Rules erratic

Ok, I’m done with the logging. It’s been mildly tedious but helpful to Wyze and the community, I suppose.

Currently I run an Android 6 device that is still powerful enough but which has been OS-excluded from present and future Wyze app versions.

I also run Android 7 emulator Bluestacks on a PC which will be able to use the latest Wyze app into the future.

Regarding firmware, all my v2 cams are (as of today) two versions removed from the latest release. I routinely monitor the success of firmware releases (add features/fixes without introducing new issues to troubleshoot) before accepting the upgrade.

I prize stability quite highly.

I don’t like to physically futz with the cams which are perfectly mounted and aimed with precise motion detection zones established. Remounting multiple cams (for me) is more than tedious, it’s painful.

Operational perfection is nice but I am tolerant of, I donno, 90% plus? I don’t use the cams/plugs/bulbs for anything crucial.

Does any of the foregoing bear upon the ERRATIC Rules performance I am demonstrating?

I don’t know enough (anything, really) about how Rules operate on the backend to say. I mean do they reside primarily in the App software, the Firmware, the backend Server, AWS? Are they not primarily anywhere, but more evenly distributed among components? Heck if I know.

Maybe it makes a difference that I’m running two versions back in both the app and firmware. Maybe it doesn’t.

Maybe the backend is where all the action is. :cloud:

Maybe someone who knows can give me a clue. Please? :slight_smile: