Official word from Wyze on v1 not working any more?

@beemgee you are correct. Your earlier posts seemed a bit strong but this is a poor showing by Wyze. Clearly they have instead diverted their resources into making all customers’ lives miserable by forcing them into two factor authentication.

As a side note but related anyone who has visited the wyze reddit forum lately will notice that there has been a change in user attitude toward wyze. Reddit is mostly a place of complaints that’s its nature, but people have always defended wyze and down voted complaints. Now you are seeing sarcasm in many of the responses “not if it can’t be monetized” is a very popular answer. And “never” to when will something be fixed.

And wyze has done this to itself. Wyze could have capitalized on their fan base and have instead has done everything to turn them off rather than balance profits/customers. So instead of developing the wyze automatic toilet flush (with monthly maintenance) fix your damn software.

2 Likes

So my v1 cams been having issues for a long time now, no surprise here. But the problem im having is even after the new firmware I can’t get the motion, I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the cameras. I also tried making a new account and doing the cam plus lite all over again, it shows the box to add device to the cam plus lite but after i check the box and go back it does nothing and the boxes remain unchecked when i go back to it. smh. anyone know a sure fire way to get the cam plus lite enabled??

I have read literally hundreds of posts about how cam plus lite can’t be assigned to a camera and even when assigned does not work. The wyze response to all of these is very consistent - NONE - which is basically wyze’s response to anything that doesn’t make them look good. This problem has been going on longer than the v1 authorization error. Wyze has no motivation to fix anything on cam plus lite since it does not generate (in their opinion) enough monthly revenue, but they need it so they can say we have a free motion detection service. The fix to reauthorize the v1 camera has no real cost to wyze and all that was required was the re-release of an old firmware, so that was done (of coure it took 4 months because it’s wyze). But to allow the v1 to use cam plus lite does have a cost, so wyze may not make that happen but they surely won’t do anything to fix it.

So, I have given up on my v1s. I still use them in places that I only want a live stream (no motion detection) and have replaced them with another brand. But I will continue to post anywhere appropriate, keeping this thread alive so anyone coming here sees it and anyone considering wyze knows what to expect - cheap products - zero support from wyze - and a screw you customer attitude.

There is none. Once you have the problem with cpl you are in wyze hell with no solution unless you can make the camera cam plus (paid) and then move it back to cam plus lite (no guarantee this will even work)

Tell me I’m wrong @WyzeJasonJ

I do not have any updates currently, but have people been able to fix it by going to Cam Plus and then back? If so that may help them find the issue.

2 Likes

The problem is that you can’t cancel a camera from cam plus lite, never have been able to, terrible design. So whatever you do - delete the camera move it to another account then back it always restores the settings it saved and doesn’t treat it as a new camera and reassign it to cam plus lite so any thing that is out of sync will stay that way forever. Logically if you move a not working camera to another account it should work, but of course this is wyze, and i have been unable to assign the camera to cam plus lite in the new account (it keeps unchecking in the add dialog). Even if it did work on a new account, that creates all kind of other problems including moving every device to the new account.

2 Likes

@beemgee Thankyou for the headsup, I figured wyze was doing some gate keeping, oddly enough I have a different camera from china that still at least gives screenshots and all I get is a ad when opening up the app. Problem solved. On another note, Is there a alternate firmware that the v1 cams can run, i saw the openipc and xaiofang but i dont think those work on v1’s?. And my other idea is utilize a 3rd party app for motion detection, do you know of a programs that can manage that?

openipc has a version that does run on the v1. I ran it for a while when the v1 first died. It does offer rtsp but no motion detection. So it doesn’t offer much more than the limited v1s.

1 Like

I’m not asking if there is any progress on this because I know the answer

PROGRESS: NONE

I’m not asking for an estimated date for resolution because I know the answer

ESTIMATED FIX: NEVER

I just want to keep this thread active so anyone who wants to know about wyze reliability and customer support can see what the reality of owning wyze products is. If it works out of the box your good but if you have a problem throw it out and buy from someone else.

Remember wyze does not actually manufacture anything, they simply use someone else’s products and create different software/firmware for it. And that makes it even more disgraceful they they can’t fix software problems they created.

The attitude about wyze on forums and blogs has definitely gone down hill lately, and it’s obvious why - and it is also well deserved.

1 Like

I agree 100%
We have 2 of one type camera and one of another and their ALL USELESS. We had full intention of buying more but not with the lack od support that Wyze has shown.
:frowning:

1 Like

Wyze, just fix this issue with the V1’s and we can all move on.

1 Like

I’ll reply since neither wyze nor any of the reps here will. Why should we? In all likely hood you are not paying us a monthly fee for a service we promised would be free. You are family when it suits us.

It appears you are correct.
Thanx for the reply.

It doesn’t look like that is going to happen. :disappointed_relieved:

I don’t own any original V1s, but didn’t they FIX the original offline issue? Now that they have brought the V1s are back online with their fix, I hear they don’t notify properly? Has anyone answered the question if going to Cam Plus and then back helped? I don’t have a V1, so no way to help them fix whatever is still wrong. HELP THEM FIX YOUR ISSUES. :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 - I don’t have a cam plus subscription to try it with and won’t get one since it requires I give wyze a credit card number. for a reoccurring billing.

2 - Wyze doesn’t want to fix this since there is no money to be made.

3 - I offered to send one of my non-working v1s (also fails on new accounts) in exchanges for a working v1. - no response to that.

1 Like

So exactly as Beemgee is saying, Wyze will not fix the issues with V1’s as no money to be made even though they could use ad’s for revenue. If you contact them about it either they just don’t know or they will play stupid. All in all Wyze lied and quietly ended all server ended functions of the V1 cameras and will not implement it back. The best bet is to use alternate firmware for the cameras and a 3rd party software for detection, recording and notifications,

:disappointed_relieved:

No one seems to be helping them with V1 logs either. :neutral_face:

Maybe there is no problem any more?

1 Like