View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Hoping for the desktop viewer on Mac. Small window is sufficient. I use my cameras in an office location and would love to know who has entered before I leave my desk and make the trek up to our front door. Many times it is a mail carrier or package delivery which do not need my attention. We understand you are working on it, so please keep at it, and thanks for a great product.

Hoping for the desktop viewer on Mac. Small window is sufficient. I use my cameras in an office location and would love to know who has entered before I leave my desk and make the trek up to our front door. Many times it is a mail carrier or package delivery which do not need my attention. We understand you are working on it, so please keep at it, and thanks for a great product.

Come on guys, is not hard, just need a bit of time invested thats it, we are not asking to invent the wheel, many other cameras do it, nowadays we have whatsapp web, skype web all web,

Actually, no, they aren’t working on it.
The status of this request is Maybe-later.

1 Like

Yes, this is not in progress. A few posts back in #560 will give you a link to how to do this on a computer using RTSP & VLC. That’s today.

1 Like

Why can’t I use my laptop to view my cameras If there isn’t a way how long until yall create a way. Iam thinking sooner than later I see many users asking for it now ge
t it done

Viewing on a computer can be done today using RTSP firmware and VLC:

2 Likes

I’ll add that these instructions are for viewing inside your own LAN. Elsewhere, you’ll need to reserve the local LAN IP and forward ports. These two steps, however, depend on the router you have.

You’ll also need your WAN IP.

RTSP is just beta at present. I haven’t decided to try it yet. Before I do, can you specify the port in the firmware? In order to forward in the router, you have to know the port. Finding the ip and wan ip is easy enough, but haven’t read about the port.

As for wyze, this topic now has over 2000 votes but it’s still listed as maybe later. Disappointing.

I don’t remember being asked for the preferred port number. It defaults to 554. It probably is baked into the firmware, I’m not sure, might need to ask WYZE.

If you’re port forwarding, you can always assign another external port number in the mapping.

Ya, I recall now mention. Had to do similar for remote access to my lan printer. Just not sure I want to bother with a beta. Only betas I’ve used have fairly strong open source communities. Not too sure how much effort wyze puts into this.

It might be a beta, but it seems very stable. I’ve had no issues with it. Like WYZE says, it doesn’t do SD recording.

But this is something I never expected; everything else works. The RTSP cam shows up in the WYZE app (even without port forwarding and even outside home network), the events get recorded, you get notifications. Just no SD card access. And probably no sense support, I don’t have bridge/sense to test.

Unless you really need RTSP support, like you want to view outside of your home network on a desktop or are using another software that requires RTSP, there’s not much value.

Is there a means to disable the camera from sending any data to the Wyze cloud? Such that I can use RTSP and VLC to meet my clients’ requirements for privacy?

In the settings screen of the target camera, there is a button that says, “Delete Device”. I assume that means the camera is taken off the server. I haven’t tested it, though.

Edit – To be sure, you might want to mess with your router and block any attempt to connect to the WYZE server, or any other unknown server. I’ve tried flashing my router with DD-WRT firmware in the past to do this kind of thing. That was a long time ago and I’m no longer up to date on it.

Edit #2 – Or you could simply disconnect the router’s connection to the internet. But I read somewhere that the cameras might time out, test that scenario.

Using bluestacks and seeing my cams. The instructions below work. One caveat though - not working in the same time with the phone app.

Are you on Android? A recent change took away hardware acceleration on Android. Wyze is considering their options.

And it’s changes like that which began to erode my faith in Wyze. Is there a wishlist action to restore it?

I use Bluestacks too but it only allows you to see 3 cameras at one time. That’s a problem.

maybe-later :smile:

I just put it on the #wishlist