Need a web browser interface

Since NDI has become the International standard for IP connections at the close of the NAB show. Please consider complying to the interface standard.

You can easily run the Wyze app on a PC desktop with Andyroid. This program creates an Android virtual machine on which you can run the Wyze app. It may not be the most efficient solution, but it works great on my PC.

I’ve been messing around with the idea of running an Android emulator and trying to install an apk of WYZE. The only solution that comes close (for me) is using Chrome to run Arc Welder, then trying to load WYZE’s apk file. I tried 4 of the app versions and can log into the app, but cannot get the live feeds to load. I can get the playback to load and play, just nothing live. I’m not smart enough to figure out why the live feeds won’t come through, so if someone else want to pursue this method, have at it. I may try to install the emulator mentioned in the previous post and see how that works.

My two cents.

I am all about a web interface or even a desktop app for Wyze.

I don’t think it is going to happen anytime soon. Why? Wyze Labs are mobile app developers. They don’t do anything else other than writing app specific firmware for the hardware they buy from a mass production facility in China (at least two other companies buy the same camera). To build a web interface or desktop app would require an entirely new division within Wyze Labs to handle this venture. IMHO unlikely.

Personally, I don’t like any of the workarounds either. I don’t like android emulators because they are typically from sources without known reputations and I don’t like the TinyCam solution because it really needs a second onsite cell phone, which I don’t have. I have heard that others have been able to get remote access to their TinyCam served cameras, but I couldn’t get it to work (only when I was on the same network). Unless I am completely misunderstanding the approach to TinyCam, I don’t think it’s a real fix.

Memu emulator is working for me and looks great. It took some time to get it set-up, but it’s good to go now.

+1 for web interface

I also need this feature, as well as fullscreen support in browser

plus 1 for a web browser interface please

Safari

What did you use for your camera login and pw for myipcam?

Yes, please!

Where does one locate “Camera settings”?

Also, please note that your company has the WORST on-hold music I have EVER experienced…the most annoying imaginable! I just hung up after holding for 31.12 minutes listening to your horror. Ugh!!!

Another vote here for a web interface.

1 Like

I think that this is only successful when using a device with a later version of Android. As examples:

My Hisense Sero 7 Pro tablet running Android 4.2.1 would not work and TinyCamPro did not even give me an option for the WyzeCam in the manufacturer’s database.

My Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD cell phone running Android 4.4.2 does have WyzeCam in the mfr. database and can see the cameras but it crashes whenever one tries to view them. Obviously it can’t serve the video either.

My Google Pixel cell phone running Android 8.1 worked flawlessly to serve the WyzeCams through TinyCam Pro.

Ye Browser AP REQUIRED please

Meanwhile

I tried BLUESTACKS and it crashed ( a huge 3gb download – taking forever to load – forget it)

Then Andyroid just hung on install - -I had to kill it.

The finally http://www.memuplay.com/ Works the best. I got it to work by installing the below .APK

FORGET:

LEARN HOW TO RUN ANDROID APPS (and hence the WYZECAM AP) ON YOUR PC via CHROME:-

1. Install the latest Google Chrome browser.
  2. Download and run the ARC Welder app from the Chrome Store here:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/arc-welder/emfinbmielocnlhgmfkkmkngdoccbadn/related
  3. Download the WyzeCam AP (.APK) here https://apkpure.com/wyze/com.hualai
  4. Find and run ARC WELDER here chrome://apps/
  5. In ARC WELDER – Add third party APK file by finding it where you stored the WyzeCam APK.
  6. Select the mode -> “Tablet” or “Phone” -> in which you want to run your app.
  7. Finally, click the TEST button (“Launch App” button).

I was able to run the AP in FULL SCREEN ! but in PLAYBACK from my SD card, one second of video took 5 seconds to run.
and it took 100% of all 4 cores of my Intel i7
Best if you only use TABLET mode and then only 80% CPU is used.

I was logged into the AP on my phone at the same time – no problem.

Looks like all of the above processes exist as chrome.exe’s
Note that at this point you are running Chrome in DEVELOPER MODE
and you’ll get a warning to revert back at some point.

Looks like every time you run the WizeCam AP it creates a Wyze icon on chrome://apps/ (if you don’t REMOVE it when ARC WELDER asks).

I don’t know if this is the latest version of the .APK – I found the download site simply by googling.

TinyCam Pro for the win!!!

When setting up the cameras, initially picking WyzeCam as the vendor won’t actually work, just add it, then change the password field to something random.
It will be setup as P2P, but once you put in an invalid password it will try to authenticate and then you will see that it changed the Vendor to TUTK, from there change the vendor again to WyzeCam and then the Cam model will autocorrect.

If you have multiple cams make sure to select a different channel for each one.

Now that I have these working through TinyCam Pro, I can see the protocols and now I will try to setup anycam from anycam.tech and this will eliminate the need to have tinycam pro and a dedicated android device running it.

I was also able to get my dvr to stream through Tinycam Pro so, like I mentioned I push that info to anycam and then setup port forwarding on my router and setup a dns name and I’ll be able to view from anywhere in the world!!!

Just to see if it worked, I also added in my Nest Cam, and it’s working too!!!

Rooster Out

Took me about 5 mins to setup NOX Emulator running TinyCam Pro. Able to see all 3 of my cameras from my office (different ip/ outside my home ip). Thanks for info. Used this video for TinyCam Setup.

This looks like a good solution for my Windows computers, might want to try it.

I recently started using Chromebook mainly in dev mode for programming. It now supports Android apps and the wyzecam app is running and working great, seems pretty stable.

+1 on web browser support

Adding my voice for web browser support. Yes, one can get it done with Android emulator and TinyCam, but having a native access would be preferred.

I would love an AppleTV app. Hope it wouldn’t require a lot of work since it’s iOS-based and can leverage the iPhone/iPad app.

1 Like