Landscape View For Tablets

Please can you explain the challenges that are being faced? We continue to hear there is something in the works but little has changed. It’s a feature that many would enjoy yet it seems as if there’s isn’t much of a rush to get it done.

1 Like

Some posts were removed that did not follow the Community Guidelines. Please flag posts that violate the guidelines so the moderators can respond appropriately.

Please stay on topic.

1 Like

While you’re at this, please include support for Android tablets as well and, more importantly for me, Firestick mouseless support. Thanks.

1 Like

Yup! I read the posts. I don’t always have something to say but I do keep an eye on things. :slight_smile:

We are discussing an app redesign but that’s a pretty resource intensive and large project.

@Tech, the challenge is that pretty much everything in the app is going to need to be redesigned to fit landscape mode. It’s a hefty undertaking.

3 Likes

Thank you

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

Nothing worth doing is easy and nothing worth having is cheap. All we ask is reliability and prompt communication. You have a record of all the gripes, moans and suggestions and they should provide enough fodder for the engineers to see what the majority of the customers want and or need.

Still an avid Wyze fan

1 Like

I really can’t imagine this being that difficult to accomplish, time consuming and tedious, most likely, but not difficult. I don’t have any other apps on my iPad that suffer from this lack of functionality (inability to rotate). With all the new types of products you are launching, maybe it is time for an app refresh to separate out home automation from personal health solutions.

1 Like

If you read any of my posts on this topic, you’ll see that I’ve mentioned pretty much the same thing re: how few of my apps lack true, app-wide landscape mode. Decided to do a recount just now and of the 79 apps installed on my iPad Pro, only 5 lack landscape mode … Wyze, Wemo, and 3 new ones I’ve just recently installed, namely Smashburger, Chick-fil-A, and Chipotle. Was VERY disappointed to see the 3 new ones. Anyway, would sure be nice to get landscape mode, esp. since I have difficulty using/rotating my iPad due to a disability.

1 Like

I appreciate that a full redesign would be hefty, but the iPhone version of the app already supports the video in landscape, I can’t imagine it being difficult to bring that exact feature over to iPad as well as it’s already been built.

1 Like

I don’t know what kind of a tablet you’re using but my iPad will display in landscape mode it’ll also display in portrait mode

The video feed will display in landscape, but not the home screen or menus. Ref. my screenshot below from the “App in need of serious redesign” thread. This distinction has been discussed in other threads. What is needed is full, app-wide landscape support for tablets.

2 Likes

Update on this feature?

1 Like

No updates yet but it’s a direction we intend to go.

2 Likes

Need a option on a iPhone and iPad to view the app in landscape mode

2 Likes

My old Galaxy tab 4 does landscape for the camera stream (not the app) BUT, I don’t use it because
it cuts off part of the left and right on the image. Might not be an issue for some, but it’s a good solid 8% of the image I lose for viewing in landscape mode.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen It seems like all these basic design problems are a result of not having UX and UI experts on the team from the beginning.

2 Likes

We agree. That’s why a lot of the newer stuff has better designs. But back tracking through existing implementation is more tricky. We have to do some foundational work that wasn’t included when we first launched.

4 Likes

I don’t know the status is of this, but I also want the app to work in landscape mode as all other apps I have do. It is very cumbersome to move my iPad into portrait mode just to open and view the app. Hopefully this will be done soon. Thanks

3 Likes

I just upvoted this landscape feature request. Looking through the long history of this thread, I see it’s been a hot topic for over a year. At what point does your product owner prioritize this for the roadmap? Does Wyze have an agile development process with a backlog, sprints, epics, releases? Just looking for a sense of where it sits in your 2Q or 3Q planning.

2 Likes