Is Anyone Actually Satisfied With Their Wyze Camera?

I just saw your posts and wanted to quickly add:

1. I’m confused about your setup.
  2. I hope you got things fixed.
  3. Here are some ideas if you are still having trouble.

The big point of confusion for me is: Do you have a consumer home internet connection or are you using a cellular hotspot/router to share a phone service plan?

If you have the standard setup then you have home internet and you have a cell phone plan. Most cell phone plans are metered, capped or both. Many home internet plans (cable, DSL, fiber) just have some sort of cap before it slows the connection but it is usually quite high.

The advice given if you are sharing a mobile-router/hotspot for all your home devices (Wyze cameras, tablets, & phone) would probably be different than if you have an unmetered home internet connection.

One thing is easy: If you have standard consumer home internet, use that for as much as possible! If you have questions, just reply and maybe folks can help out.

1 Like

No. Junk.
Would never buy into the cam plus. Notifications DON’T work. So what’s the point?

Extremely satisfied. 25+ cams on CamPlus across 6 cam models. Event Recording and AI Notifications work great. Especially when the Cam Settings are properly adjusted and tuned to the application environment. Installing another today! :grin:

6 Likes

I turned off all notifications because I was getting them all the time and I don’t need them. I use cam plus for all my cams because I like having the video clips available to me, and I can either download what I want/need or use them to go back into the SD card to get longer clips, etc. So it works for me to have it.:relaxed:

2 Likes

I am very satisfied with Wyze. I bought three v3 cameras over the past year because the hardware is affordable and Cam Plus Lite works for me. I believe the key to my satisfaction is I do not update App versions or v3 firmware until I see good reports on this forum. Occasionally, my Wife will update v3 firmware just to get rid of the update screen, but my App versions are 1 to 2 versions back until I read positive comments on the latest versions.

Sounds like you have something moving in the wind like a plant or leaves…if so adjusted your camera as needed,turn down the sensor level down to 20 or less,we have wyze cams since 2020 and just love them all,well there you go we had a few plants with issues and and adjusted our 3 cams and it took care of that issue good lu k and happy recordings…

Sometimes that’s just not possible to fix the issue. I have a flagpole in the middle of my front yard. Although most of the front yard cameras don’t point high enough to see the flags, they do see the shadows. Because the sun moves across the sky (both time of day and also time of year), the shadows move. If I eliminate all the places that the shadows might be, I would have to eliminate most of the camera images. Nothing I can do about it. I have the motion uploaded to CamPlus, but none of the cameras notify me - it would be almost constant.

It’s ok, I don’t need notifications anyway, so I just keep them turned off. I mostly use the cams for my 95 yr old mother to see my yard and chickens, etc.

I am also extremely satisfied with your cameras. Who wouldn’t be? :smiley_cat:

1 Like

And carnage…

3 Likes

Ugh yeah. Well hopefully that won’t happen again. I’m thinking of setting the table top board against the big tree that’s next to it. Or I’ll turn the whole table upside-down where the bars are on two sides and fencing on the other 2 sides. It’s worth a try anyway.

2 Likes

Hey! :crying_cat_face: We talked about this! My client was totally exonerated in this thread:

And you were supposed to only talk positively about my client:

He was never convicted of anything, and he kindly asks you not to post libelous claims against his good, heroic name. :smirk_cat:

2 Likes

I showed the Video of the incident to the Judge already and he said the case filed by the “Chicken Lady” has no merit. Anyone want to argue with the Judge, here he is.

4 Likes

My client requests that you put out a little something extra for that honorable and good judge…just don’t let him know the request came from my client, because my clients wants the judge to maintain his neutrality and have his reputation and judgments remain above reproach.

2 Likes

I’ll put a shot of Jameson in his water since he doesn’t like any of the snacks.

2 Likes

Normal skunk farts are bad enough. I can only imagine what drunk skunk farts smell like.

1 Like

Be sure to post on the Pepé Le Pew thread if you haven’t already.

Nope. Had 19 of them working flawlessly, then attempted a firmware “upgrade”. Now my 9 V2 cameras are bricked. Yeah, did the demo.bin thing with every available firmware version. God, I HATE this company.

Huge fan of the cameras. Not sure what people are using them for that would make them dislike a wyze camera. huge fan of the bulbs and scale, too.

i would say the quality and performance with my Wyze Cam OGs are best. My Wyze Cam v3 are very good, too, but OGs are better and cost me less as an early adopter/sale. The cameras are so affordable that I can replace the old ones, like Wyze Cam v2 - every 18 months to 2 years.

To be honest, i also have 2 ring devices, and they work so clunky and slow in their app that I’m finding a way to replace them.

The one issue I have with wyze is that there are 4 of us living under the same roof, and only 2 of us can have access to the cameras - one admin (me) and one guest access (wife) but the other two adults in the home I cannot share the app/access with them (I guess i could give them my login/pwd?).

1 Like

I originally got 2 Wyze Cam V2s to monitor the front and back doors. They worked OK but since they were looking through the window I got a lot of reflections and they couldn’t see much at night. The cameras worked well for indoor use (person detection, video quality, load speed), but since I couldn’t put them outdoor, they were of limited usefulness for my case.

Then I got the V3 floodlights and the video quality was a lot better, but since I had little control over placement, they could only cover the back yard. Finally when OG came out, I decided to buy it along with Cam Plus to monitor the front yard. This has been so much more useful.

I am quite happy with the AI detection and notification, as they do work 90% of the time for me. The continuous SD recording is allowing me to verify and check on missed event videos and notifications, which is nice.

One day I might spend 5-10 times the money to get a 4K 100% perfect notification/AI detection camera, but for now Wyze is sufficient for me.

1 Like