Wyze Robot Vacuum - Alexa Voice Control Closed-group Beta Testing, Share your experience here!

Have you tried area cleaning again?Did it succeed?

Did you remember what time did you say that utterances, we can ask our team to check your problem.

Thank you for your feedback! Did you remember what time did you say that utterances, we can ask our team to check your problem.

I tried again. I had a lot of trouble with Alexa understanding what to do. It did not do an area clean. But, it did successfully complete a very good cleaning of the entire map.

Logs submitted log #265896

1 Like

We got it!Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

4:24 pm EST

‘You’re invited to beta test a new Alexa skill’. No invitation email was received so unable to participate.

@WyzeHongfei

Just tried a cleaning and said “Alexa, Tell Wyze Robot Vacuum to Clean my Hall” as indicated in the email. However, Alexa replied that it did not know what My Hall was. I then said “Alexa, Tell Wyze Robot Vacuum to Clean Hall” and it started to clean. So I think it looks for the rooms after the word Clean and you cannot add the word my as indicated.

1 Like

I noticed this as well and I think part of the the issue is the action word “TELL”… When you give Alexa the action word “TELL” with the DEVICE NAME Alexa wants to send a communication to someone in your contact list or make an announcement.

If I said TELL WYZE ROBOT VACUUM to Clean/Stop/Cancel, the device executed…

2 Likes

In my test I toggled using the Device Name “Dusty”, Wyze Dusty, and Wyze Robot Vacuum

My Test results: Each Executed 3x
Command: ASK Wyze Robot Vacuum to Clean Room # (All of my Rooms are named Room 1-9)
Response: Dusty is starting to clean your Room X (WRV Cleaned the room as requested)

Command: ASK Wyze Robot Vacuum to Cancel cleaning
Response: Dusty stopped cleaning on my map, going back to charging station

Command: “ASK Wyze Robot Vacuum to Pause Cleaning”
Response: Alexa Beeped but ignored the command to pause and the WRV and continued to clean.

When using the word TELL with the Device Name in place of ASK, Alexa wanted to communicate with someone named Dusty.

IF I said TELL WYZE ROBOT VACUUM, the request executed

Using WYZE DUSTY yielded no results

Other Test words

Command: Alexa, Have Wyze Robot Vacuum clean Room X
Response: Alexa did not execute.

Command: Alexa, Ask Wyze Robot Vacuum to SWEEP Room X
Response: A beep and no execution

Command: Alexa, Ask Wyze Robot Vacuum to Clean ROOMS 7 and 8
Response: I cannot find room 7, 8

Command: Alexa, Ask Wyze Robot Vacuum to Clean Room 7 and Room 8
Response: Dusty is starting to Clean room 7 and room 8

3 Likes

I sent this info yesterday, still no invite.

1 Like

The skill stopped working today. Alexa will respond “There was a problem with the request skill respond” to any command - I tried several commands with the same results.

Ditto… sent info. Waiting for correct invite (not alexa/wyze cam viewing)

Thank you!

I see. Thank you for the feedback. We noticed that if we add ‘the’ or ‘my’ before the room name, the Alexa will be confused. We will improve this.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback! ‘Pause’ is not supported for now, and we are still working on adding more command words including ‘Pause’.

Feedback as of 8/3/2021:

note: all of my echo devices are configured with wake word Ziggy… No issues at all from that perspective.

1. The utterance “Ziggy, ask Wyze Robot Vacuum to start cleaning is so many words. I tried to setup a routine where I can utter “ziggy, clean the office” and it will run a custom routine which is basically " Wyze Robot Vacuum to start cleaning”. It doesn’t work… Is it not possible to use routines? It would offer a ton of flexibility to change utterances.

2. Smart Home Skill versus Custom Skill - Just curious what drove the decision to use a custom skill? While the Wyze app is pretty amazing, a smart home skill allows users to fully integrate the vacuum into Alexa routines and use other features. For example when I say good night, ziggy would turn off all lights, tv, lower AC temp, begin night vacuum routine.

3. If my vac is named Toby - Can I say Ziggy, Ask Toby to start cleaning? It’s not working but I wasn’t sure if I was restricted to just saying Wyze Robot Vac? Can you add other utterances? Wyze Vac for example. "Ziggy, ask wyze to clean… / .

4. When I’ve asked Ziggy to start cleaning the smart home skill is opened on my echo show and displays “Try Ziggy, Quit” but the utterance doesn’t perform an action.

5. Custom skills can often be invoked with an utterance, “ziggy, open Omron health” for example… This would then provide a guided interaction with the user for example … “Welcome to omron… you can ask me to… ”… Is there an utterance to open such interaction with Wyze? I’ve tired Ziggy, open Wyze Beta but I’m not sure it recognizes the name of the app

6. All of my smart home devices duplicated in the Alexa app. I believe this was also reported by other users.

7. I can only ask Ziggy to clean one room at a time. This isn’t a critical requirement but would be nice to be able to say Ziggy clean office and kitchen or perhaps a grouping function.

Preferred Utterances:

a. Ziggy, ask wyze to start/begin cleaning /vacuum
b. Ziggy, ask wyze to stop cleaning / vacuum / go home / return to charge
c. Ziggy, ask wyze to clean

1 Like

Would you mind telling me which utterance you like most or feel more smooth to initiate the cleaning, no matter if it worked or not for now? Thank you!

We will double-check that today

Thank you so much for your feedback!

1. This is an interesting question. We will look into this.
  2. We use a custom skill because Alexa smart home skill does not include the type of the robot vacuum cleaner, so the existing utterances do not work very well/make sense with robot vacuum products
  3. To trigger/start a custom skill, it is required to say a trigger word first, and it cannot be changed otherwise the custom skill cannot be triggered
  4. I think the problem is the skill was not triggered without saying Wyze robot vacuum
  5. Yes. You can try “Alexa, open Wyze robot vacuum”.
  6. We are looking into this. Thank you!
  7. Good suggestion!