Local Schedules - Provide ability to specify HOURS/minutes before/after sunrise/sunset

WYZE Plug sunrise/sunset Schedule

WYZE Plug - when setting a schedule to start/end and pick sunrise or sunset set allow selecting a time so many minutes before or after, just like this option exists on the WYZE Switch.

According to the date this question has been going around for 3 years To select your time for on and off select custom and put in your selected time. to set it for sunrise/sunset just select sunset and it will use sunset in your area and sunrise will also set itself

This wishlist topic is still outstanding as the current implementation for local schedules does not allow ± HH:MM deviation from sunrise/sunset. Wyze Switch local schedule allows ± MM sunrise/sunset deviation. All other Wyze CFH devices allow only sunrise/sunset with no deviation at all.

Please note that local schedules apply only to CFH Bluetooth-enabled Wyze devices such as Wyze Switch, Wyze Plug Outdoor, Plug CFH (2021), Plug CFH (2022), etc. Local schedules are not possible for older, non-CFH Wyze products.

1 Like

Please add offsets for all Local Schedules.

1 Like

Sunset/Sunrise delta is limited to only minutes

It seems like it should be a simple matter to add an additional spinner for hours. Having a delta > 60 minutes sure would be swell.

The Local Schedules page (Device > Settings > Schedules) provides the option to create a Sunrise/Sunset schedule but does not provide the option to add a Before/After delta, at least not for the Wyse Outdoor Plug.

Are those Sunrise/Sunset times static after initially set? If that is the case then this fact should be prominently stated as it kinda makes that Sunrise/Sunset option useless and deceptive.

You can set before/after on the Wyze switches. I don’t understand why this feature can’t be added to the Wyze Plugs.

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

Additional Scheduling Options for Events

I wish that we had more granular scheduling options when working with the Sunrise/Sunset dynamic times; the ability to schedule a trigger to execute at (Sunrise - 45 minutes) or (Sunset + 2 hours), for instance.

Outdoor Smartplug Rule

I use the outdoor plug to turn on an LED light strip on my porch at sunset each day. Currently the rule only allows for it to run for an hour before turning it off due to a limitation in the app. Can the selectable amount of time in the rule be lengthened to longer than one hour?

[Mod Note]: Your topic was merged to this Wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support.

2 Likes

Can you let me know how you are setting up your rule. I have an outdoor plug I use that turns on at sunset and off at 1am?

I click on App > Smart Plug > Settings > Rule > Add > Schedule > Add Action. This is where I turn the plug on at sunset for “x” amount of time. I would love it if that time was able to be set for longer than an hour.

Since I live in the north, our sunset time is constantly changing. The smart plug makes it easy to turn them on at sunset and run for an amount of time.

2 Likes

Your topic was merged to this Wishlist request for better visibility and consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button to show your support.

1 Like

Ok, I understand the area you are talking about now. I will let the devs know.

2 Likes