View On PC/Browser (Windows / Mac / Chromebook)

Those requirements are not “budget” or “inexpensive”.

What I meant by “24/7 monitoring” is monitoring by an offsite, staffed “security” firm. To get that you will need to pay a monthly fee. SimpliSafe charges $15 a month. You might find something a bit cheaper, maybe $10, but unlikely lower than that.

Continuous recording. Don’t the Wyze cams do that if you have a microSD card installed? Or do you need to have that recording done in the cloud?

Your requirements seem to be for a “security” system. If you search the Wyze forums or website you may find a post or two indicating that Wyze is really NOT a robust security system. I can’t remember where I read that, but I’m pretty sure it was on the Wyze site. Maybe do a Google search for “Is Wyze a security system?”

https://forums.wyze.com/t/home-security-system-with-monitoring-and-911-calls/7917

That might be the article.

Note too that Wyze is billed as a “SmartHome” company NOT a “security” company.

If all you need is cameras, there are many systems that will do what you want, albeit at a higher price. Plus you will need to pay for the 24/7 monitoring.

If you need sensors as well, you will need to start with a “security” system.

And if you REALLY need 24/7 coverage, you will need to invest in battery backups and cellular service for the security system. Most people don’t think about those additional needs if they are looking for 100% uptime and access.

And when I recently compared the Wyze cams to others available for the DIY market, I found that NONE of them were perfect and 100% reliable. What level of reliability do you need?

I’m just asking questions and making observations. I do like my Wyze products (even if they aren’t connected right now, and I’ve found multiple flaws with the Outdoor Camera and haven’t even installed it.) But I’m looking for low-cost, SmartHome products to “play” with. Yes, I hope they are working if I ever experience a “security” need, but I do NOT expect Wyze or any other company to provide that in my budget range.