[Updated 02-13-20] Data leak 12-26-2019

Thats a good sign, server must be catching up

1 Like

I got too many attempts. I then used the “I forgot password”, got the code from Wyze, entered the new password, and it still tells me too many attempts. What the deuce! Wyze help me out here!!

This clean wipe of all accounts is absurd. I’m 300 miles away from home and cannot access my smart plugs, bulbs, or cameras to turn off the Christmas decorations, house lights, etc. because I’m locked out of my account due to the 2fa servers being blown up.

Wyze Team-Do better.

1 Like

Yes, however some people use them that way in conjunction with the contact sensors and motion sensors. When all of these have been compromised it makes the system useless.

Give it a bit of time, it seems to be catching up slowly

I suspect you just need to wait. I don’t know how long it locks you out after too many attempts, but you’re probably in a lockout period. Maybe try again in a few hours. If you get the same message, don’t try multiple times, or it may extend the lockout period.

1 Like

Not a good start for new Wyze owners that just got them for Christmas. Bad press for Wyze for sure.

The timing is unfortunate, especially for those who had a tech-savvy relative help them set everything up yesterday, only to be logged out today. I’m sure it was a difficult decision to reset all the security tokens, but it was an important precautionary security measure.

7 Likes

What I don’t seem to understand is why i can login using a different email but not my original one I used

is it fixed? still cant log in to my app

That one I do not know the answer to either, were both set up with 2FA?

When you log back in you should have full access again. Are unable to receive text messages at your current location? I could see this being problematic if you were on vacation in another country and don’t have your regular number/Sim card.

Kudos to Wyze for maintaining a level of transparency rarely seem in the corporate world these days.

Sorry for the bad press this will likely cause after the holidays, and sorry also to staff who likely got called in from holiday vacation time to deal with this.

For me the response to this has solidified my appreciation of wise as a company.

4 Likes

Funny thing…I have Alexa on a tablet…and that still works fine. it was never logged out. Alex can control things fine. wyze app was logged out. i dont use Alexa, i only ws just had it for a few days to compare to G Home…forgot i had the tablet sitting on my desk

Did you log back into the Wyze Alexa skill with another device? It’s not necessary to do it on each device. Amazon stores the access token in the cloud, so that any of your Alexa-connected devices can use it.

1 Like

So, I tried to login again and at the home screen when I put in my email and password it said invalid number. So I hit back to close the app and it magically logged me back in.

I don’t mind so much a temporary app inaccessibility for the sake of security, but it’s a problem when lights and plugs that aren’t easily accessible also go haywire and stop working correctly. The weird thing is that one of my android tablets that displays a camera feed 24/7 via the app never got kicked off today and is still displaying the camera feed just fine. That may be a security problem in itself if Wyze tried to shut it down and it didn’t work

its finally back

3 Likes

Yea, i got in as well :smiley: happy times

3 Likes

Just logged back in with 2fa. good work wyze

3 Likes