Sunset, sunrise (dusk, dawn) trigger for rules

This is now available in the app for me, where it wasn’t as recently as yesterday.

1 Like

Good to know! Thx

Really?! What do you have on that schedule? iOS or Android?

iOS

1 Like

Is it just me or did the sunset/sunrise rules not adjust automatically after daylight saving time ended? My sunset rule is activating around 6pm (what it would have been before DST ended) instead of around 5pm, which is when sunset is now.

2 Likes

I noticed that mine came on kind of early, but hadn’t paid that much attention until you mentioned it. I’m thinking that you’re right.

I found and created four schedules on 2 switches. I had all schedules off last night. I went to turn 2 schedules on for today and two of the schedules were gone for 1 switch and all four schedules were gone for the 2nd switch! I’ll be glad when switches can be grouped and (hopefully) I can schedule those 2 as a group.

1 Like

I wondered the same thing and then also found that I needed to add my address again in the Home section. I’ll see if that makes a difference tonight.

1 Like

My home address is already in so I’ll try to pay attention tonight to see if it comes on at dusk, or when… Sunset is 5:38, so we’ll see.

1 Like

It looks like they rolled back the sunrise/ sunset option or I’m just missing it? I have a plug set to come on 20 mins after sunset and thought today I’d change it to 10 mins but I cannot see the option to edit it and if I try a new rule no sunrise/sunset option at all

1 Like

I was about to say that Sunrise/Sunset were there on mine. I added a couple of Wyze Color bulbs in the past week, and they were there, but after reading your post, I checked, and sure enough, they’re gone. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I still see Sunrise/Sunset in my rule engine:

1 Like

GREMLINS!! I just checked the rules I mentioned earlier as not working, and Sunrise/Sunset are back. Even when the rules were gone, the lights came on at the expected time(s).

1 Like

It was 100% not there the other day and is back again now

1 Like

The Sunrise & Sunset schedule options are very new; I wouldn’t be surprised that they are still tinkering with them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a bug. Trying to find the time to write it up, but I have come up with a workaround.

3 Likes

Thanks. I was beginning to think I was losing my mind or going senile (both still probable) because I had seen the sunrise/sunset options when tinkering with my Wyze Plug / Wyze Outdoor Plug rules for my Xmas lights… but they’re gone now. Good to know it’s not just me.

1 Like

Wondering if anybody else is experiencing this problem. When I try to set my location in the Wyze app, it pops up a white screen where I can either type the location or press the “Current Location” button. If I tap “Current Location” it fills in my current address but the white screen stays in place and there is no “Save” button to save this location. I happened to notice that if I “pull down” on the white screen it shows a map that has “Save” in the upper right corner, but as soon as I take my finger off the screen the white screen it immediately slides back up and covers the map. If I am fast enough I can slide the white screen down, expose the map, and quickly tap “Save” and it will then save my location. So, while I am able to get this to work, it is pretty hit and miss and certainly not the way it should oeprate.

This happens on both my Pixel 4XL phone running Android 12 and also on my Samsung Android tablet running Android 11. Running version 2.27.14 of the Wyze Beta app.

Yes. I have the same experience on all my Android devices. I’ve been “lucky enough” to be able to set only a couple rules.