Landscape View For Tablets

You need to make the iPad app workin landscape mode. Please

4 Likes

Please, please, please… Go Lanscape!
One of my biggest pet peeves these days are apps that are locked in portrait orientation.
I use an iPad for 99% of all my “computer” work and usually have it sitting in my lap or on a table propped up by its case, but it is always sitting like a computer screen would be. Especially if the charging cable is plugged in, it’s a pain in the butt to have to turn it sideways to do anything in the Wyze app. Seems like it would be a pretty simple programming fix.

2 Likes

This issue was brought up three years ago, seems like there’s really no intention to fix it so I’ll need to go with a different system.

2 Likes

It’s in the same list as viewable on a PC

Same list but sideways, with small illegible text.

3 Likes

Also a shame to waste all that unused screen real estate …

2 Likes

Wyze is so amazing with their development. It really surprises me that this has not yet happened:)

1 Like

They still don’t even recognize it as a problem.

1 Like

Dear Wyze, it’s 2021, just enable the two landscape flags and submit. You can optimize the UI after.
Thanks.

3 Likes

I agree, I like the products but this is getting ridiculous with how many people want landscape view and they won’t implement it.

~ Justin

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

Would like also to see the landscape mode. I’m using my iPad Air with the Magic Keyboard and not having this basic view ruins the experience totally. Love the products but the app needs to improve.

3 Likes

Wyze isn’t interested in implementing landscape mode. Look at the various threads of ideas, pipeline, fixed, etc. even their mod parrots the same thing over and over ‘complete redesign’ blah blah blah. They don’t care about landscape mode. It’s about thermometers and doorbells and bathroom scales.

3 Likes

I would like to think that they (Wyze) may surprise us…

2 Likes

It is unbelievable that there is not an iPad version of the app. For a company that is all about getting the right UI for mass volume, not having a landscape/iPad app is a shame. I agree with the folks who said stop focusing on trying to sell random, non connected things like vacuums and upgrade the things that are the core of your business.

3 Likes

I would give the world if you would please do an iPad app or at the very least make the app available in landscape more for the iPad and other tablets.

4 Likes

I too want landscape it is a game changer. The true future of Wyze without it we lose iPad users and tablet users. It’s so annoying when all the other apps have landscape and wyze does not. Wyze app is ahead of the game as a hub compared to Google home and HomeKit yet doesn’t have the most crucial feature landscape on IPads and tablets. The fate of Wyze depends on the user friendly aspect of the app. I was there when all Wyze ever had was a lightbulb. They have taken huge leaps from the beginning, great engineering and software. Now Wyze make it user friendly and convenient. We’re here for the use and experience. That is the Way!!!

1 Like

/bump

This needs to be done ASAP. On Xcode for IOS development, it is just a simple option to include landscape option. It will not take an experienced IOS developer to make the necessary changes more than 2 hours to complete this task.

Why you keep us waiting for years on this, we have no idea. Please fix, thank you.

I am probably not the only one who uses an iPad with keyboard in landscape mode as their main mobile device.

Can we just have the app to work in landscape mode without having to tilt the iPad around with keyboard and all just to use the app?

Please and thank you very much.

3 Likes

… or our heads, as I’ve been doing for 3 years

I serious cannot understand how this has been on here so long with absolutely no interest from the developers. I for once will be voting with my wallet and that means I am canceling subscription and moving on. This is how serious I feel about this. My iPad is on my magic keyboard all the time and I see no reason I should take it off to operate an app. Buy your developers a few tablets.

4 Likes