Multiple saved detection zones

I would like to see multiple Detection Zones that are time based.

For example: detection zone 1 could be active for a period of time I choose and detection zone 2 could be active for the remainder of the time.

My use case is this: I have a camera set up to monitor a humming bird feeder, but it also happens to have a great view of my front yard and part of my driveway. I would like to have a very narrow detection zone during the day so it only picks up the hummingbirds (which I currently use), but a larger detection zone at night to see any people/animals that enter my yard.

3 Likes

Itā€™s been a couple years now but I think I made a similar wish list topic a couple years ago. So far nothing and when I met with a couple people to the company I didnā€™t think to bring this one up. Maybe one day I can get it bumped up there. I can think of quite a few things this would be handy for beyond what you just mentioned and what I would use it for. :). It would be wonderful

1 Like

I searched the wishlist but I may not have used the same terms you did in the search. Sorry if I double posted!

That was just an easy to type out reason, but I can think of a few uses for it!

1 Like

Iā€™ll see if I can find it and post it here so you can throw your boat on it. I could have swore I made a wish list topic for it now but considering the many changes weā€™ve gone through and the years since, thereā€™s a chance it got merged with something else or changed completely for one reason or another. Thatā€™s happened to a few things but itā€™s always been for the better and it was always with permission of the original poster.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Separate Motion Detection (recording trigger) and AI-Detection (notification) zones

Another use for time based detection zones: At night I would use a smaller detection zone staying farther away from the road to avoid detecting light and shadows from passing cars.

2 Likes

Exactly one of the uses I would use it for as well. And I was the person that made this post many moon ago :-).

Itā€™s something I would love to try to revive with some contacts I have at the company. But I know they are working on many good things. Stay optimistic

My experience with this company has been entirely different. Iā€™ve watched as they openly ignore consumerā€™s requests for basic software issues. They seem to only be concerned with growing their product line rather than supporting the one theyā€™ve already created. This is clear with the numerous security flaws theyā€™ve ignored and tech outlets that have withdrawn recommendations for ALL of their products because of it.

I would argue differently, only because I have been on these forums for many many years now and have seen the company actively resolved so many issues. Are there certain issues they havenā€™t, of course. But with millions of users and thousands of issues as youā€™ll have with any technology youā€™ll definitely have that.

Full disclosure, yes Iā€™m biased. But Iā€™m speaking factually, any number of the team Iā€™m part of have spoken many many times about the many many issues that have been resolved fairly quickly I might issues that weā€™re made aware to them via Facebook or these forums, certain team members on these forums have ways of escalating certain types of issues not every issue but certain types, and I thank those people. Even with our team there are certain things that are brought to our attention that we try to bring to other peopleā€™s attention so that they get the fix they need when appropriate.

I donā€™t know of a whole lot of other companies that have the microscopic view on the customer base that wyze has.

And granted I am a part of a certain recognized team within the company so I tend to argue for their interest, but I do that because their support of their devices has been what it has been over the years Iā€™ve been using the company.

I would hope that if you were to continue with Wyze you could see that side of it, and if not you tag in the mods or the Mavens and we would be more than willing to try and troubleshoot and help. No customer support involved.

There is a wealth of knowledge with these teams and granted we do high five each other in conversations we have, thatā€™s all we get. We are the true definition of nerds and weā€™re glad to help.

This was asked about in the recent AMA and thought some of you would like an update:

3 Likes

hey this was mine!!!

now if we can get them on SHARKS!!! too

1 Like