We’re Giving Wyze Person Detection to All Users at Whatever Price You Want - 1/11/22

I’d wait to see if WyzeJimmy can straighten your account out on the backend before doing anything. It’s definitely messed up as you should NOT be seeing your existing CPL cams listed in the CPL Add Cameras pop-up.

Yeah, sorry for the trouble… I think in this case we need to “unbind” the camera from the service and then link it back up, which unfortunately editing the subscription won’t do. Let me know when you wanna take another look at this and I’ll do what I can (and pass that log to the team)!

2 Likes

If you can do that soon without user intervention, great! :smiley: Otherwyze, wouldn’t deleting the subscription from Wyze Services, delete cam, reset cam, re-add subscription, reassign cams to subscription do the same thing with a ton more effort on the user’s part?

1 Like

Ok, I updated app to the beta, updated both cams to the beta fw, cleared cache, logged out, force closed, opened app and logged in - both cams are the same as before, neither allows selecting PD. Both record video. Camplus lite sections look same as prior images I posted. Popup for cam selection has both cams with the checkmarks, it also continues to show the one “unassigned” which may be a beta doorbell I am still using just for a live stream of our side gate.

So when you say “unbind”, it this something you can do on your end? I would prefer if you could do the heavy lifting of fixing this glitch on your end particularly since one cam is a pain to reach if it requires a reset. If I simply can delete from the service on the website then re-signup that would be ok, a restart from the app is easy enough too, but physical access is a royal pain for one of them.

1 Like

Submitted log 502163

1 Like

Just leaving a message to confirm I’m helping @ChemEngr in private messages!

3 Likes

thankssign

Yes, got PM and understand. I never had camplus so I guess I could put them both on a trial then remove them and switch to camplus lite. I can easily reset one but that process is a bit of a hassle, plus the other is hard to reach to do a reset, it’s also rarely ever viewing a person unless I go out to grill before dark so it’s hard to justify spending much time on it. Will probably try the cp trial but got some other things to do today and tomorrow so might wait for Friday. Or just wait for the systemwide fix.

Those who are having problems adding cams to camplus lite, curious if those are v2 cams that you previously had the legacy person detection? Appears that has caused my snafu.

It’s already set up that way. If you don’t sign up for Cam Plus Lite, you’ll still get notifications and “events” will have a thumbnail image instead of a cloud video, and that event will link you to the location on the SD card just as you’re asking for it to do. It’s already set up to work this way, and it is free.

2 Likes

Thanks. I didn’t realize that. It’s actually better now than it was before because instead of getting 12 seconds, you get unlimited straight from the event.

I’ll delete my comment so it doesn’t confuse others.

1 Like

Please explain where/how I can view the video in app on my SD card? On Tues my Cam Outdoor switched to thumbnails. I’ve looked everywhere for a way to view a video of those events. Nothing in my albums, I’ve tapped on every icon on the event & just end up on live stream. If I take the SD card out to view on my PC the videos are there, but I want to be able to view them from the app, if I’m on vacation pulling the card to view is not possible. I can see videos in app on my Pan Cam, but not the outdoor cams.
In general the thumbnails aren’t bad, but if one of my chickens disappears I’d like to be able to see the video to see what happened to her (not all of us are monitoring people).
So details please on how to see in app the video associated with the event on the Wyze Outdoor cam.

Open the view of the camera. Click View Playback. The timeline represents the videos on your SD card.

Alternatively, click the SD card icon under an Event thumbnail.

There is no Playback feature on the app for the Wyze outdoor. There is one for the Pan Cam, but it is the Outdoor Cam I am interested in

I believe the only solution for playback on the WCO is in Albums since it only has motion event clips, not continuous record. It has different SD record capability from the other cams.

These posts may help:

1 Like

I checked albums on my WCO, only things there is those videos that I manually recorded.
Also the WCO does store the 12sec videos on the SD card, I pulled it & checked.
I want a way to see the videos on the SD card in the app.

2 Likes

I don’t believe that is an available function. I don’t have one so I can’t give you any answers, only advice.

I would recommend searching for the specific function topic and then @ tagging or responding to a user who has discussed a feasible workaround.

I can tell you that I found this topic in the Wishlist. So it looks like you are not the only one asking for it. Go there and add your vote at the top.

2 Likes

I got no idea why the @WyzeTeam or @WyzeJimmy or @UserCustomerGwen or other Wyze official is not making some announcements about this issue now that it a known bug in their backend! Why let this keep on festering?

The issue in my case at the least is failing to clear out past services flags. In my case I went from a trial of PD free in 2020 to legacy PD, to camplus lite for a limited test to the full blown camplus lite - all previous changes allowed my cams to have these options available until the 3/14 full rollout. This old flag will not let the cam plus lite be applied to these cams. Hence the error message since it “appears” like they are already signed up.

As for the announcement, it does not need to be as long winded - just tell people you’ve found a bug that is preventing certain accounts from signing up for or applying camplus lite, such as those that had previous services like Legacy PD, apologize for the problems and frustration and assure everyone you are deploying your full resources to fixing this as quickly as possible.

It might not stop all flaming, but at least your more rational customers will understand.

1 Like

I’m sorry; I missed that you were talking about the WCO. That product has all kinds of quirks and limitations. Looks as if @SlabSlayer has got you covered; the simplest solution is getting CamPlus Lite or higher.

I’m not entirely sure what problem you’re having but I was automatically changed from legacy PD to Lite and never touched the app or the services web site. Person announcements are still working for me. (Maybe the app would report the status differently but it’s working so I don’t care. :wink: )

1 Like

My pd works and I get video events, but I no long have option for pd notifications like I had before the full rollout, I only have motion detections and then I get both motion and PD x before this I was able to select only PD. I cannot unselect these cams from camplus lite and I canmot access anything via web acct to manage camplus lite. If I try to re-signup, it says I already have the service, but I can’t access it. In the add cam popup it shows both cams grayed out with green check marks WyzeJimmy already confirmed the glitch is not just me. Feel blessed you are spared these hassles!

1 Like

Covert activity by Wyze is not appreciated by the customer base