My cams are useless

I sure wish we had one in place,we have over 86 cams so far…and getting more at sites for the most part our guys said not bad,just misleading there products and fals advertising, etc

What false advertising?

1 Like

Let’s see, somewhere between 4 to 6 million cameras have been sold so far…

(I’ve got 20+ personally, and have had no issues with any of them… some are over 3 years old… 6 are v2’s that have been outside all that time naked - even though they’re not supposed to be - and they’re still working perfectly.)

… and there’s a couple dozen folks, or so, having issues, here… :thinking:

yeah, good luck with a class action lawsuit. :sweat_smile:

For the record, and nobody wants to hear it

the only time I did have connection issues, was when I had crappy Comcast rental equipment, and their standard issue Wi-Fi modem…

once I got rid of Comcast’s crappy equipment, (and saved over $50 a year in rental fees), and bought my own gateway and mesh Wi-Fi router, (I went with Eero mesh x3), I’ve had zero connectivity issues… none. Cameras record all events… notifications fire within 3 to 5 seconds, and alert videos - the 12 second cloud clips, are ready to be viewed

in under a minute…

I now have 93 smart home devices connected to my network…

Even during a blizzard 2 weeks ago, when the power went out no less than 10 times in 48 hours, all 93 devices reconnected within 10 minutes, after the power came back on…

Of those 93 devices, no fewer than 25, are Wyze products…

It’s the Wi-Fi. :+1:

Wow that’s a lot of whining. Just go download whatever version you want!

2 Likes

Its sure weird how some have no luck at all, we have never had a issues,only minor due 2 missing parts

1 Like

How wyze didn’t reply this before?

Thanks lars2, I’m going to look a it and try.

Some posts were removed or edited that did not follow the Community Guidelines. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Key points from the guidelines to keep in mind:

• Remember to criticize ideas, not people
  • Please avoid name-calling

Important sections:

Always Be Civil

Somtimes We Disagree

2 Likes

Not once did Wyze obtain my permission. Nor that of gabpsy. And I’m going to go out on a limb and say just about zero people gave their permission to de-activate or disable hardware that Wyze doesn’t own.

There is a world of difference between notice and consent. And you’re skimming right over it. You and someone at Wyze have their head in the sand regarding property rights. . .

Completely agree with you. Wyze has products that are straight up cheap in quality and the customer service is horrible. I’ve never been able to get my base station to work consistently and now neither my original base station or the warranty replacement they sent works. I tried buying a new base station but Wyze no longer sells the base station individually. They want you to buy a bundle in order to get the base station. Why would I buy another camera that I don’t need just to get a base station for the cameras I already have.

Wow interesting we have over 11 base station at 11 locations and all are pluged into our Cisco switch,and we have never had an issues with the bases,i have a neighbors that i have set them up on those cams,and v3,v3 pro and theres are on wiresless and work perfectly only had 1 issue ladt year when the internet went out for 30 minutes other than that we are good.