V3 Does NOT work with Alexa

I have the same phone… hmmm. out of all my show devices I do not have the 5 Gen 1 to test on. I think my daughter does, I’ll see if I can swipe it from her to tinker.

Thank you, that is awesome if you can try. your help is so appreciated.

1 Like

My daughter let me borrow her Echo Show 5 Gen 1.

I did a factory rest on it and loaded my account.
The Echo Device is on Fire OS 6.5.4.9(NS6549/3660)

I was able to view all of my Wyze Camera devices from this Echo device
Wyze Camera V2
Wyze Camera V3
Wyze Cam Outdoor
Wyze Pan Cam
Wyze Pan Cam V2
Wyze Floodlight (which is just a V3)
And to my Surprise!!! The Wyze Video Doorbell Pro in the proper Landscape View!!! (Sorry but this was really Exciting, given that the original Wyze video doorbell has issues with Alexa viewing)
And the original Wyze Video Door still did not work.

Some pics for examples

Which Wyze camera version are you working with, and just for verification what firmware version do you have on the Wyze Camera?

1 Like

Same problem here.

I have a v3 that works fine and a v3 that doesn’t!!!

All in the same network, same wifi connection, same and latest firmware.

One of them works with Alexa iOS app and firestick. The other one is detected but says “live video not available”.

Both work normally in Wyze iOS app.

Are you seeing the same as identified in this thread?

Check to see if you have a live feed in Alexa

Tried this procedure of factory reset the cam, re add in Wyze, set a new name.

Same results, still shows no video on Alexa nor fire stick.

After that I did all again unlink, skills, redetect, etc and still same results.

One single thing is different on the one working: it has Wyze Cam Plus subscription enabled.
Maybe it’s necessary to have video feed on Alexa?

The Cam Plus license should have no bearing, the camera that I cannot view on my Alexa device nor a live view in the Alexa app has a Cam Plus license assigned to it.

Amazon/Alexa has been quite funky since their outage, where all my Wyze devices are working properly in the Wyze App.

Thanks for the response was hoping maybe the findings is the other thread may help your issue. I’m still trying some things. Should I find something I’ll update.

Hallelujah it works!!

I tried all possible ideas from all previous topics, but it worked for me doing this:

• changed my cam plus device to the v3 that wasn’t working.
  • changed my cam plus device to (I didn’t mention before) my v2 that’s wasn’t working either.
  • changed back my cam plus to my main v3 that was already working
  • restarted all cams
  • removed from Alexa iOS and re-detected them
  • now they’re all available on Alexa app (doesn’t show “live video not supported” anymore) and streamable
  • they still won’t show live feed on firestick tv
  • Then I asked fire tv Alexa to show my main v3, and it works.
  • finally I asked fire tv to show my second v3 and my v2, and they FINALLY stream perfectly!
1 Like

It does work on Alexa despite saying “Live view not supported.”

Just make sure you say “Alexa show me the (name of cam).” Don’t say “Alexa enable the (name of cam)”.

When I open the Alexa App and look under cameras it still says “live view not supported” but it is working as long as I talk into Alexa. Hopefully this helps someone because it took some trial and error for me to figure out how to get it to work.

1 Like

I know it’s been several months, but I wanted to say thank you!!! I appreciate all that you did to help resolve this and respond to my request for help. Big thanks!

2 Likes

I’ll add my experience for this. I only have v3, but I’ve been buying them every few months. I have never had the cam+ or cam lite, but my most resent cam v3 is the one with this error. I can see them all, including the one with the error, on the Show 8 2nd gen, but in the Alexa app on iOS I can’t pull up the most recent cam v3. The only difference for these cameras (unless there’s some hidden hardware change) is the activation date. The ones I can get in the Alexa iOS app were all activated prior to March 2022. The most resent one was activated in April 2022, and has been on Alexa for almost a month. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, changed WiFi SSIDs, upgraded the firmware. I wonder if there’s some slow rollout for Amazon as in March a bunch of my Automations through Amazon broke, but I’ve mostly been able to get the Alexa Echo automations back up and working by deleting everything and restarting. It might just be a waiting game unless you’re willing to start over from scratch.