No icon floodlight with cam v3. no floodlight settings. Cam V3 is working

I’ve had this issue for a couple months. Is there a reset switch for the floodlight portion itself? Of course Wyze is useless as it’s out of warranty.

1 Like

I think someone’s from this thread recommended to unplug the usb wire which is on the back of the floodlight. I did this and it worked fine only for a day before returning back to no icon :confused: you can still try this I hope it works for you I think mine is a lost cause

1 Like

I reached out to Wyze and as expected they won’t replace it out of warranty. Which is fine and I expected as much but the support literally end there; no let’s see if there is a software issue or maybe a short that happened so we can get on top of the issue before it happens to others

Is there a way to complete factory reset it? The holding of the setup button is for the camera and not the floodlight itself. Not to mention that even a reset on the camera doesn’t really factory reset it since the firmware stays

1 Like

Same issue here. Tried everything. Issue come back. Can’t believe this company is so tone deaf to their customers.

2 Likes

I noticed that my malfunctioning floodlight cam has a firmware version that is way different from my other floodlight cams. Wyze screwed something up in these updates and now we have broken cameras.

2 Likes

Got the same issue that developed recently but I’ll take it a step further. Mt floodlight turns on and back off randomly throughout the night. Yah my neighbors love me. I have a support case open with Wyze but I suspect it’ll go no where. They basically told me to wait for a firmware update or an app update. I’m just outside of the 1 year period Wyze won’t even do a good faith. I’m really annoyed. Can’t even leave the switch on because it keeps flashing at random times

1 Like

Yes mine also turns on and off all night. Same exact behavior.

1 Like

It’s clear that Wyze won’t fix this.

I’m going to be so bold and ask if anyone has replaced theirs with another brand?
What would you recommend instead of the Wyze floodlight?

I’ve heard good things about the ones from Amcrest and Foscam.

1 Like

I have same exact issue have tried everything not working.

1 Like

Is Wyze trying to force people to upgrade to the pro? Sadly I’m not ready to jump to a competitor I have too many Wyze cameras. Ring would be the only alternative I’d consider but their cameras are basically triple the cost of Wyze. Wyze needs to fix this. Has anyone tried rolling back firmware? Is it possible on the flood light camera?

And now go figure Wyze releases the v2 model of the floodlight. [Mod Edit]… Disappointed seriously on this. Firmware update came out today. Floodlight showed up as “installed” under accessories and then went out came back in and it was gone again :frowning:

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

Same problem here. Support tried to tell me it will be fixed in the next update.

Same here, the led lights are also at 100% it’s very annoying

1 Like

This worked great as a matter of fact. I’ve had this camera for 2 years and it’s never worked since I installed it but since I tried his advice. I pushed it in there really good. I mean I pushed it hard. It almost as if it made a click sound. When it was in sounds to me. Like some of these other guys, it’s still not all the way in and clicking, and so it just comes loose over time. Thanks a lot, vanilla Mac.

1 Like

There’s actually a line I think on one side of the plug/cord that you should see as a bench mark on how far it needs to go in. I’ve unplugged and plugged Mike back in multiple times and nothing. Furthermore why does it just stop working??

1 Like

I’ve plugged this in n out several times. It works the first couple hours. And the morning after the icon is gone again

1 Like

I just tried unplugging the cable and reinstalling still not working I restarted the camera shows it’s connected. If I click on it does nothing this has to be a software problem my light worked perfectly for a year and half.

1 Like

You can’t go into that installed option right? I try to go into mine and it acts as though it’s not installed

1 Like

2 Likes

yep, same issue. Mine worked great for almost two years until this.

2 Likes