Wyze Android App Crashes When Viewing Older Videos

Also still happening to me. I’m currently been talking to JR on Wyze Support who has been actively looking into this issue.

Please click “Report an issue” in the app, fill out the form, then select your email app & send the feedback log. Maybe ask it to be sent to “JR (Wyze)” in the comment section as well. After you get a ticket number, reply adding additional feedback logs from your other devices as well if you can.

The more log files they get from everyone having this issue, the better they can find the cause & fix it.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue right now and it’s driving me crazy. I need to access some footage from over a week ago at the request of my Sheriff’s Department, but I am not able to view the cloud events at night for that day. The cloud storage is the only chance I have, since the SD card doesn’t go back that far. And the cloud event will be overwritten in 4 days so they need to fix this bug ASAP.

Try , uninstall the app , restart your device , then reinstall the app.
I don’t know if that will solve it or not but it is worth a shot

I found out that it was because there were too many video events saved. So I deleted a lot of them for that camera and that day and now it works :slight_smile:

You found the clips you needed is that right ?

I can access that time frame now, yes, but actually I found I was looking in the wrong time anyway haha. I needed PM not AM. However, I wasn’t able to find what I was looking for. It was a slim chance anyway.

1 Like

I’m having this same exact problem. I had a smash and grab robbery and I can’t access the footage to show the police. It was embarassing having 6 cops standing around watching me scroll over and over and having the app crash continually. This is ridiculous. I’m getting rid of these cameras. The system failed me when I needed it the most.

Did you see my solution? I found it was because I had to delete some of the previous footage. But you can always take out the SD card. That’s what I do when something happens like that.

Still, what is concerning and most disappointing is that they have not acknowledged or come into this thread and give us any updates on this issue. I directly submitted This Thread and my issue to the techs as per a Wyze representative and no one got back to me and the issue is still occurring with me and others and yet they keep releasing updates for other issues as well as new products but they do not want to seem to acknowledge or fix this basic but major issue.

1 Like

Seems reasonable to tag @UserCustomerGwen on the status of the dropped ticket. Do you have the ticket number?

Not to argue, but I’ve heard similar statements from people who want dark mode in the app, those who want other bugs fixed, those who are begging for the outdoor cam, etc. There are many, many different things they are working on. I don’t think this bug has gotten enough attention, because I believe they would look into it if they saw it.

I have been successfully summoned! Thank you, @peepeep.

@udon, may I please have that support ticket number? I would like to look into this. I’m also going to send this to the product team.

Hello Gwendolyn,

Ticket 235489 was initiated back on May 25th.
Was escalated by Tanvi on June 25th to the devs and that was the last I heard.

Having pulled up your ticket, it looks like we didn’t hear back about a fix on this one. Could you please submit another log? We’ve had several app versions since then so we’ll need new data.

1 Like

This is PATHETIC that an important feature is very unreliable and most often crashes before the Album is even listed and displayed. It runs agonizingly slow to even give us the contents of available stored SD card videos if it does not lock up or crash first. Then going to view is usually crashes/locks up and makes it impossible to share.

This should have been fixed long ago. I have the latest app version as if 18 Nov 2019. Can’t even share the video of a security issue with myself. Don’t want to have to unload the whole SD Card and copy it manually to PC every time I need to look at info in more detail.

1 Like

I totally agree, I was advised to send a ticket to escalate this issue and what is even more sad is that nobody replied to me after I submitted my ticket and now months later somebody else is trying to follow up on it. Now they started a new service that continually records and they’re going to start charging people for it and yet you can’t even backtrack into the app to see old recorded events older than 24 hours without it crashing. Who is expected to pay for this service when it won’t even work correctly?

I’m sorry. I will share your feedback with the team and we understand where you’re coming from.

1 Like

App is still crashing on me as well. Not as much as before, but still the same. Really does seem like it’s some kind of server side issue not sending data properly to the app forcing it to crash because there’s too many events.

As far as I know this issue was seriously being looked into by my previous rep, then suddenly the ticket was closed out of nowhere. I tried asking what was going on & a new rep said it was still being looked into, but couldn’t comment on what happened to the rep or my previous ticket. If I remember correctly, my previous rep said they had a whole report about it & was going to bring it up in the next meeting. Never heard from again & that was months ago.

Really seems like this issue will never be fixed in my opinion & is constantly being swept under the rug. It’s a shame too because I would’ve subscribed for the monthly service too.

Temp Fix for Future Reference (as more & more will eventually have this problem as they add more cameras to their account):

To view events that cause the app to crash, just go to

1. Events >
  2. … >
  3. Filter >
  4. Select single Camera.

This will load only events for that specific camera & you should be able to view all of them without the app crashing. Select a different camera to view their events. It’s a pain not being able to scroll down the main event tab & see everything from all cameras at once, but this solution has worked for me for months now.

3 Likes

Thanks for the workaround! I will also share this with the team now.

I’ll talk to the support team about their ticket closing practices.

1 Like

Sorry about you inconvenience, do you still experience this? If so, can you sent me the screenshot(to reproduce this issue) and the app log to abao@wyze.com. Thanks!

1 Like