New Person Detection Feedback

For person detection. I’m seeing the option to turn on person detection with Wyze AI

I have turned off CMC, and I’ve turned on the person detection through WYZE AI. No events labeled “person” in the past few days since this change.

Adding my experience. I have a handful of cameras and while person detection was on as the old person detection setting took effect with the new service NO person events. I eventually had a single random one I think was a partial moving car.

I finally found this thread and turned off motion tagging, set notifications to only person and have now received quite a lot of notifications of the person recording.

2 cams have CMC enabled I don’t want to disable for obvious reasons. I did however the same treatment as above, but no person detection.
Is there an ETA for both services to work together?

1 Like

All, a new model is deployed! Thanks for all your feedback. Please let me know if the false alarms get better or not.

Btw, if you found the switch is turned on but person detection doesn’t work, please try to turn the switch off and turn on again.

7 Likes

I have noticed a significant improvement to the false positives! School Buses are officially no longer people! Great work!

2 Likes

So far there has been a noticeable improvement in the new model. With the iOS beta released yesterday I regained the ability to submit videos as well!

Agree about the improvement. Only on e false out of at least a dozen this morning.
Thanks for the return of the submit button. Great work!

1 Like

I have been impressed with the Person Detection in the latest Android app and associated .105 firmware. Monumental improvements from a month ago when none of my six (6) Cam Pans would not even detect motion (let alone persons).

1 Like

Where do we submit a video clip where a person walked right in front of the camera but nothing was detected? I manually recorded it to submit it if possible. Thanks

So was the issue that nothing was detected, or that it detected motion, but didn’t tag it as a person?

Nothing was detected

There were no events that happened before that either (cool down period)

OK, in that case, submitting probably isn’t necessary. Person detection only occurs once a motion detect event occurs, So the real issue here is to figure out why it didn’t pickup on the motion. What are your motion detect settings for that camera? Can you post a screenshot?

And which camera are you using?

I’m using Wyze Cam Pan

I just went to look at my app and noticed that on my Wyze Pan, event recording was now turned off for motion and sound event. It was on a few days ago, maybe before the last upgrade. Can you check yours and make sure it’s enabled?

It’s enabled because I have received other events except for the video I uploaded.

The feedback submission tool in the app should be available if you’re on the most recent firmware/app versions! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m still definitely not getting any person detection events, and CMC is turned off. Is it a requirement to also turn off motion tagging? I believe I read that somewhere in this thread or another, so I’ve turned that off too, and still nothing.