Remote Live Stream nearly impossible today

Would it work better if you use SD or 360p to connect? If it is bandwidth issue dropping the connection rate may help. If it keeps failing, please close + reopen your app, reproduce the issue and send us a log via Account → Help & Feedback → Report an Issue. Please mention Tao in the note and give me your ticket # here. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for your response. I’m more than happy to help out.

But I’m busy this morning, so I’ll run the tests you requested this afternoon.

Hope that’s ok with you.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello, Had the similar issue since this thread started. I guess should mention the Error I got today is the same on Feb 26, Error 0

no worries. Take your time

1 Like

For anyone who still experiences connection issue, please give it a try with 360p or SD resolution which may help. If it doesn’t work, please let us know if you fail at 1/3 step, 3/3 step, or 0.0KB/s after connection. Thanks!

1 Like

On tkt 182764 I’m sorry to say I’m still experiencing problems. I can now load a photo…It takes a couple of efforts but will suddenly either load or give a black screen and reload but when a photo appears it goes as video about 3 seconds and then freezes, on all 3 cams.

1 Like

Same thing is happening to both my cameras as well-akes longer than normal to view the live stream and my connection seems to bounce back down to 0/0KB/s, then the app reinitiates…comes back online, then back to 0/0KB/s, repeat. Both are V2 and the mac addresses are MAC:2CAA8E09A362 and MAC:2CAA8E0C6EDE Holts Summit Missouri Callabyte Fiber.

1 Like

MAC address of the camera or of the phone?

1 Like

I still having the same problem. Switched to 360p it’s better. From Montreal, Canada both wifi and LTE Fido.
My Mac: 2CAA8E0B54E1
Thanks

Seems to be connecting and going to 360 shouldn’t be an option to resolve the issue imo.

Actually it’s hit and miss for me. Now it’s not working even on 360p. VPN still works.

It was the mac addresses of both V2 Cams sorry but I was limited to 3 posts since I am a new so I answered you on this topic. Thanks

I moved your post back. I was actually asking @WyzeTao which MAC address they are collecting.

If you look at the top right of each post, you will see an indicator of who is being replied to. If no indicator, then the reply is to the topic in general. If you click the gray reply button, you are replying to a specific post. If you click the solid REPLY box at the bottom, then you are replying to nobody in particular.

MAC of the camera. Thanks, Loki!

1 Like

Well I am noob thanks for the help Loki.

Mine is more stable on LTE now. I have tested through out the day and connect relatively quickly on all cams. Yesterday was still hit or miss. Today has been almost always ok. I hope that stays.best regards.

1 Like

My cameras are still hit or miss still keep going to 0KB then back it is very unstable still MAC:2CAA8E09A362 and MAC:2CAA8E0C6EDE.

The inability to connect remotely is not new. I experienced that when I first got the cameras. Opened Ticket 108242 around September of last year and had many discussions, but could not pin it down or find any systematic recurrence. But all these posts now are confusing as to what they are talking about (mostly “I’m having the same problem”). Does the problem of “remote” connectivity happen when trying to connect via cellular service or via a WiFi (not your home’s WiFi)? Are you using beta firmware or app? If not, what versions. Have you notice if this happens at a particular time of day? When there is a connection problem, do all your cameras behave the same way or do some connect and some don’t? When the connection fails, what is the error and during which connection step does the error occur (3 steps to connect)? As I said, I couldn’t find a pattern, but with more people having a similar problem reporting details maybe a pattern will emerge.

I cannot speak for everyone, but I can say that much of what you’re speaking of was addressed in the thread. When people say “remote” they are implying off their home network, so either using mobile phone data or some wifi access not within their homes. It has been an all day sort of thing, time zones from all over as well, Canada, Europe, New Zealand and the US. No one stated they had any beta firmware and most confirmed that they were on non beta software. Most had begun on the second to most recent firmware but then updated to the very latest just a couple days back and that did not change anything, though WYZE confirmed that firmware release would have had no impact on the issue.

1 Like

While I was out earlier, I was able to run some tests.

All cameras performed perfectly on LTE and remote WiFi for all these tests.

Cameras are named:
Front Yard
Backyard
Garage

The following are the test results:

9:37 am CST
LTE
Front Yard, 3 sec to start stream, 90s to 120KB/s data rate
Backyard, 3 sec to start stream, mid to upper 20KB/s data rate
Garage, 3 sec to start stream, 70 to 120KB/s data rate

Sam’s Club wifi
Backyard, 3 sec to start stream, mid to upper 20s to occasionally 120KB/s
Garage, 3 sec to start stream, 70 to 120KB/s data rate

10:08 am CST
LTE
Speed: 76 down, 53 up using Android Speedtest app
Front Yard, 3 sec to start stream, 80s to 120KB/s data rate
Backyard, 3 sec to start stream, mid to upper 20KB/s data rate
Garage, 3 sec to start stream, 70 to 100KB/s data rate

Walmart WiFi
Speed: 32 down, 78 up using Android Speedtest app
Backyard, 3 sec to start stream, mid to upper 90s to 120KB/s data rate
Garage, 3 sec to start stream, 70 to 110KB/s data rate

10:49 am CST
LTE
Speed: 68 down, 28 up using Android Speedtest app
Front Yard, 3 sec to start stream, 70s to 100sKB/s data rate
Backyard, 3 sec to start stream, 20s to 50sKB/s data rate
Garage, 3 sec to start stream, 70 to 100KB/s data rate

I’ll run the tests you’ve requested later this evening when LTE service is restored to my area.

1 Like