View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Hey @ChemEngr - don’t get irritated! :slight_smile:!!! We’re all on here to express our opinions and generally people are trying to help. Everyone has an opinion, and like you said they are just that, and it’s exciting to see so many people that want to participate and make Wyze better. It’s a rarer thing to see in a forum and all the free ideas that people are giving Wyze has to be overwhelming to them as well!

I’m not sure where Wyze’s official position is regarding RTSP and security updates (Maybe someone from Wyze can clarify on the RTSP thread?). They have stated it has been officially released to the public, but they keep referring to it as a beta firmware. This typically is done for legal and/or supportability requirements. This means that the firmware may or may not be updated, and it’s entirely up to the discretion of Wyze as to when, how, and why they will do updates to the RTSP firmware. They have stated that releases for RTSP will be slower then that of the mainline but have also indicated that when they update it they are applying security updates. If you move to RTSP, you’re not out of support with the company…you’ll have the balance the risk/reward from your own perspective. As for the features that are missing in the current RTSP - I have not found any, but I’m not actively comparing between mainline and RTSP. Lastly - I’m sure that all of the RTSP adopters, if a security breach was found that was major, would be pushing Wyze hard for an update and I’m fairly confident that Wyze would respond in kind - they don’t want to have customer data stolen and/or for their products to be associated with an insecure capability that they added.

The addition of a web interface is something I think they’ll get to - it’s also a big topic, as the web interface should incorporate, IMO, with all of their devices. It’s also something that would make sense to have a subscription around. I think this would then help address a much more non-technical user use case (such as the one @Amiga along with others have proposed). It’d be nice to get a more official timeline as well, but all we can really do is voice our opinions and then have others that can help address workaround for the time being.

I can say that we intend to fix security issues with the RTSP firmware if they come up. There is a newer version that has been in development but that has been deprioritized some with everything going on.

2 Likes

Please please geniuses, help us to be able to use our computers - windows to monitor our Fantastic WYZE Camera. Love! Linda.

1 Like

I’m continuing to monitor this thread and sharing information about the conversations here with the team. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not a WYZE employee, but as a Maven frequent these forums. I will let you know the reason I will post workarounds even though some maybe cant or do not want to use. Posting a work around gives them an option they can try, if possible, while they wait on WYZE to come out with what they want.

3 Likes

Personally I could care less for a computer option. But I don’t get on here and comment after comment after comment. It’s in the wish list and has many votes so I’m sure they are looking into it.

This is something that we have been discussing but we understand why people feel frustrated at the delay in a firm decision.

3 Likes

I understand their frustrations. But I feel sometimes community guidelines are upheld and at other times they are not. They have voiced their opinions numerous times and they have a good sized vote. So why are they allowed to say the same thing over and over? It just clogs the thread and nothing is gained. Just my opinion.

1 Like

To be on the safe side, I just read through the guidelines again before responding here. There have not been guidelines broken by the same participants expressing their stable opinion in the correct topic thread.

2 Likes

Thanks Gwendolyn!!! :heart:

1 Like

I get that and you make a good point regarding future support being in their best interest. And thx @UserCustomerGwen for confirming, monitoring and attempting to get some feedback. I sense those expressing frustration are most likely simply hoping to see this moved up from a maybe later to a researching or roadmap level, or alternatively, wyze can opt to kill it completely - in any event some direction from wyze may help certain users to either hang in or look elsewhere.

I also agree 100% that it’s good to offer alternatives since many could benefit - I’ve noted and bookmarked some for my future consideration. Personally, I sort of wish the workarounds were organized in their own thread.

My apologies for the irritation remark - poor choice of words. I guess it just seems many with valid reasons are often dismissed for not embracing the suggested options.

3 Likes

You’re welcome, folks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, Jason, please keep us up to date. Thank You Genius!!! I am a quantum physics fan. I developed a hypothesis and formula for Gravity and submitted to Hawking in 2007. They stopped force as a property and shifted to electromagnetic entity. Close, but still off. I am totally ignorant regarding computers and the dynamics involved. linda.:rose:

2 Likes

I give information on workarounds because that is all we have not because I don’t agree that Wyze should be working on a better solution.
I don’t think I’ve read a comment yet that is negative toward the suggestion of a Wyze solution to the problem.
It wasn’t until Amiga’s last post that I understood why our workarounds wouldn’t work for him, “The need to receive notifications at work.”.

I am practical. If this product gets too annoying to use I’ll switch to a more suitable camera. So far, I can live with the Wyze shortcomings. :slight_smile:

1 Like

From someone who spends most of his workday staring at a monitor…Yes, Please add web and/or desktop support.

It appears Wyze is a profitable company and has substantially increased its staffing capabilities. However, the direction that they have chosen seems to be to expand their product suite, instead of going deep into each product.

I think you’re right, I don’t think developing a PC or Mac-based software solution for viewing the Wyze Cam is anywhere in their short term plan. They appear to be going more for the “shock and awe” approach to the market place for gaining more exposure from all the free PR.

I am the 1,000th user to reply. WYZE should have a PC viewer, Otherwise, I’ll get fed up with it, dump my cameras on FaceBook Marketplace, and go to another camera company.

The costs I have incurred are so minimal (compared to ring and other camera companies) I can just chuck the WYZE cameras and accessories in the trash without much economic loss.

Listen to your customers WYZE. Otherwise, you’ll get a bad reputation, sales will evaporate and other camera systems will cause your company to fail.

1 Like

Just added my comment/reply to bring the total to 1,000. It’s the most requested change. Why won’t WYZE listen to its customers?

We are listening and we’re in this thread. There are considerations outside of the popularity of the request (direction, implementation, complication, resources, ability, security, etc.). So we’re still discussing this request internally and we haven’t decided against it but we don’t have a solid answer yet.

2 Likes

As long as you are aware that you are losing customers.

It is entirely up to you but I have already switched and am only on this forum to see if my one wyze camera needs to go to many.

So far the answer has been a resounding no. That I need to pay $50 for one that has PC support rather than $25 for Android/iOS only.

Don