Loss of Communication/Network Connection Notification & Log

Thanks, not interested

How is this still not a feature? Practically every smart camera system in existence sends a push notification when it goes offline…

My outdoor front yard camera was offline for 3 days before I realized I hadn’t gotten any notifications in awhile and thought to check on it.

Come on Wyze! Get it together!

2 Likes

I already gave up on Wyze, not spending one more dime (User of Wyzecam prods since the beginning: V-1, V-2, V3-, sensors, scale, outdoor, ring…). It’s true they come with new and exciting products and very economical, but what is it good for if technically they don’t live up to the hype, they are not there when you need them. They are completely unreliable. So decided to pay more for products that do deliver. These products are just for occasional fun.

1 Like

Hey friends! This is something we’re now looking into with our development team. I’ve updated this thread with the researching tag and we’ll be sure to post further updates as we have them.

Thanks for your votes and feedback everyone!

11 Likes

It’s about time you look into this. Thanks.

Thank you for taking this on Kenny!

Very helpful, thank you!

It would be great if the Home Monitoring system could send an alert to my phone if the Ethernet or WiFi connection goes down. Then I would know my ISP is down or someone is disabling the hub.

1 Like

Currently there is no notification if communication is lost with the cameras in the app. This is an important security feature (it’s easy for someone to cut your power before robbing you!). I reallize notifications are mainly driven by the camera, not the app, but can the app be set up to “ping” the camera every so often, then notify if no response for XX minutes? This would essentially act as a notification of power or connectivity loss. Without this, I sometimes don’t know for days that my camera is down for some random reason.

2 Likes

Simple fix and a must-have feature. The lack of this notification feature puts Wyze cameras in the category of hobby devices, or even toys–not security cameras.

1 Like

I have smart plugs set up on a schedule at a remote job site. It would be very helpful to receive a notification alerting me if or when the plugs go offline on account of wifi at location being disconnected.

2 Likes

There should be a basic offline schedule for the plugs. Similar to the sprinkler system, a basic setting for on and off time that would kick in if it loses connection.

Not sure it’s possible, would require the plug to have its own clock but this would prevent me coming downstairs in the morning and some lights have been on all night. Doesn’t happen a lot but would be a nice feature to add.

I have a TP-Link Deco Mesh router system which is also an app on my phone. I am able to set notifications for each wyze device in the app to notify me when it has gone offline/online, etc. (Unfortunately my wyze sprinkler goes offline 10X day -really not sure what is up with that- so I turned the notification off since it isn’t crucial). What I am saying is that your router might provide some notifications about when a device goes offline until Wyze can add this feature.

1 Like

I want to get notified when if my wyze alarm system goes offline. This could be due to a power outage or WiFi issue. According to a support ticket this is not enabled.

“Currently, our devices would not be able to notify you if they went offline. I’ll let our product team know, but the best way to get ideas on our official Wishlist is through our forums where users can post and vote for feature requests. Our product team provides public updates as ideas and requests are reviewed. Take a look and post your idea or vote for similar ones so we have better visibility.”

I think that’s a huge flaw in the service and it should be addressed. I don’t think I would have bought the system if I knew that was the case.

The system should send communication if anything goes offline. A phone call or text would work fine.

1 Like

That’s a great thought, as long as your whole house doesn’t go down. I think the point is that these devices checkin with Wyze home base anyway, so why not notify me when they fail to check in ? That would be super helpful.

On the plus side, they did say they were now looking into this, so that makes me happy.

1 Like

Hello!

Just went through the process of waking up to my sprinklers not having run (minor inconvenience). I had to go through the steps of re-adding the device / resetting the device in order to get it back online. If there could be an alert added to the already existing alerts (cycle start/end/skipped) for a sprinkler controller going offline that would be extremely helpful. I understand if a device is offline, it cannot send an alert, but perhaps it may be possible with sprinkler plus if there were a mechanism in place to check to see if devices were responsive from the cloud down? Anyways, just wanted to share.

Thanks,
Vince

I would like to get notifications when a device powered on by the outdoor plug stops consuming electricity. I have a fan running in a pool pump house which must run all the time to vent chemical gasses. I need a way to know if the fan fails. or the circuit looses power. I would suggest the following notifications:

• Socket on and device current changed to 0 (Consuming device has failed / turned off)
  • Socket on and device current changed from 0 (Consuming device has turned on)
    Perhaps these can be consolidated into some sort of range instead of just 0, but I am mostly concerned about 0.
  • Outdoor Plug Power up (Used to denote return from power outage)
2 Likes

It lets us know of a potential internet outage, or if a teenager/cheating spouse/ bad roommate unplugged it on purpose.

Notification if a camera goes offline via text or app notification.

1 Like

Just had this happen to me again. The GFI popped that the WyzeCam is plugged into and it went most of the day before I realized it.

Sure would be handy if we got push notifications in the app when the camera went offline.

As I’ve said before, I don’t expect something instantaneous, it’s a $20 camera. But how about within 5-30 minutes of not checking in at least.

1 Like