View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Install BlueStacks on your PC and install the Wyze app on it. Works great!

The answer is always to load Bluestacks. But how do you store hours of video on Bluestacks? I could not find how to do that where PC interfaces allow it.

That is the only reason I still want PC is to make use of DVR functionality.

You don’t, You use a $5 micro card that will store 2 days

Is Bluestacks available on the Mac? Or do I have to use parallels to switch to windows or boot camp?

YOU might not call them home security cameras, but it alerts me when there is motion, I can hear what is being said in the room and I can talk to people. That’s security enough for me.

I’ll see if the bluestack will load on my computer at work. Some things I can’t because of the security they have set.

Pat

One thing to watch with BlueStacks at least in my experience with it. It can be a resource hog.

And therein lies the problem. I need at least a month per camera.

Yes, BlueStacks runs on Mac. Although as @WyzeJasonJ Jason says, it can be a resource hog. There are a couple of other Mac-compatible Android emulators out there as well (Google will find them).

6 months ago Wyze beat out all others on price, performance and support. Now while it seems Wyze has focused on new products there are many competitors for cameras in the < $30 market.
As long as the cameras function as well or better than when I bought them I’m satisfied. But others are looking attractive.

Not if you want to watch more than 3 cameras. And every once in a while, the Wyze app times out.

My Wyze app restarts at less 20 times a day. I send the feedback to wyze. Never get a response??

Fixed. Thank you

Just found out the nest app no longer allows you to turn off the status light. So yeah you can view it from a desktop browser but the light will be flashing if you do. At least wyze still lets you turn it off. Had to cover the light with a piece of electrical tape. Not sure why they had to do something to piss of consumers over “privacy”. My doorbell or outdoor cameras look outside where there is no reasonable expectation of privacy. So wyze should not go this route of removing functionality like some competitors trying to dictate how we use our cameras. Almost thinking of switching to an ip camera with NVR so I’m not streaming to any third party cloud service that can see my cameras or be hacked. And I have complete control of the cameras and can run my own firmware.

For the person who told me to turn on facial identification. I do have that on. What I was trying to say is it’s in very important to get PC access because all day long I get alerts and I actually have to physically get up and walk outside my building and search for signal to see what is on there and usually they are the post man or a dog or my kids coming home from school or whatever and it would be much more helpful to just be able to look on my PC and save time. Unfortunately cell service is not an option where I am but for some reason I get alerts. But the Wyze app will not load due to laxk of signal. And I want them. I just want to look at them on my pc. And no, I cannot download on my work computer or bring outside computers to work. But I do appreciate your trying to help. I guess I was not clear.

It works not great, not terrible.

+1 to this request. you can’t expect to compete with other Camera vendors when you don’t have this essential feature.

2 Likes

Please put this at the top of your list
I would not have bought it if i knew it would not work with pc
I would buy more if it did

2 Likes

I expected web access might be a priority so I chose a wyze cam since I thought the reviews were positive and I like to support new companies that seem intent on being the best. To see so many high demand and highly beneficial wish list features put on the back burner makes me wonder if wyze really does want to be the best. Hope so.

1 Like

If it’s such a “tricky feature” how did YI Technology figured it out? I can watch the 4 cameras I have on my PC desktop at the same time, Then I have to go to my cell phone to see my WYZE camera.

3 Likes

This has been taking so long it’s time to just move on to another brand. I paid a little more and switched to Yi cameras for this feature alone. I definitely preferred the Wyze cameras at first, but function is function and I got tired of waiting.

1 Like