V3 Antenna Lousy Reception

The last firmware for IOS has disabled my signal strength bars, they are working with signal but at the same time they are not functioning correctly with the setting I choose to enable after update.

Installed 4 new V3’s this week. A total disaster. They constantly disconnect then reconnect. They won’t acknowledge the memory storage installed and WORST of all every time I access any of the new cameras through the app. it immediately kicks all other wifi devices off in my house. I’m very unhappy with these cameras.

1 Like

I just wanted to chime in and say that I purchased 3 of the v3 cams. The only issue I had was one of them came with a defective USB cable and wouldn’t power the camera. That was easy enough to fix as I have a bazillion of these cables around the house.

I haven’t had any issues with WiFi strength or streaming quality. I inserted SD cards into each unit and they work fine. The picture quality is noticeably better than on the v2 cams.

I only ordered one (for now) but I’ve experienced no connection problems and no disruption of any of my other WiFi devices. I haven’t installed a micro SD card yet.

Have you tried the cameras one at a time to see if only one is the problem device? If they are kicking other devices off, one problem camera could be kicking off the other 3 that aren’t.

Just installed two outside with memory cards and had no issues with connections…yet. Fingers crossed.

This isn’t specifically reception related, but the same cam I had all the connection issues with (which I posted about here) began buzzing LOUDLY at around 1am… it started clicking slowly, then sped up to a buzz in about 10 seconds. I quickly unplugged it out of concern it might wake the neighbors up (fortunately I was already up).
Also, earlier, on the rare occasion when I was able to maintain a connection to the camera, I noted that there were recording gaps in time on the memory card, which I wouldn’t expect to happen, even if there was a connection issue.
I’ve opened a service ticket, and the camera is sitting on the counter unplugged… not a good experience.

So I just tried installing my V3 camera on my driveway removing my v2 camera that is currently installed. It wouldn’t even connect to my Eero router, so had to put my v2 back up, which connected right away again. I installed the V3 in a different location on my driveway with a spotty connection. As soon as I closed my garage door, I could no longer connect to it. After reading the posts above I moved my secondary Eero router into my garage and now the V3 camera works great. I guess I’m going to be buying another Eero router to expand my Wi-fi coverage in my home.

I am also having issues connecting to my v3 cameras. One in particular keeps dropping with very low bitrate and picture goes blurry. I have mesh wifi about 40 ft away. I never had issues with my pan cam in the same spot so it can’t be the placement of my mesh nodes.

I also notice the video feed in live view is unusable when uploading a video to cam plus and after it’s done it seems to get better.

Hopefully this can be fixed somehow.

I’ve been researching this since this post and thinking I may try the meshforce m3s being they have a sweet deal on it and I can get a 3 pack for not much more that the Eero 6. I’ve read so many reviews on both and thinking the meshforce sounds pretty good. The m3s is their top of the line setup with 1gbs it should be plenty fast and with 3 of these in a 14x70 mobile home I should be good to go. Would love to hear if anyone knows of any issues with meshforce. They have almost a 5 star rating on Amazon with thousands sold.

While my V3 does seem to use about half as much data as my V2’s but it never loses it’s connection and the picture is still noticeably better than my V2’s. Also, that from about 65-ish feet and though 3 walls.

Update: So I thought moving my Eero mesh router into my garage less than 20ft from my v3 camera would fix the connectivity issue. 24hrs of being installed and the connectivity is very up and down. My v2 camera in the same vicinity connects without issue.

Wow 20ft i would be sending it back and trying a replacement.

1 Like

How did you confirm the speed at the camera?

I understand WiFi extenders cut the speed in half.

Leo Laporte stated it’s because they are, by design, not full duplex.

Avoid.

I understand most routers/extenders provided by your internet company
are cheap and work poorly.

If you buy new, get the latest ‘WiFi 6’ version.

I have had great luck from Costco.

My understanding is a mesh system does not cut it in half like an extender but there is a very small difference being the signal is going through multiple routers instead of just one.

1 Like

I installed a V3 using the same mount as a V2, outdoors, just under my roof. Both Cameras on my main WiFi ssid. The V2 had worked fine for 10 months. The V3 would not connect at all. I had to setup a new WiFi access point close by to get it to work.
CONFIRMED: The V3 has a much worse WiFi module. Now we know one area where they saved a few cents to get the better image sensor

1 Like

Wow I hope it’s just isolated incidents. I plan to put a v3 in between my front window which is a clear shot from my router but about 30ft away.

Just an fyi that I eventually received a replacement camera from Wyze, which has now been operating flawlessly (ie - without any connection issues or buzzing) in the same location and with the same arrangement that my v2 cam did (which includes use of a wifi repeater).
This is a video I made of the buzzing the defective v3 cam occasionally made…

Wow I wasn’t hearing anything and as soon as I put my ear up to the speaker!!! Wow definitely scared the heck out of me.