Wyze Robot Vacuum Setup Issue - 1/25/21

Don’t think that’s quite how it works… I’m sure they got these in batches… Some of us just got a “bad” batch… Just be happy yours works

Well peeps, if someone finds a solid return process…(cough, cough wyze post a link since this a major issue, and makes this as simple as CLICK HERE for the ones affected), but if they don’t we will just email support, get a ticket, wait 24-48hrs to respond, state our claim thennnnnn ship it. You all get my drift. We shouldn’t have to do more leg work. I’ve already responded to my support ticket and I’ve got nothing back. [Wyze Ticket 1011336] Re: Wyze Vacuum. So I’m not fussing here. Just want simplicity.

1 Like

Fwiw… They responded to my ticket within an hour… Maybe I just lucked out … Idk… I’m willing to be patient for them to get this worked out tho… It seems like it will be a solid product once they get the bugs worked out

In 2 years, the only way I’ve ever gotten a response from tickets, is to call them and berate them. I don’t like to do it, but I have a long list of tickets which in my opinion, were just ignored because I did realize that’s what it took to get a response. Even after my phone call 3 days ago, where I was promised an email with a request for further information, I never got that, either.
Today, I was on the phone with them again, asking where the email was. I didn’t get any solutions, just, please wait. Funny thing though, that new update they published today, was published while I was speaking with them. I’m loyal, but even my loyalty has limits.

1 Like

Same here. This whole process has been such a let down for some of their most loyal customers.

This should really be their flagship product and we’re getting little to no support.

Yep. And that’s all fine and good — if I had signed up to be a beta tester. Thought I was getting a more solid product. Silly me.

Guess I’ll be calling again tomorrow. They’re closed now. Another 45 minutes on hold to get a human, while I’m supposed to be working. After that post today, I have really lost my patience. Their excuse for a ticket system is a joke. I know of plenty of other companies who use Zendesk, and it works pretty well. But they can’t even get replies to work, or else they didn’t train CS in how to use it. Inexcusable.

BTW, I made sure I was supposed to get notifications when someone replied in a thread I’m active on. I didn’t get that either. The only way I knew you had posted was because I still had the page open, and refreshed it to see if anyone else posted.

My question exactly! Hope we get an answer on this.

Some posts were removed or edited that did not follow the Community Guidelines. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Key points from the guidelines to keep in mind:

• Remember to criticize ideas, not people
  • Please avoid name-calling
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream
  • Keep posts relevant to Wyze

Important sections:

Always Be Civil

Somtimes We Disagree

2 Likes

I was able to get them on the phone today and they are sending me a replacement vaccuum. Their not requiring me to send back my curret vaccuum. Hopefully the new one that comes is able to connect to wfii…

Wait, so you’re saying that you get to have a new fully connected one sent to you, AND get to keep a spare one with spare parts that also still works and can just be activated by pressing the power button? So you can have one for each floor, one automated and one manual? Talk about awesome luck.

Still, might want to make totally sure you don’t receive a return label, or weren’t misinformed by a rep, or misunderstood…but assuming it’s all true, that’s freaking awesome! I would love to have a second one for free that still works with a manual power button press.

They mentioned recycling the old one in the email. I’ll probably end up giving it to my mom as a smart dumb vacuum that just manually cleans it whenever! I just hope we can finally get a working one!

Dang, I feel screwed for getting a vacuum that worked right the first time! :rofl: I could’ve really used having a second vacuum for my second floor. I’m actually jealous that mine works great… How crazy is that. Lol

The features on the app are the main reason I bought this. and LIDAR of course. My old Roomba would’ve been sufficient if I just wanted a moving vacuum. You are not missing a thing.

My (non-working) vac arrived via FedEx (on the east coast - I’m peering at the Atlantic Ocean out my window) a day or two ahead of when it said it would.

I’ve received reasonably timely responses from my email help desk requests (within the time frame they told me about: “ We are experiencing high support volumes, and our response may be delayed 48-72 hours.”). Still haven’t heard about my return - I wrote at 5 pm eastern yesterday.

For a self-described low-margin, high volume business, I think their support has been pretty good, These vacuum glitches are not a small thing. They’ll eat a large part of that low-margin in exchange for our inconvenience. (I had time on my hands so I tried all the networking things they suggested might work - several times - and suspect it cost me a total of 45 minutes).

I wrote in yesterday afternoon and still haven’t heard anything about a replacement, either. I don’t even care if they don’t have one to send me right now. I just want to know that someone has seen my email and I will be getting a replacement at some point.

I’m hoping someone replies to my ticket email from wyze so I can take this to be returned for my replacement. They are on pacific time and here Eastern time I’m trying to drop it off b4 places close here in the next 5 to 6 hrs. And it’s the weekend we won’t hear back from wyze until Monday if nothing happens today.

My ticket is [Wyze Ticket 1011336] from last Sunday.

1 Like

@Omarrie1229 I will see if I can get some Wyze eyes on this ticket number for you.

Waiting on my replacement notification from my support ticket as well. 1011423

1 Like