Why was Android hardware decoding removed?

Any new status? MY SD play back is totally hamstrung. Takes forever to get close in the timeline with that silly GUI time bar slider widget to find anything in the ballpark of the window of time I am interested in. Have security issues I need to look into and they fall in that dead zone between push events where the cam will not report events for 4 mins. I need to get in an look at what is going on. The playback rate is at best 1 frame per second. I go to record hoping that the recording will take it off memory card directly and just copy the time period - but no - it ticks away at wall clock time ( i tic per second) and the silly SD video time watermark updates 1/10th as fast (another problem in the design IMHO). Why can’t we just do a straight memory copy from SD file into a new SD file mini record clip rather than playing it out at frame rates and guaranteeing that the recording will be out of sync between wall clock time and frame time?? Don’t need to see the video to go set the time mark in the ribbon - just delay video until I say “RUN”. The app should auto pause the video stream while we scroll the time ribbon to where we want it to avoid the lag then only start decoding when we force unpause the video replay. Very frustrating user interface design to not be able to even work around this current issue by simply being able to type in the start time we are interested in reviewing direct from keyboard and bypass that ridiculous analog slider bar trying to interface with an inherently digital device advancing in quantums of 1 second intervals.

I went back 2 versions to the mirror site and reinstall but it did not fix it. Anyone have the exact version number that should work on android devices - especially the slower older models like Samsung J3 Emerge?