Wyze Finally Works With Google Assistant!

How and when do we get the new firmware ?

Nest Hub + Cam Pan

• takes around 40s to start streaming something
  • after video shows, it has a 25s delay.

No. Itā€™s still not working at all. Continuing to get Google Assistant saying ā€œIt looks like the stream is unavailable.ā€ I have re-booted all the devices. Itā€™s been months, literally months, since anything has worked at all ā€¦ always the same ā€˜stream is unavailableā€™ message.

A 12 second delay in the load time is what is expected!!! Are you serious? Connection to my Amazon Show 5 is only 5 seconds and that seems inordinately long given the speed of responses I get for my other devices; locks, lighting brightness/colour changes, on/off devices, radio streaming all happen on the order of 1 second.

Itā€™s really time to get this thing working. From my perspective as a consumer who purchased my cameras explicitly because of the Google streaming more than 6 months ago this has been a TOTAL disaster.

loaded the firmware today on 4 v2 and 2 pan cam
you must unlink wyze in the google home app then relink it in the google home app to work (which by the way is very tedious for every firmware update since you the have to reassign all wyze devices to rooms in the google home)
if you donā€™t you get the unavailable messageā€¦
after above the load time is 19-23 seconds
much less buffering afterward but still buffers occasionally
seems to buffer more on the pan cam but will see over time
average of 20+ seconds still too long for checking whoā€™s at the front door
better but still not fabulous
needs to stream locally for it to work properly with doorbell

Yea and on more than one device, google nest hub and hub max

You could buy the nest cameras. Theyā€™d only cost like 4x as much each. Other option is to wait patiently for this integration to get fully fixed. Google also has some part in this too.

Like @jflmd mentioned, you have to unlink and link Wyze with Google agsin.

Still not working now i didā€™nt see anything only a message on a white background ā€˜ā€™ Streaming is currently not availableā€™ā€™ ā€¦

Remove and re-add Wyze from/to your Google assistant.

Done, Now I just see a black screen ā€¦

It is working now but very slow. At least it shows the camera now.

If your that unhappy with the Wyzame products you should consider a dedicated security monitor. I install them all the time for people.

For the Wyze cam is a great value and other than the google nest thing it works great. I for one am happy that there is even support at all on a 25.00 camera.

Calm down and breathe realize the capabilities of this 25.00 camera far exceed the expectations of most reasonable users.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sort of onboard with what you are saying, but when a feature is used to sell a product, I expect it to work. Security cameras these are clearly not,

Iā€™m 100% on board with your recommendation on getting dedicated security cams. They donā€™t even have to be expensive ones, Amcrest and many others have decent budget cams you can set up with BlueIris and it works great.

But yeah, Iā€™m sure a lot of people (myself included) decided to pick these up because itā€™s stated that they work with google.

2 Likes

Iā€™m the opposite, I bought a Google Hub because Wyze cameras were supposed to work with it.:slightly_smiling_face:
They do butā€¦ not well.

It got better, then got worse, now itā€™s kindof better. It just crashes after a random amount of time.

Thank you for the feedback, everyone. Iā€™ll share this with the team. @redline-hosting, are you still having trouble with this?

Weā€™re going to keep working on improving the Google Assistant streaming.

1 Like

Thanks for your continued work on the Google Assistant interoperability.

As a functional update: My WyzeCam v2 is now connecting to my Lenovo Smart Screen (Google Assistant) after about 18 seconds. (Before was receiving ā€˜stream is unavailableā€™ responses from Google Assistant.)

Still having buffering problems; every 1-8 seconds the screen freezes for 1-10 seconds while it re-connects to the camera stream. After 5 minutes of displaying the camera stream on the Lenovo Smart Screen it appears that only 1 frame (or a short number of frames) is being received at a time then had to wait for the next frame (or short series of frames.) Overall receipt of the camera stream is inconsistent.

Timestamp on the stream shown on the Lenovo Smart Screen varies between 8-40 seconds behind what is shown on the Android app.

Thanks for your continuing efforts.

4 Likes

Thanks for the detailed feedback! Iā€™ll share it with the team. Weā€™re working on longer-term stability improvements but Iā€™ll let them know to keep working on shorter-term changes, too.

Sorry, Jon again. In the Google Assistant page, you say Wyze camera works with any G.A. inabled device. It wonā€™t view on my Android phone which is a G.A. device?? How would I ask it. Show me camera 1 on my phone???

Currently you can only view the cams (via Google) on the home hubs, not cell phones.

2 Likes