Shouldn't I get alerted on my phone when the doorbell rings?

Odd. So after a few weeks, i am now not able to receive ip calls when the door bell is pressed on my Samsung Galaxy 22 Ultra.
I checked and Spam block is turned off , which was what was blocking the call before. Just so happens that now when i am working from home and decided to test, i am not getting any notifications of a door bell press.

All phone notifications have been enabled, wuze app notifications are all turned on and i grabted the wyze app full acces to my phone. In app notifications are also on. Ive performed a full reset, removed the decice and readded and still no change. The decixe and app are all up to date. I have also tried to add this to my samsung galaxy Note 9, samsung tablet(s). Anyone know if this is specific to Android?

I’m on android and I’m actually getting push notifications now when the doorbell is pressed.

It has something to do with my S22 Ultra. I have a replacement doorbell and I now do get a notification on my android tablet when the bell is pressed, still not on my S22 Ultra. Probably will need to reset my phone to test but too many apps and data on the phone to try now.

Do you have samsung picked on your phone and do you have VOIP turned on and add the telephone number in your contacts for the dorbell,the number will be on your tablet since you said it worked

Where would one go to select which phone gets dialed? I dont think thats an option, is it?

The voip call worked a month ago. The issue at first was that i had Spam block on and wyze was being flagged as spam. I had to completely turn off that feature and add the number to my contacts for this feature to work.This was a work around as i was not getting any notifications on my android when the door bell was pressed. I happened to test again last week and now no longer get calls when the door bell is pressed. However, it works when I sign into the app from my work iPhone. With in app messaging notifying me when the button is pressed, and, when i turn voip call on, i get the call on my iphone.

I said to add the doorbell number into your contact list and marked as not spam,i use spam blocker on my android and i have 2 doorbell pros here and they both ring here and 2 at my other house and those work as well im useing an samsung galaxy note 10 +.have you cleared the cache from your phone in the app? Also have you signed out of app and power cycle your phone and signed back in,

1 Like

I think it might just be the S22 ultra. I have cleared the app cache, signed in and out of my account and rebooted my phone. I may just move my sim card back to my old phone to test.

Thats what i would do, go try it,also is the phone system been updated,i did mine on the 2nd

Iwas able to get the voice ip calling to work switching sim cards to my Galaxy note10 but still no notification from the app when button is pressed. Wyze on iphone will have a banner pop up saying , “Hello, someone is calling you” when the button is pressed. I have never seen that on my android.

I get my caller id that rings and pops up with the name i gave to each doorbell at my home and other house

Are you running One Ui 5.0 or lower? I read a forum that that might be the cause. The call does actually go through but delayed by about 15 minutes and now only on the Note10 which is running One UI 4.0, not the S22 ultra which runs one ui 5.0. The Note10 does not even hold the sim card, my ultra s22 does. I think thar is probably the issue.

I think this is a bug with newer android phones and maybe a new security patch. My Pixel 6 stopped receiving Voip calls around January 13th. I have done all steps to make it work again with no success. I just got the galaxy s23 yesterday and voip is still not working. Its ot just Samsung, newer Google phones have issues as well. My wifes iphone has no peoblem with voip and my older motorola 5g android has no problems

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation. Something else happened recently, My Galaxy Note 10 plus used to have no issues, but now when the doorbel is pressed with voip calling on, the call notification comes in about 5 minutes later. It might be a software bug on Wyze side as well. My Note 10 has not received any updates since Nov. 2022.
Update:
The Note10 had an older wyze version. Once i updated , i was able to receive the phone call notification. I hope an android fix xomes out soon. This newer android version is also affecting another app i use, fire recast app. That app works just fine on my older phone and iphone, just not on Androis 13, with One UI 5.0.

1 Like

Hello, I have same problem and have s22 ultra. It was about same time, mid January, I noticed I wasn’t getting anymore doorbell notifcations or calls that someone pressed my doorbell. I tested it on my old phone s9+ and it worked and none of the troubleshooting steps on my s22 ultra worked, even reinstall of the app and delete/re-setup of the doorbell.

1 Like

Same as others, all possible end user troubleshooting performed, still no notifications. Late model Samsung phones (wife and mines), any luck from anyone?

1 Like

Notifications work for motion, just no VOIP calls and no notifications that someone rang the doorbell. As i mentioned before, i think its an issue with Android 13 and any security update update from phones past Jan 12th or so. As my pixel 6 worked fine up to janualry 12th then after it wont work for voip calls and my new samsung s23 wont work for voip calls. Wyze will have to make a software fix first to resolve the issue. I have an older Motorola 5g uwb that is on android 12 and it works just fine. So thats why it makes me believe an android 13 and any security update past january 12th.

1 Like

Glad to know I’m not in this alone. Wyze!! Please fix this soon.

1 Like

I have created a rule to set notifications ON when button is pressed and now I get a notification if anyone rings the doorbell, just takes about 5 minutes for the notification to arrive :angry: , so better have patient visitors

VOIP calling now working on my Samsung s23 as of March 8th on the Beta version just released
Make sure you sign up for the beta version on play store for wyze app.

Here is what i did to gwt it to work.

I installed beta version, rebooted my Samsung s23, waited a few minutes. Pushed doorbell, nothing happened, opened wyze beta app, pushed again, was presented with a pop up window that sayed “calling accounts” . It had wyze listed, I toggled it on. Closed it, then pushed doorbell again, and it started working and i began to receive calls. Make sure you have wyze beta version installed though

I had the same exact problem with my phone not ringing. Pixel 7 Pro. Installing the beta version that hometowntv mentions fixed the issue for me as well. Thanks!