We’re Giving Wyze Person Detection to All Users at Whatever Price You Want - 1/11/22

Thats what everyone keeps saying. But I had problems doing it at first. Then thought I had figured it out. I keep getting the email so I come back to check. It says I am subscribed for $1.48 a month. Which is bs. I subscribed for $0. So I subscribed for $0 again and now after I hit save. It asked me for my credit card. So they keep saying you can keep it for $0. But thats not been my experience.

1 Like

Hey, I’d like to look into this a bit further because it sounds like a UI issue. If you’re signed up for $1.48/mo on the backend then it would have asked for a card and had it on file already, so it shouldn’t be prompting for a card now when you switch to $0/mo. Can you send me a DM with your wyze email address to take to the team and verify your contribution amount?

Note: Changing your plan amount (NOT signing up) requires a card on file. It’s a little complicated, but if you think about it, if you have $0/mo selected your only option is to go to a paid plan which requires adding a card - and if you’re on a paid plan and switching to $0/mo then you’d already have a card.

3 Likes

I wouldnt let me private message you.

I’ll let the mods know to increase your level so you can PM

2 Likes

Thank you for the flag… Maxpower’s trust level has been increased to allow uploads and private messaging.

3 Likes

Okay @Maxpower try to PM Jimmy again now that your trust level is increased
(Thanks Seapup for the fast action)

2 Likes

PM sent. Thank you all for the help.

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m touching base with the team and will get back with you after the weekend with what we find.

2 Likes

Just curious why the deadline to opt in to CPlus lite?

What’s the deal for a new cam bought after 2/28?

Technically that’s a misunderstanding…there is no deadline to opt in to Cam Plus Lite. You can opt in anytime. The “deadline” is just when things officially switch over to only use thumbnails for anyone who hasn’t opted in [yet]. After that date, anyone who decides they actually do like having cloud videos (not just limited to SD card recordings) will still be allowed opt in to cam plus lite…so contrary to common misunderstandings there is no risk there nor deadline to opt in.

For any of the models that are currently covered with Cam Plus Lite, you can buy another one of those model cameras anytime after the “deadline” and the new device will continue to be covered under Cam Plus Lite. Again, the word “Deadline” is probably the wrong word, giving the wrong impression here. We should call it something like the thumbnail changeover date because there is no deadline where you will be too late. You can buy any of the current model cameras that work with Cam Plus lite any time after the deadline and these new cameras should continue to be covered with Cam Plus Lite.

For other camera models (for example, if they come out with a V4 model or Pan V3 model or something), if they come out after the deadline, there is no guarantee newer models will be covered under Cam Plus Lite. Wyze said they will consider that when any new cameras come out, so we’ll just have to wait and see.

BUT you will be able to keep using any new V3 cams you buy later this year, or several others that already exist. and there is not currently a limit on when you will be allowed to sign up for Cam Plus Lite…that will still be offered in March and probably for a long time afterward. It’s just anyone who doesn’t sign up by the deadline will get switched off Cloud videos, but they’ll still be allowed to go sign up for Cam Plus Lite even after the switch happens.

I hope that helps to clarify.

4 Likes

Thx! The word deadline kind of made me wonder if I might have misunderstood the plan. But as you explain is how I figured, or at least had hoped. I only have 2 V2 with legacy PD that were auto upgraded. It’s fine. I too often forget to turn off motion events until I start getting a raft of them due to shadows moving when it’s breezy. So at times I’m one who has had a slew of unnecessary event videos wasting space. PD has improved so I tend to now limit it to only PD events.

3 Likes

Exactly. It’s the date at which Wyze stops recording your videos to cloud servers… unless you’ve enrolled in CamPlus Lite or CamPlus… in which you can also enroll at will later.

2 Likes

I’m getting confused. I have Cam Plus on my Wyze DoorBell. Lately, it seems that I no longer get notifications of deliveries where the driver leaves the package without ringing the doorbell. It seems like I previously did get notices of that and video clips right on the main screen for the DoorBell. Now I get neither on the main screen for the DoorBell. Instead I have to remember to go hunting through the screens to open up “Events” to look for deliveries, which is causing problems, especially when FedEx drops off frozen food deliveries like “Hello Fresh” and the box sits on the porch for hours!
Has something changed? Is there something I can do to get notifications of all persons and packages and have their clips appear on the opening screen for Wyze DoorBell?

2 Likes

I don’t have camplus so not exactly sure. My db only gives me motion detection. However, my V2 person detection notifications do seem flaky. at times not showing up although the events are there. Most times I get the person notification.

As for the db, I usually get the motion notifications. Not sure when it changed, but it now says Doorbell Alarm generically rather than using the Front-Door name I assigned.

Ever since the V1 I have hoped that I could just run locally with the option of paying for cloud support when needed. This switch will force me to the RTSP firmware where I should have been all along, I have around 12 cameras, and I watch all my 12 clips, which is a nuisance. It is better to have an NVR and be able to jump or fast forward which isn’t as good with the cloud setup as a local NVR. But thanks wyze for the 3+ years of cameras and cloud service.

Originally, I just wanted a cam to view my front entry where deliveries are placed since so few ring our doorbell which was just a dumb gong. The db location is on side wall which has no view of people approaching, but side window next to door has ideal view, albeit it’s a “portrait” or vertical view so most cams being landscape need to be rotated 90deg. At the time, the V2 with free PD, free cloud stg and with sd card stg ability was the perfect fit. We live in a 24/7 guard gated community with only the one access gate. We just do not get random theft threats or malicious property damage here. Cam plus is just a waste for us. I got a db as a beta tester which was fun, but it’s practically useless: it can’t view people approaching, rarely detects anyone placing packages, it doesn’t see below enough to view where packages are placed against the wall, if people are standing at the door then it only sees their back and a bit of profile, deliveries that do ring the bell leave so fast it’s impossible to answer the “call” and if I add the wedge to view the approach, then it cannot see anyone waiting by the door at all. Again, camplus is a waste for this location. Occasionally I’ll get a motion event for a human moving past it. But it gets a ton of useless tree branch shadow motion events. If wyze offered PD on the doorbell, I’d turn off the motion events and save them a bunch of wasted stg space. If figure turning off motion events from the cams that have the PD option more than pays for itself by saving wyze stg space and reduces network usage due to the significant drop in event notifications. On a sunny breezy day, I could get events every 5 min for hours. Anyway, this whole stg situation ultimately points to the flaws in the wyze model. A flat 14 days with 5 min cool downs has apparently been too expensive to maintain. My idea, @WyzeTeam, would be to offer camplus free as xxGB per day or per week or per month of free storage with options to adjust cooldown, max event recording time, PD and motion toggles like now, etc - add a GB usage counter with a simple calculation of estimated storage duration so people could plan their settings. Those that prefer could then upgrade to camplus lite with the addition of all the basic AI options, at a minimal cost for those who don’t want to fuss with adjustments to optimize the free option or who want more AI options. Finally have camplus plus as it is now as the full version with no limits and all the AI goodies like facial recognition.

1 Like

This was such a terrible rollout. I chose Wyze because it didn’t have the garbage subscription service and just let you record to a micro SD card. Now you have to send e-mails and notifications to make sure you opt-in to cam plus lite like 4 different times and it still doesn’t work.

Nothing happens. Any new motion is missed. That’s the entire point of the forced delay.

That’s exactly what it does if SD recording is turned on. The “cooldown” period does not apply to the separate SD recording settings.

So it’s already operating as you suggest, and always has.

1 Like

Per other reply, I can confirm the SD card recordings ignore cooldown and ignore the award sec limitation. It was very windy past few days and got a slew of recordings that are significantly longer than 12 sec, many minutes in fact, plus many gaps are are only 1-2 min at most. The only thing is I’m not sure the sensitivity setting affects SD card recordings. Seems like a great deal even when I lower sensitivity. The only thing I’d like to see is a play SD button right on Home Screen next to the thumbnail, and improved playback controls.

1 Like

Will RTSP firmware still be supported?