Sunset, sunrise (dusk, dawn) trigger for rules

That worked for you and this works for me.

1 Like

Gosuna, a cheap smart home brand I found on Amazon even has the option. Iā€™ll just buy TP-Link bulbs until Wyze finally adds it.

1 Like

My color bulb sunset works completely, on and off. The sunrise will come on but it does not shut offā€¦

1 Like

I too am astonished to find that in the time Iā€™ve owned various Wyze gadgets, that this really simple request goes unfilled. Why would you be dorking around with weird settings on package detection when your devices canā€™t even know what time sunrise and sunset are at my location? I donā€™t even mind having to define that location manually.

And yes, agreed, all my cheapo, no-name/generic-name plugs are smart enough to be able to come on ā€œ15 minutes before sunsetā€ or ā€œ30 minutes after sunriseā€. Itā€™s not that complex.

(and no, Iā€™m not inviting Alexa into my house to fix this. Thatā€™s part of why I picked Wyze products. I have felt, historically, that they are genuinely not trying to comb through all my personal data like Amazon/Google blatantly are)

2 Likes

How long since wyze said they would be rolling out a new rules engine with sunset/sunrise triggers and a new interface? I have yet so hear of anyone who got it and tested it. Itā€™s hard to believe. If it were not for the fact I happen to have alexa, Iā€™d have been driven completely away from wyze. Right now Iā€™m hanging in by using alexa.

2 Likes

This feature is about 2 months shy of 2 years old from originally being mentioned in September 2019 as far back as I could see. Thatā€™s a bit too long for Wyze. Are they distracted with other stuff or are they overhauling the whole triggers/rules engine and just keep changing it again and again before rollout. I mean the status is only ā€œresearchingā€ right now, should be in later ā€œtestingā€ phase by now. Whatā€™s the deal here, Wyze?

2 Likes

I too would LOVE this feature to have an option for sunset and sunrise based on GEO location which seems very simple to me.

:bulb:Cā€™mon @UserCustomerGwen make this one happen! :smiley: :bulb:

2 Likes

Based on the email I received this morning from Wyze, this is now a possibility!!!

ā€œYou also finally have the ability to trigger color changes in your Wyze Bulb Color, trigger devices when itā€™s sunrise or sunset, activate your Wyze Cam v3 siren for any alarm that strikes your fancy, and so much more! (HMS scheduling coming soon!)ā€

HOWEVER, I cannot seem to find this option when creating/editing rules. Anyone figure it out yet?

Came here wondering the same thing!

1 Like

yup, that makes at least 3 of us.

Me too, Been waiting forever for this simple a fundamental feature.

Glad you guys posted this. I just went into my Rules ā†’ then Create New Rule ā†’ then clicked Start Time ā†’ and look what I found:

Took them long enough. Also I have not tested this feature as of yet so I cannot speak to how well it works, but thanks for the heads up!!!

1 Like

Are you android? Still not seeing this on the iOS app.

not seeing it on my android app either. maybe beta software?

Iā€™m not seeing it on my Android app either. I see the new Location Trigger has been added but I donā€™t see the sunset/sunrise options as pictured aboveā€¦

Iā€™m not seeing this either. I am on IOS. Is this feature only for ā€œsubscriptionā€ users?

1 Like

Iā€™ve been on with support all morning who pretty much had no idea. They now say they are going to roll this out over the next three weeks. They also havenā€™t released an iOS app since 2.23.23, Aug 12, 2021. So my guess is it is going to be in the next release.

2 Likes

So what version of the app should we be on for this new function? And if it hasnā€™t been rolled out yet, how did the other person who posted a screen shot with it get it?

Thanks for sharing your information. I guess we wait and see. Funny thing with this company is they have decent technology, but poor communication. I learned a lot about IFTTT and Alexa rules while waiting for this feature from Wyze.

1 Like

i went ahead and joined the beta program (android) and the sunrise/set feature is in there. v2.24.16. so whenever they update the app it should show up.

2 Likes