Wyze Cam Outdoor Foggy Image

I’m curious @StickyWhippit What was the final out come?
Just live with it, went away, received replacement. . .

Looks like fish eggs to me

Yup, hadn’t thought of that but you’re right

1 Like

I have a similar problem. V2
Cleaned with a micro cloth. Still cloudy with IR only.

Thanks
Edit; Add photo

Does the camera have a edge of a shelf or something close to the front of it that is causing IR blowback?

It’s enclosed in a Wyze camera mount.
See new picture above.
Look ok if I turn the IR off.

Thank you

Looks like the mount itself is causing the IR reflection. I bet its the inner white parts that face the camera lens/ir illuminators and possible also the underside of the white hood above the camera lens. See pic with red and blue marks. If you could blacken those parts to reduce the IR reflection that’ll help alot but I don’t think it’ll eliminate it.

3 Likes

I wonder if the camera is seated to the far front of the Cam mount case. Don’t think there is much play in there.
I have 4 V2’s outside in enclosers bracket mounts.
One is a Solid Housing for Wyze Cams by SULLY that works fine.
Three cams with the Wyze Cam Wall Mount Brackets, I had some minor blowback with the other 3 as well.
I could try and darken the rim around the lens and the hood over to see if that helps with the IR blowback? (black sharpie) It appears the rim around the lens on the Sully mount is slightly further away from the lens then the Wyze cam mounts. I’ll have to take a closer look, Put the Mic on in it.

Note; I like the Sully cam bracket mounts with bigger screws and they snap together easier as well. The Wyze cam mounts will snap together if you keep the pressure on them while turning smaller screws.

We also have 4 Pan and Scan cams for indoor use that work fine.

Thanks for the reply Omgitstony

1 Like

I did a quick Sharpie job to see how much it would help, Need more black yet.
A noticeable Improvement though.

1 Like

Can you remove it from the housing and just hold it in the same spot so there is a comparison from housing to no housing? To 100% rule out any malfunction with the camera.

2 Likes

THe underside of the visor and the shallow edge around the lens/IR part of the cam really needs to be painted matt black (even matt black gaffer tape would work) as noted in @Omgitstony’s photo markup. Like these from Aotnex:

3 Likes

I finally got around to fixing my new Wyze camera housing. what a difference that made.
I hope they make adjustments on the next design run. Thanks guys :slight_smile:
Output2

2 Likes

I have noticed the same thing.

This is a huge design form for this camera.

What good is the camera if the lenses fog up?

I had the same issue. Sent it back and got a new one. Originally I bought two during the initial offering period. So with one dead, got a replacement, and then the same, but this time I tried to let it dry and kept it in low humidity inside the house for few days. Still the same issue, and it actually got worse, not only foggy, but the battery drains in less than two days. I just opened another ticket to get this one replaced. Just FYI, I have an original v2 sitting outside since they came out, same weather, same exposure, going strong with some discoloration, which is to be expected with temperatures in the summer of above 100F. These new “Outdoor” Cams are a let down. I also have almost every single other Wyze device ever made. This one doesn’t meet the rest quality and longevity.