Multiple Users' Permissions for Shared Users

The problem with that method is that he won’t get his own Wyze camera, door break alerts for his house.

2 Likes

Yup, got it. Definitely can improve the app for better sharing control. Seen quite a few situations here far more complicated than our simple setup here.

1 Like

Again, Couldn’t vote because the option I would choose was not given.

“I want to share some features and NO settings”

@JeffS, There are two types of votes here. The poll at the top can’t be changed now, so I understand that you can’t vote for that because your choice is not listed. However, your comments in this regard will be taken into account.

The other vote is the the overall vote for the topic at the top left. You should vote for that if you haven’t yet:

3 Likes

@Loki is saying completely disregard the three choices. The discussion has went far beyond them. The votes will be considered but user comments will be too. And quite heavily as that is someone putting in the time to say exactly what they want. He’s asking that you vote that you want change. Then in your comments go into depth about the changes YOU want. If people disagree ignore them. These are the changes you want and are asking for. None of us will get everything on our wishlist. There will have to be compromises on the sides of all parties. I hope I explained this well without offending you. That’s not my intention. I’m saying vote and comment to get your voice heard.

3 Likes

Voted. Thanks.

I want WYZE to Fix the WYZE App So Shared Camera Users DO NOT have Access To Any Camera SETTINGS…Only View, Listen, And Speak for shared users. However the shared user wants to set the shared cameras with them in THEIR Installed WYZE App on their cell phone regarding Camera Notifications, should ONLY effect them on their device. Now if shared users turn off Notifications on a camera then the WYZE Primary Account and Owner of the camera also get Notifications turned off. No Shared Camera Resolution Control, No Shared Night Vision Control, No Shared Panning Control, and Especially No Shared Camera ON or OFF Control which is the WORST shared user control to give…These controls should ONLY be allowed to the WYZE Primary Account and Camera Owner.

Restricted Shared User Camera Features and NO Shared User Camera Settings Control.

1 Like

Yup. Exactly. I voted for an improvement in options. I have no great need at present since it is just my wife and me. But I can see potential need for more options depending on devices we may add or if we need to give our kids certain limited access when visiting or when we get older.

1 Like

I absolutely agree that the primary account owner should be notified of any changes made regardless of whether it’s to a Camera or any device that is part of their Wyze.account.

@CaptainMark posted this chart way back in post #18. It shows 12 options for each of three types of users.
I would like to see a toggle for each of these 12 options and any that are missing, notifications for example.

3 Likes

You are way ahead of me. Nice Work Angus!

1 Like

I would buy more of these cameras if they would simply respond to all these requests to fix the microphone/users issue. As it is I can only use them in situations where I’m not concerned if someone listens in. Right now they could cause a major personal or legal issue since someone could use them as a “bug” if access were granted and the owner didn’t understand the danger. Granting visual access is a whole universe away from granting audio access, yet it’s all or none right now despite requests to fix it.

1 Like

I have a Wyze account for my home and one for my business. The business cams need to be shared with multiple people so we created a master Wyze account and then shared the cameras. However, you can only see live view, nothing else. That really defeats the purpose of having cameras that can record footage. You should be able to share view-only access to footage as well, at the minimum. I’d like to get notifications as well, if motion is detected. There seems to be a setting accessible for Notifications, but it doesn’t do anything. I don’t get any notifications from the shared cameras at all.

1 Like

If you’re not getting any notifications from the shared cameras you either don’t have it turned on correctly or you have something wrong with the camera or the app because I have shared my camera and the users get notifications all the time and one of the users didn’t wanna get the notifications and turn them off. So I would do some more digging into it to figure out exactly what your issue is

Thanks I’ll check that out!

1 Like

Just to confirm that notifications are available, I shared our V2 cam with my wife, both of us are on iOS - she has her own acct and gets all the notifications that I’ve set in the app. She complained it was too much at work so just disables the notifications in the phone settings when she doesn’t want them.

1 Like

Perhaps a simpler approach would be for you to just tell your wife your Wyze ID and password. More than one person can log in to the same account from different devices and have complete control – even with two different devices logged into the same account at the same time. This would seem to fit your situation better than “sharing” the cameras.

1 Like

Yes but, this can be annoying. Why can’t we just have Wyze let the “owner” of the cameras share full access to someone else?

2 Likes

As it has been said already by lots of people, I would love to see levels of sharing permissions. I think that what they have now is not very useful. I am the “owner” of the cameras. When I share them with my family they can’t use the playback option. This is my issue. If someone was on our property that should not be, I am the only one who can see the entire event. We need levels of permissions. Maybe Level 1 could be basic live view, recording, and pictures for friends. Level 2 could be Level 1 with playback options. This could be for other relatives. And Level 3 Could have Everything except for Delete camera. This could be useful for your close family.

Wyze please work on this!!

2 Likes

Blockquote
Yes but, this can be annoying. Why can’t we just have Wyze let the “owner” of the cameras share full access to someone else

No “Yes but” to it. You can easily give full access to anyone you want. All you need to do is give them the login name and password for the account.

The only problem is if you want to give someone less than full access but something more than what normal sharing gives.

1 Like