Sound Detection with Smoke alarm

I have IFTTT set up to make the lights flash when any of the cameras detect a smoke detector or the carbon monoxide detector going off. One night I woke up to the lights flashing. I asked my spouse if the smoke alarms went off and he said, “no, but there was a prison break scene on the television.”

2 Likes

I just ordered new smoke detectors to replace in our house since they are now over 10 years old. I will post back when I install them and let you know if the Wyze camera detected them.

1 Like

A few days ago I tested my smoke and co detector in the same room as my Wyze camera and didn’t hear any warning sounds. I just did a search and came to this thread and downloaded the smoke alarm file and played it back on my PC with the camera sitting right beside it. I did not receive any kind of warning but when I checked EVENTS in the app (2 different devices) it was labeled smoke alarm sound. However during playback there was no sound playing. I checked and double checked all my sound and notification settings and they were all correctly in place.
I recall one time last winter when I was lighting a fire in my fireplace that the smoke alarm went off and the Wyze app was screeching a warning sound.

Smart Sound Recognition for smoke and co detection doesn’t generate a special sound in the app, it will generate a 12-second Event Video and send a push notification to your phone

That was 9 months ago but I thought there was a sound coming from the app or the camera itself. Apparently I remembered it incorrectly. However, I did not receive any audible notification and the 12 second event video would not play back the sound.