Problems with V2 firmware 4.9.5.36

Yes they can , absolutely , when there is a major app and firmware upgrade , yes, so you need to check everything out in that situation

1 Like

Following up on this, my issue appears to be related to the fact that I use a whole-home adblocker like pihole (in my case openwrt-adblock). So either Wyze recently added new server URLs or signed up some new data-harvesting partners that are considered spam/ads/spyware by whatever watchlists I’m using, or else one or more of their existing servers has been marked as such in the past few days. Unfortunately I haven’t figured out how to get my super-lightweight adblock implementation to tell me which addresses are getting blocked yet, but that’s on my to-do list for next week.

Or, maybe some helpful Wyze employee will figure it out and let us know :slight_smile: I’d love to be able to just whitelist the required addresses.

Same issues with the one camera I updated to the new version. I can not connect to play back from the memory card. I get an error 27. I have two other cameras which are on the previous version of the firmware that do not have the same problem. Where is Wyze on this issue?

I wonder if this is the same issue I’m having. Both my cams with SD cards are on the newest firmware and when I try to playback anything from the SD cards the cameras crash and lose connectivity. Also when I open up the View Playback, it doesn’t show any recorded events.

However, after the cameras are done crashing and throwing their temper tantrum, which usually happens after I restart them a couple of times, which I can do through the app even though the live video feed says the cameras are disconnected, then the events recorded to the SD card show up.

I have to remind myself that they are $20 cameras… If they were $300 like the Arlos this would be unacceptable but for $20 I can deal with a few quirks. It would be nice if this were fixed in a firmware update though.

Happened to me earlier today. I was checking recorded SD card recordings, I kept getting “No More” messages. I restarted the camera from within the app, and then it started showing all the clips.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I did an online chat with support and had done a reset of the camera from the app and by the time support was on line it looked the like the issue was fixed. I was able to review recordings on the SD card from the playback menu.

I will now update the other two cameras on at a time and test them out.

Restarting the camera once or twice temporarily fixes the problem. But at least on mine, the problem will happen again.

Got one camera that loses connection now and I have to restart it via the app. Never had this problem before the update. but what’s weird is although the camera shows 0% network connection, it still shows the live feed, but just won’t record any events. that’s how I know the connection is down when I see that camera hasn’t recorded any motion events for a while even though my father has been moving around right in front of it.

This firmware had been oh so disappointing. all I can say is I’m glad I bought the cameras on the previous firmware so I know how glitch-free they are capable of working. (well, nearly glitch free, as I do have some issues from the start). Otherwise, I might have returned them if I had to deal with this these problems from the start.

For those of us experiencing problems, I wish Wyze would give the option of reverting back to the previous firmware until they can get these problems sorted.

The IoT status and the streaming connectivity are separate. That’s why you can have trouble connecting but still be able to restart the camera. :slight_smile:

@Nickster, you can snag firmware files for flashing with a microSD card here: https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024852172-Release-Notes

For anyone running into trouble, we apologize. If you’re having difficulty connecting, please contact our customer support team:

Support Request Form

1 Like

Any solution to this yet? I now have four cameras and all do the same thing. When I try to View Playback and see the recordings that are on the SD card the cameras all crash, lose connection, and I either have to wait for the cameras to restart on their own or restart them directly through the app. Then I have to do the whole process again, and finally after restarting a couple of times I can view the recordings from the SD card.

@UserCustomerGwen thanks for that info.

Although my WiFi signal strength indicates 0%, it doesn’t seem to interfere with with viewing live footage or playback. I do still have a problem with the playback footage crashing when viewing.

Also, I discovered that my viewing problems I previously reported are isolated to viewing footage on my Samsung Tab A 10.1 (Marshmallow) and Samsung 8 tablet (Pie). When I view the feed and playback on my phone (Pie), I have no problems. I had only been viewing footage on my tablets because of the larger screen so I didn’t realize what was going on until I used my phone one day because my tablet was in another room. I couldn’t believe how much better everything was.

So the problems that I reported: jerky footage, slow motion playback, a video time lag, audio and video being out of sync, haphazard playback of SD footage are only present with my tablets specifically. I pulled up the feed on both tablet and phone and watched them side by side. The difference was night and day. Even two-way talking is much better on my phone. So now when I want to view any more than just a snippet of footage I have to watch it on my phone. This is disappointing because I of course prefer to view the footage on the larger screens.

Not sure why Wyze doesn’t play well on my Samsung tablets.

same here, connection errors a go go with a strong wifi connection , not good!!

Yep, my wifi connection is strong, I’m trying to view the recordings while connected to my home wifi, the same network my cameras are connected to.

It’s extremely annoying.

Here is MY issue…and I’m tired of you guys telling me its my “slow internet” cause for the first 3 months after installing them, they were working PERFECTLY FINE. They worked AT my house and they worked AWAY from my house…i was able to view them LIVE on all three resolutions with NO PROBLEMS. After I did the firmware update I can no longer view them live away from my house…ONLY when I am home. I will still get notified when there is motion, but can not view them “live” when I leave my house. This happened AFTER the update. And rolling back the update does not work because there is no “root folder” on the memory card…

“Root folder” refers to the topmost level of the folders that are on the card (not to a folder named ‘root’).
That is, not inside any other folder(s) the card may contain but alongside the four or five other folders you’ll see are already there.
i.e.
Extract the approx 11MB .bin file from the .zip you downloaded.
Rename the .bin as ‘demo.bin’ (this is the name the camera will always look for as it starts up)
Copy the demo.bin file onto the card using whatever process is appropriate for your desktop OS.
Put the card back into the cam.
Be sure to hold the reset button when plugging in the camera’s power, and wait about 5 seconds for the light to turn blue, release the button and then wait about 3-5 minutes for it to do its magic.
When you next connect to the cam, you’ll get the alert that there is new firmware available. Do not accept it, else it’ll re-upgrade the camera and undo what you just did.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, I don’t have an answer for this at this point. I would recommend folks contacting the customer support team if they haven’t done so yet. Other than that, I sent this thread over to the team.

Wyze Customer Support