DM to them to discuss similarities in your situations.

May not be exactly what you are dealing with, but might have some insight there.

Also, definitely post a reply to Gwendolyn on the Fix it Friday Topic with the info requested and logs so they can drill down to the root of the issues:

I am happy to announce that my sense hub is up and running normally. Even the tune sound.

The issue seems to be that for some reason the Home monitoring was not in the setup status, It was cleared by the latest firmware, Once I went though the home monitoring setup again, everything started working. I was able to setup all 6 additional motion sensors when I got home from work yesterday.
So if your existing sensors are not responding, you cannot remove some sensors. and cannot add additional sensors check to make sure your home monitoring is setup completely.

I did not need to delete the hub and reset up all my sensors, just needed to complete the home monitoring setup.

I was also able to setup Routines in the Alexa app to allow the wyze motion sensors to turn on non-wyze smart plugs and Light bulbs and turn them off after 5 mins on no motion being detected.

How did you do this? What toggle?

How did you do this? What toggle?

In the wyze app. select the monitoring option at the bottom. If it says to continue setup then complete the setup. If it is already setup, you may have a different problem than I did.

Thanks. My issues are different. Cant add new devices and chime wont toggle. Hoping next SW release fixes this

@WyzeAndy @WyzeBaohua

Additional Issue found with Sense Hub v2 and Android. Please see this link:

5 Likes

I can confirm this as well. when viewing the sensors from the sense hub, if I try to scroll down I get the little loading circle then nothing.

3 Likes

Confirmed.

Was this FYI or do they want confirmation feedback and logs?

Not sure. I always provide the information so they can look at the logs. Confirmation also helps as it is not limited to one individual

3 Likes

:+1: Thx.

1 Like

I have the same problems since this firmware update. Hub keeps making a crackling sound and then consistently reboots. Canā€™t get any sensors to work and not my entire security system is down and will not work. This is actually ridiculous.

This is why there should never be any firmware updates on any devices that does not have a simple means to downgrade firmware. This has been a problem for almost a month now and still no resolution. However if there was a way to downgrade firmware just like all the other wyze devices can, then we could all downgrade and have working systems until they fix this issue. But I guess they expect all of us to just accept that our systems will be down for an unknown extended period of time? Who knows it could be another month before a proper fix is released. Even though we could all downgrade right now and have working devices again. Does wyze actually think it is okay to leave every HMS user without a security system for a month or more?!? Mind you this is a paid security system that we are paying extra to have monitored even though it doesnā€™t even work.

This has severely lowered my confidence in wyze and my ability to rely on their products to protect my home. I think ring or simplisafe is looking like a much better option at this point. I guarentee they would never allow their customers system to all be down like this for this long. Going without a security system that Iā€™m still paying for, for over a month is just unacceptable on any level, especially when itā€™s caused by yet again another botched firmware update from wyze. They do this with every damn update. They havenā€™t released a good update for the WCO base station since November of 2021. All 3-4 updates released since then has been paused for the same issues. This better not be how this works out with the sense hub.

I will be requesting a refund for my subscription for the last month that Iv been paying for a system that wyze has completely broken. Everybody else with this issue I encourage you to do the same. When wyze starts loosing money issuing credits Iā€™ll bet they get there ass in gear and finally offer us the ability to revert firmware or a fix for this problem.

2 Likes

The premature discontinuation of the WYZW v1 bridge & sensors have caused me hours of frustration. I was basically forced into looking at the newer WYZE Sense home security products, -If- I Want to stay in the Wyze family.
So far the comments about the reliability of the newer products, give me some heartburn
I am running -18- cameras. -4- wall plugs, -4- outdoor plugs, -4- WCO cameras. -2- solar panels, -6- door sensors, -1- motion sensor
At any given time:
the cameras have a high false incident rate,
-3- wall plugs, (indoor only) will show as off line,
Door sensors have new batteries, have never been allowed to drain down, but refuse to included any more
Motion sensor refuse to include anymore
WCO cameras take spells of draining down real fast (one week)
Then to add insult to injury, WYZE wants me to have Cam Plus on all the cameras, if I want to see motion - Why? most of them are seeing shadows or leaves blowing!
All in all, I love the price point but not if I have to repurchase the units again and again

1 Like

This is absolutely atrocious. Wyze when should we all expect to be able to use our security systems again? When should I expect to be able to keep my home and family protected again? Iv paid for this system snd pay monthly for monitoring and I canā€™t even use it. Wyze knows about this and doesnā€™t even care to offer any of us a solution. They donā€™t care about us. They care about releasing a new feature for the doorbells cause that so much more important then our security systems working.

Iā€™m going to start doing everything I can to let everybody know about how this is being handled and what should be expected from wyzeā€™s security system and wyze as a company. Iā€™m blown away, Iā€™m in absolute aw that this is actually reality right now. Itā€™s been a month that this system has been broken and nothing has been done about it. REALLY WYZEā€¦.REALLY?

1 Like