Wyze Hub Ideas

Wyze hub integration is a must- Please respond Wyze. Hub, Hub, Hub

I have searched Wyze hub and it seems the consensus is that Wyze will not or does not respond for the idea of a hub to control the many hub devices. I use the light bulbs and the cameras and it is ridiculous to have this many items running on my wireless router. I have upgraded to the point of… I’m not buying anything else Wyze until this is remedied. And I have purchased my fair share. Come on Wyze! Bring us a hub.

Use Wyze Sense Hub to communicate with Wyze devices

I LOVE using motion sensors with light switches to turn the lights on as I enter rooms. However, since the motion sensors have to make an internet round trip, the delay is too long. I’m well into the room before the lights turn on. Is there some way to have the Wyze sense hub just communicate directly with the switch to lessen the delay between motion sensed and light switch turning on? This would also allow my rules to be able to run even if my internet goes down.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

1 Like

I ended up purchasing the Eufy Lock Doorbell Camera combo. It has a keypad and fingerprint scanner built in, and uses one base station/chime. Its a lot more expensive than the Wyze offerings, but the build quality is incredible.

Wyze lock and doorbell got moved to the back door and I’m starting to merge over to the Eufy eco system, their base station isn’t a hypothetical, and allows external storage, and enables some cool features that Wyze doesn’t have.

The next purchase from them will likely be the flood cam pro since the wyze floodlights are trash…and the email survey they sent out about sacrificing features and quality for a few dollars off of the purchase price further drives home where the Wyze brand priorities are right now.

I am disappointed that Wyze does not sell the Wyze Sense Hub as a separate item. I wish to use it with the Wyze Sense Climate monitors only, not a full home monitoring system

agree that a hub is needed. As I have integrated cameras, outdoor plugs, Bulb Color, Bulb BR30’s, and outlets my Wyze App crashes every time I make any kind of change. I’ve noticed it takes 5-10 seconds for the app to open and be ready to take commands. I think a hub would help out.

I have an iPhone 13, iOS 16.2, most current Wyze App, and more than 60% of storage available on my phone.

I agree, a hub is needed, but I will say the Wyze app itself works wonderfully for me. The occasional glitch may appear, but nothing more than all the other apps I use… I’m on a Pixel 6a, Android 13 beta. Things work great!

Multiple types of base stations?

Can you enable a sense hub to work with an Outdoor Cam? To have two hubs for two different products isn’t efficient, especially when the other indoor cams work with the sensor hub. I have an extra Outdoor from a house of mine that ONLY has Outdoor cams, and I want to use it at a property that ONLY has indoor cams and monitoring.

All-in-one base hub/Networked HDD storage for video

I think the thing Wyze really needs is a centralized hub for all these different products instead of having 2 or 3 different hubs. Would be great to have that also have the ability to use a SATA based HDD to backup event video for long-term storage. It’s all unified in the app but needs to be unified physically so it’s not so clunky to deal with, instead of having 3 hubs connected to my router I can have just one unit that can handle all of this for, on-device SD backup, on-site storage and the ability to backup to an offsite NAS and then have the cloud storage backup in case it all goes wrong is what I’d love. Thanks!

1 Like

Power over Ethernet (POE) Camera Hub with POE Adapters

Device: Power over Ethernet (POE) Camera Hub with POE Adapters

Description: Connect all POE cameras to a single or chain multiple hubs together for a complete home/business camera system.

Supports: All existing and future Micro USB-powered Wyze Cameras

Recording options:
* Already existing Micro SD Card storage inside Wyze Cameras
* Connect a storage device to the Ethernet or USB C port on the Camera Hub for expanded and long-term storage.
* Ethernet: No storage limit, connect to existing Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices
* USB C: Limit device compatibility to USB-powered storage devices.
* Record to both the Micro SD Card and either the Ethernet or USB C devices simultaneously for redundant storage.

Viewing:
* APP: View all cameras through the Wyze APP. (Requires the use of an additional ethernet port connecting to a router due to bandwidth)
* TV: View all cameras through an external TV.
* APP and TV: View of camera both in the APP and on a TV simultaneously. (Requires the use of an additional ethernet port connecting to a router due to bandwidth)
* Note: You can view all cameras using a custom grid pattern.
* Example: 5 static cameras fixed or pan-cams while 7 more cameras are cycled through

Pros:
* Easy to switch existing CCTV camera systems.
* Not susceptible to Wi-Fi jamming when configured properly.
Cons:
* More expensive than purely wireless
* More complex than a standard Wyze Device setup