Wyze product updates - 02-17-2020

HomeKit ???

Apple loyalist are a HUGE percent of the Wyze family and we are starving for attention please give us some hope!

2 Likes

Agreed! Apple Home Kit integration and Hubitat Elevation integration should be on Top of the Wyze list!

1 Like

@hairsarenumbered and @L4nyc, there is already a Wishlist topic for HomeKit. You can VOTE on and discuss it in the thread listed below. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I 2nd this. I know your founders came from Amazon but seiously! I just ordered a bunch of Reolink cameras b/c I gave up on Wyze and their Google integration. You also need to open things up and support other home automation standards. Like at least MQTT for your motion and door sensors.

1 Like

I already did. My name is on it :joy:

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t search through all the votes to see if you had already voted. :wink:

4 Likes

I know I can display it to a tv with Chromecast. I was referring to the Google Home app on my phone. Would be great if I could see my cams in there too.

2 Likes

You can’t see cameras on the Alexa app on your iphone either. FYI it says “sorry cameras don’t work on this device“ so it’s not just google Amazon doesn’t allow cameras to be shown through the app either

1 Like

That sucks. Would be great if both platform apps could display the Wyze cameras.

1 Like

Very cool ideas. How about adding water/leak detection to the scale? As most people have their scales in the bathroom it would be a nice value add feature.

2 Likes

I , too, am extremely disappointed that Wyze seems have chosen to exclude a LARGE portion of their existing customer base by only providing a WIRED doorbell, when significant feedback shows that many customers NEED (not prefer, NEED) to have a non-wired alternative by virtue of the limitations of their home/HOA/etc. Since when is it okay to make the choice to not provide availability to a large portion of your customer base?

My home, like many others does not have or support a wired doorbell. And now it apparently will not benefit from a non-inclusive Wyze doorbell. So sad

1 Like

Hi @JoJoCA,

I would like to ask that you and others give Wyze the benefit of the doubt. They most likely will release a battery/wired option at a later date. Even Eufy doorbell first had a wired doorbell and then released a combination for version. Do you want Wyze release a product and get it wrong. I.e., EA Wyze lock was not the finished product. It was a product to shake out even more issues prior to the Real public release.

IMHO, we should all collectively give Wyze a break and let them grow. Remember, they are a much newer company than Ring, Blink, Nest, etc.,

5 Likes

It’s odd to me how some of these responses start with anger and indignation when progress is not at the preferred pace or in the preferred direction. I myself would prefer a wired option first but can understand the need for a wireless one. Nevertheless, I wouldn’t mount my entitlement horse at the mention of an option that doesn’t quite suit my needs at first. Let’s take a step back, realize that progress takes time, and allow a smaller company to grow at a rate appropriate for the in-house resources they currently have.

6 Likes

Since I don’t have wiring for a doorbell and really don’t have much use for one anyway, I’d love to see a Wyze peep hole camera. I love being able to see people who approach my door and possibly even communicating with them, but without the unnecessary doorbell function.

3 Likes

My Wyze lock is arriving today and I’m so excited!!!

3 Likes

Question on the WCO-
What is your temperature differential for testing?
Fairbanks, AK here- hoping for something that would cope with stretches of -20F and colder, including the occasional extended dip and stretch of -30s to -40F or colder.

3 Likes

Would love a thermostat that works with my Trane A/C - it uses serial communication to talk with the compressor and air handler. Gives great control - variable speed on the fan, two compressors, gets outside temperature and humidity,… but hard to find a smart thermostat…

1 Like

Great company update! I think its safe to say that the Wyze team is busy creating an economical alternative with similiar quality to the big-3 brands across the board. I love the Wyze cam experience. I suspect that while cost will be a huge driver for your initial success, the useability of your solution will be the key to widerscale long-term adoption. Like I tell people all the time, enthusiats can implement anything with enough patience and perserverence, but grandma Ruth in Rochester needs to be able to ‘push the big red button’ and immediately get value. I suspect Wyze will find and then offer the ‘big red button’ for Ruth over time. (And the entusiasts benefit all along the way!)

2 Likes

Here’s the Wishlist topic for that: Peephole (Door View) Camera. Please hop over and vote and/or comment.

5 Likes

I wish Wyze would ship beyond the US. I’m from South Africa and shipped a lot of products with MyUS.com in January. It still hasn’t arrived and I’m so disappointed.

2 Likes