Landscape View For Tablets

Also, grouping sucks, lag is unusable, and sometimes it even deletes my cameras or groups. Also, sharing is cumbersome if the shared person makes changes

I made the decision to not buy any more Wyze products until the landscape issue is fixed. Even though buds and vacuums seem intriguing, Those email announcements go straight to the trash folder.

1 Like

I’ve used the Wyze app a long time, but there are quirks I still don’t get.

For example, when using my 8-inch Samsung tablet (locked) in portrait mode, the display will suddenly change to landscape mode. I know I had touched something accidentally but I can’t reproduce it consistently.

Also when viewing events, sometimes I see the speed button (1X, 2X, 4X), but sometimes it’s not there, oftentimes, when I really need it.

I also have made the choice to not buy the two products on my radar from Wyze, (Wyze Robot Vacuum | Affordable Robotic, Automatic Vacuum with LIDAR – Wyze Labs, Inc. & Wyze Sprinkler Controller | Smart, Wi-Fi, Sprinkler System Controller – Wyze Labs, Inc.) until this glaring Landscape on Tablet issue is resolved. I wasn’t going to purchase the Wyze CamPlus subscription on my 15 cameras, but discovered, IMO that the Wyze Doorbell, the 8 WOCs and 6 V3’s that I have are useless without them (we have a 17 year old blind cat that the V3 camera’s are providing some priceless video memories of her as she finds herself around the house, listening to birds out the back slider, etc) (If it weren’t for that, I would have NEVER of paid for the CamPlus subscription.)

When I saw an email for this Wyze Cordless Vacuum… I was a bit thrown back as to how this fits into the Wyze Ecosystem… (I’m all ears, please share the logic behind this in Wyze’s product portfolio. Does it have a camera in in it…, is it WiFi capable?.. a Lidar Camera to map out my home in it?.., i just read the product details and see nothing that make sense to have this product in Wyze’s portfolio, other than a great price.)

I guess it and my WOC’s have batteries… so that’s a common thing…

I’m wondering how many Wyze resources were wasted bringing this product to market, while my iPad still suffers from an App that still doesn’t know how to do Landscape mode properly?..

I realize I may sound negative here… I will say that I hope to influence Wyze at taking care of the issues that detract from an otherwyze great product. There are many great things about the 15 camera’s that I have purchased. But those great things, for me, are overshadowed by the fact that I have to use the pathetic excuse for an iPad/Iphone/Android App to view those camera’s.

This weekend, I setup my new Amazon Echo Show 10 3rd gen, and get to experience the gnashing of teeth every time I pull up my Doorbell Cam’s video… ON it’s side…, but i’ll leave that for another discussion later.

SJ
Posted: 06-02-2021

944 Days and Counting waiting for a fully compliant Wyze for iPad App

944 Days and Counting waiting for a fully compliant Wyze for Android Tablet App

3 Likes

I have also made the decision not to buy anymore Wyze products due to their response (or lack of response) on this issue. They clearly do not care!

1 Like

The fact that this is still “WIshlist researching” leads me to believe this could be another year or two before Wyze even starts working on this issue.

Wyze needs to issue ipads and/or android tablets with keyboards attached, and tell them they have to use it in Landscape mode. Maybe then this might get done faster than not…. but, that would also potentially slow the roll on all the new shiny Wyze products in the works…. and we can’t have that can we?

Personally I won’t be purchasing the Sprinkler controller or the robot vacuum until WYZE APP 3.x addresses the Tablet in Landscape mode issue.

SJ

Posted: 06-03-2021

945 Days and Counting waiting for a fully compliant Wyze for iPad App

945 Days and Counting waiting for a fully compliant Wyze for Android Tablet App

As I was reading these recent comments, I remember a convo a year or two ago, maybe more. That looking at Wyze from an investment perspective, they are not operating in the realm of “safe to buy”.

The forums aren’t as full of techs as they once were. They are flooding the market(s) with products that aren’t as robust as the original, customer support isn’t as strong as it used to be.

In my very VERY uneducated financial mind, Wyze may be projecting themselves to be bought by a bigger company, or they are in the early stages of company failure.

The issue to me is, their hardware is too plain for anyone to want to pickup. Their customer base is waning. Their overhead is probably massive. The intellectual property might be worth something, but we all know there are better products out there. It’s obvious they don’t have a software solution that anyone wants either.

If I were a betting man, I’d say wyze might be looking at an end of life situation in the next few years. This pretty much guarantees I won’t be buying more from them.

1 Like

This might be the only reasonable explanation of why Wyze refuses to fix these UX/UI (and other) problem.

1 Like

I own eight Wyze products. I am waiting on the arrival of my Wyze Lamp. That will be the last thing I purchase from Wyze until they have an App that works natively in Android (I couldn’t care less about the Apple app, but that’s just me) . Every time I have to remove the keyboard and flip my tablet or laptop into portrait mode I remember why I’m not buying more Wyze products.

2 Likes

Apple, Android, Unix, windows… The same problems… You want to point fingers at a specific group… That does not address the underlying problem.

2 Likes

You’re right. But I, like most people, want to make it all to be about me. Android and windows for myself.

1 Like

Maybe. But we in the forums don’t matter. They are having success pushing product. We might want them to focus on software and making better cameras, but apparently their market research says something different.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen while reading the discussion on what various terms meant on the Wishlist, I found the discussion below:

Can you share with those of us that are eagerly waiting for a proper Landscape App for our iPads and Android Tablets what “Researching” means ?

Does it mean there is one person who has been assigned this task, and it gets tossed around in meetings if and when time permits?..

Or a project manager has been assigned the task, and is actively trying to select a good method for implementation along with a team of Wyze Employees visiting the subject daily?.. weekly? Monthly?.. as time permits?

What is the average time something sits in “Researching” on the Wishlist?

SJ

Posted: 06-03-2021

945 Days and Counting waiting for a fully compliant Wyze for iPad App

945 Days and Counting waiting for a fully compliant Wyze for Android Tablet App

2 Likes

As a retired professional program manager in the automotive industry, that line about research doesn’t make a lot of sense to me (it’s like saying the lamps are on their way to customers when they’re actually on their war to Wyze, to be sent on from there). If they’ve tried or are trying to look into finding a way to implement something, should mean it’s in or has passed through at least one design review, probably two. Considering that, they should have much more info to share on the implementation of whatever - in our case landscape mode for native Android and Apple tablets. I’ve been with Wyze for about a year now and t’s beginning to feel like Wyze wants new customers for new products while trying to create stir in the industry. They’re not looking to create long time loyal brand users. You don’t create brand loyalty by ignoring your early adopters.

3 Likes

Thanks to everyone for continuing to push for this. I posted about Landscape mode way back in Sept '18 (Landscape mode for iPad users … ever?). Hopefully our persistence will eventually pay off.

2 Likes

I’m going to be a little mercenary here while accomplishing two things or three . First, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: for the badge :joy:. 2nd, I’m on the fence about purchasing new products because their App stinks. It’s that important. So, no thanks necessary. Thirdly, HEY Wyze! Pay heed! Customers are at stake.

2 Likes

My concern is the app getting too big, one app to work with ALL the products.

Developer time is being spent to add code for new products.

I sent the CEO a message using LinkedIn. For those that have LinkedIn account look up his profile and send him a message about LANDSCAPE.

2 Likes

I sent a msg in Linkedin - rec’d no reply however. That was about 2 months ago.

2 Likes

Wyze has probably already lost several customers because of the app and its refusal to fix it.

1 Like

One thing that irritates me about the lack of landscape mode is if I am in another app in landscape mode, say Hubitat, and I am looking at one of the cameras and see an outside light is still on. I flip to the Hubitat app, turn the light off, and flip back to the Wyze app. If I don’t rotate the screen back to portrait mode before I switch back to the Wyze app, miraculously the screen is in landscape mode!

Now the problem gets worse. Rotating the screen back to portrait mode does not rotate the image. Have to go to a camera and then the Wyze app will go to portrait mode.

1 Like