Wyze Robot Vacuum V2 Ideas

It would be nice for the vaccum to have the ability to notify when the bin is full.

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility since it involves hardware and software enhancements by Wyze. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

2 Likes

I do not have the vacuum yet. Does the vacuum shut off when full, or do you need to check it all the time?

I currently just empty it after I run it or before the next time I run it. it does not automatically shut off.

I donā€™t know that the functionality is there from a hardware perspective. If not, it would be nice to be able to set a reminder in the app to empty based on square footage or number of times run. For example, I know that the scheduled cleaning I have setup every night requires me to empty the bin every 3rd day. I would love if I could set a reminder that triggers a notification in the app that it is time to empty. Marking that as done would reset the counter.

Robo Vacuum Pick Up Where It Left Off

Currently, when the vacuum runs out of charge before it finishes a scheduled cleaning, it will go back to the charger and call it quits. It would be wonderful, since it already saves the previous route, if the next time it is scheduled to run the same route, it would pick up where it left off.
So for example, I have my vacuum set to vacuum the whole house every weekday at 9AM. The vacuum only finishes the living room and half the master bedroom before it returns to the charging station. Ideally, the next day, it would start where it left off in the master and continue on its set route.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

I had this same issue. I just divided my home map into 2 areas and do one area one day and the other area the next day.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wyze robot vacuum - map editing & enhancements

Please make it available. A simple program that will allow us to connect robo vacuum to a pc and update firmware without WiFi

PLEASE SEARCH #wishlist and #roadmap and read the How to Use the Wishlist BEFORE POSTING. If your submission is approved, donā€™t forget to VOTE for it.

Dust bin full indicator, notification, reminder.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wyze robot vacuum - map editing & enhancements

Dust bin full, blinking LED notification wish list idea

My idea actually came from my dishwasher. The dishwasher has a simple ITTT: where IF the door has not been opened since the cleaning cycle finished, one of the status LED blinks.

Adapting that same concept to the Vacuum : IF dustbin has not been removed since last cleaning (or partial cleaning if the unit returns for charge) THEN blink either or both of the top LED as notification the bin may need emptied.

Having one+ dogs in the house, that blinking LED would be a subtle reminder to clean and clear the dog dander and hair

2 Likes

Robot Vacuum - Bin is Full

A software update to have the app notify when the bin is full!

2 Likes

Just empty it every time it is done, that easy, no app notification neededā€¦

1 Like

Sorry Iā€™m busy and not home when it runs. I need a reminder but thanks for the suggestion!!

1 Like

A Notification when vacuum dust bin is almost full would be very helpful. Thank you

3 Likes

huh?

empty dustbin notification

I always forget to empty the dustbin. Itā€™s usually not until it goes through a night or two where I notice the vacuum doesnā€™t clean very well that I remember I should check and empty the dustbin. Other robot vacuums can sense when the dustbin is full and will send a push notification (some will also pause the vacuum). Itā€™d be great if with the current hardware the vacuum is able to tell when the dustbin is full (perhaps if thereā€™s suction degradation). But even without sensing capability, having a notification thatā€™s triggered after every x linear feet of cleaning (Iā€™m sure you could find a conservative estimate for what would be appropriate), or even a configurable every y cleaning cycles would be helpful.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s actually a fantastic idea. Mine leaves giant pet hair blobs all over if I forget to empty it which my cat loves however I do not. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve wish my robot vacuum had an option where I could ask it to wait for me by the trash bin at the end of a cleaning cycle. That way when I came home, Iā€™d see it there and remember to empty it and then send it on its way home to the charger.

1 Like

Robot vacuum with auto empty soon?

Looking forward to buy a second robot vacuum. Hope Wyze wonā€™t make us wait too much more to upgrade to an auto empty option.

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this #wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests.

1 Like