Wyze Cam says Offline, but is definitely Online

I used to have this issue constantly. Go to your app and check the IP address of the camera. Make note of the cameras Mac address. Then log into your router and check the IP address for that camera’s Mac address. What i saw was that they differed on some of the cameras. So what was happening is that a new IP address is assigned to the camera by the router but the camera is still using the old ip address. And even though the router and camera IP address might match there can be another camera using the IP address of that camera causing issues. I believe this has to do with how the camera doesn’t always have the wifi connection up, but that part I am not sure. The way i resolved this (over a year ago) was assigning a static IP to each camera Mac address on the router and rebooting the router and every camera and thing on the network so it all syncs up.

2 Likes

After reading all 101 posts in this thread, as well as numerous other threads, I’m hopeful that setting IP address reservations on the router for each camera might finally fix this for once and for all. I’ve had this issue on and off with numerous different cameras in numerous groups at numerous locations. I’ve had it with V1 and V2 and V3 cameras. Like everyone else in this thread, I’d like the wise cameras for the most part, but I’m frustrated by the weird glitches and software issues. I don’t expect everything to work flawlessly, especially at this price point, but to have issues like this, so seemingly widespread, and such a poor response from support, is disappointing. I’m not going to waste my time contacting Tech support, I’ve worked with them before, and as an IT support person myself, I really know more than they do at this point. So, I’ll go through the tedious process of setting up DHCP reservations on my various routers at my various locations for all my cameras, and I’ll hope and pray that this issue goes away. It’s not just a minor annoyance, we need the cameras to report their online status correctly, we need the ability to switch them on and off remotely, to reboot them remotely, to be able to have faith in firmware upgrades. Currently, I have so little trust in firmware upgrades, that I won’t even attempt them unless I’m on site. And with multiple homes hundreds of miles apart, that’s just not practical. So to everyone else on here, I extend my sympathy, and let’s hope that setting up reservations resolves the issue, and I sympathize with folks who might not know how to even do that. Good luck, let’s hope that we can get the software to operate reliably, the cameras themselves are good quality, but the software is lacking. And I’m just too stubborn to throw everything out as it were, sell it on eBay or whatever, and replace everything with a more expensive competitor. Sorry for the long post, enjoy your evening!

3 Likes

The problem of router showing offline started for me about 3 months back. All my v1 v2s show offline but when i click them i get a live feed… It continues after three software upgrades. I have seven wyze cams and all having same issue. I have raised multiple tickets but nothing happened… I shall not buy any more cams from wyze… At same price i could get other like xiaomi or mi and they work well… Its annoying that wyze is not fixing this. I shall spread the message to other friends too…

Hi there. I had the same issue before, and all I did is turn off the cams, wait about 5 minutes and then turn them back on. That should resolve the issue.

1 Like