Landscape View For Tablets

I would totally settle for just camera groups recognizing that they should display landscape. Select the camera group, and bam! … Four camera feeds in landscape. This already can be done, but it’s a mess of finicky screen presses. Without this, wyzecam is just a toy.

1 Like

Huh?
How are those with disabilities affected?
Pretty much every other app moves as I rotate my iPad.

That note from 7/25 was their way of saying “nope, dont care, live with”

If it where a fully iOS Compliant app (or Android Tablet compliant app?), it would know how to rotate from Portrait to Landscape Mode. There are many apps in the Apple app store (and I am assuming in the Google Play Store that were written following the specs for doing this very thing on both platforms. )

Wyze opted not to follow those standards.

And thus is born this ongoing saga called “Landscape View for Tablets” thread.

Welcome to the Circus, grab your popcorn and join the party, as we all grovel here, venting our frustrations with the Wyze App not working properly in Landscape Mode.

I’m beginning to think that this feature will never come to fruition and I will simply utilize this forum to vent my frustrations about Wyze’s lack of providing this feature for over 2.5 years… and lack of any feedback to us, the loyal user (for now) that await this feature.

Hopefully I can PREVENT someone from experiencing this frustration through these post, and perhaps they will chose NOT to purchase a Wyze Cam based on the feedback in this forum.

Or… perhaps Wyze can fix this issues, and make all this bad press/feedback go away.

I vote for option 2… fix the issues, make happy customers?… or… watch us all leave… and go elsewhere for products that meet our needs.

SJ

1 Like

Whoever said “it would confuse some customers” is a biblical level fool. If rotating an app is confusing , how TF can someone set up a wyze cam? If I were CEO I’d literally fire that person. Not enough fuchs to give for that statement.

1 Like

The Eufy cameras look like a great option.

1 Like

Three years of considering whether their app should align with industry standards. Another example of Wyze demonstrating their stated goal as friend-of-the customer.

Thanks for hearing us. Thanks for doing everything half-way.

1 Like

I was trying to decide between Wyze and Eufy 2K for a family member. I got tired of waiting for Wyze to implement this industry standard landscape mode. So I just bought 2 Eufy 2K cameras for the family member. The transition to Eufy has begun.

2 Likes

Completely agree - if you’re not already invested in the ecosystem, I’d keep looking for something the meets your needs from a company that applies some value to the customer relationship.

If you are already buried, it’s probably time to apply a cautious eye to the monthly new product launches and look for opportunities to migrate away from legacy products. Given the handling of the Cam V2 - V3 service transition for prior ‘customer promises’ (see the multiple position changes about person detection in the last 2 years) it’s pretty clear they’re working toward a planned obsolescence model, so they’ll eventually phase you out of their ecosystem themselves if you avoid next month’s product.

2 Likes

I honestly forgot about the person detection promises. That pretty much summed it up for me. I haven’t purchased any new Wyze products in months. I looked at the robo vac and thought about their smart plugs (we already have some). We used to get a new camera every month (we have 8 or 10 (not all operating/in use though). I even gave some as gifts. But the coffin has closed for me. I might even just go industrial. I have always like the Axis cameras. LOL

3 Likes

:+1::clap::+1::100:

Got an e-mail today from Wyze talking about “…the 2.22 app release scheduled for July 7th…”

@UserCustomerGwen, will this app update fix the app’s UX/UI idiocy that hid behind Wyze’s laughable excuse that landscape mode is “confusing” to disabled people?

1 Like

Guys I think the original wording was awkward but what they were saying is they admitted the existing non-landscape behavior was confusing for disabled people, not that fixing it would be confusing. (?)

By Jesus, this company needs help. I’ve over 40 devices from them and it bewilders me how they work fine for awhile then all of a sudden they stop… What sane company does that to customers devices…??

A couple days ago I did a firmware update (from Wyze) for my favorite black V1 camera… It friggin bricked it completely… Now I cannot resuscitate it by any means that I know of… I have ear buds pro on order but after I get them I am finished with Wyze period.

I suggest that others with problems cut your losses and go with an established dependable brand.

2 Likes

This was my take as well, but I wasn’t sure. I almost posted the same, last night, but I couldn’t say it as succinctly as this.

Please set the video feed of the Doorbell Cam to Landscape on Echo Show and Tablets. Thank you

1 Like

Such a quick turnaround is more likely to fix the problems with this week’s releases, not the landscape mode issue, in particular the non-existent SD recording and V3 firmware not updating.

So many people use their Ipads horizontally, and the app doesn’t support any orientation other than vertical, no multitasking functionality, and no multi-camera viewing like 4-up

The setup I currently have is my iPad pro mounted to the wall and I’m able to view all my other apps and split-screen between apps such as home kit and Spotify and have them display horizontally on my iPad pro.
I also use an iPad for work that mounts to the apple keyboard, but the display is also always horizontal, which makes the app useless to me on my ipad

@WyzeGwendolyn
Integrating rotating view, Multiple cam view, and multitasking functionality would greatly improve the user experience, especially those who utilize iPads to control their smart home devices.

1 Like

I spent over an hour speaking with customer service about this issue exactly, that the iPad app is useless because it hasn’t been properly thought through, no multitasking and no horizontal view, I’m unable to use this app on my wall-mounted smart home iPad.

2 Likes

Curious, did they have anything meaningful to say?

I mean yes and no, she seemed sympathetic to the fact I was frustrated but said I could come here and post my ideas on the wishlist. She reassured me that she would send our conversation to development, but after visiting this thread I’m finding out that hundreds of people have done the same thing and it seems that WYZE has no plans to bring this as a feature, I read a comment from an employee from WYZE stating that it would take too much time and resources to make the layouts work, I find this hard to believe because I have developed apple apps in the past and the programming is quite intuitive when using Xcode.

I find the lack of drive to fix this issue in iOS surprising coming from a company whos trying to be the Peoples Tech Company… Changes we have been begging for only make them more valuable to their customers. I personally would buy way more products from them if I could use the app properly on my iPad. Being that it’s been sooooo long and this isn’t a basic feature of their ios app, I’m almost certain that it’s not coming,… I’m currently doing some research for what I will replace my Wyze cameras with. I have started the return process already. Ankers EUFY line of products seems to be an option at this point.

3 Likes