iOS 2.7.21/Android 2.7.14 Beta App Release (12/9/19)

OK, I’ve just noticed an odd playback behavior with Android… rather than a recorded clip, playback stays frozen on the last known live-view thumbnail. I see segments of recording, but playback doesn’t show when sliding the timeline to them. All I ever see is a still image of my last-access thumbnail. Same behavior on both Samsung Note9 and Huawei Mediapad M3. Rebooted both devices just for shiggles with similar performance afterward.

Aforementioned is on Cam Pan with a healthy side dish of connection timeouts/failures. The lone Cam v2 I’ve deployed also tells me “No SD card installed” intermittently - and there is one installed. The latter also seems reticent to connect consistently.

Sorry, Wyze, but I’m leaving the beta programme for now. Too many simultaneous buttons being pressed for my taste. I’ll take the dimmed playback vs none at all any day. More than happy to side-step a handful of known quirks to put it thru its paces, but the app has reached the tipping point of being “more quirk than work” with this release.

EDIT-1: Reverting back to v2.6.42 totally resolved these connectivity & playback issues. I believe that comparison clearly points towards software as the culprit rather than connectivity/hardware.

Just got s single event with person detection. ??

I’m still getting person detection.

I am still getting person detection, I believe it will be the next firmware update that kills it. I am also guessing that not upgrading the firmware will not keep it working because I am guessing they will have to kill the part that sits on their server which is where the notifications come from.

I’m still getting person detection on mine too. Hopefully, Wyze will have their own person detection ready up and going by February.

I hope so because it definitely made the amount of alerts manageable since I have 5 cams outside

1 Like

I agree. The person detection has always been pretty reliable for me with only one exception…my cat. :rofl: Outside of that, it has worked about 90% of the time. It’s a really nice feature to have on the cameras. I’m going to run it as long as I can.

And it will work with their new version of the Maxdrive. :slight_smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Google Home w/Sense

I volunteered my Person detection services. I stand next to your camera and text message you when I see a person. For a few bucks more I make siren sounds and yell “Ohhhhh I see a person!!!” loudly.

For some reason Wyze did not like my idea, they said something about it not scaling well.

3 Likes

“scaling well”?
Do you need to lose a few pounds? :wink:

Must be! I said I could move as fast as I needed to. I do need the occasional bathroom break however.

1 Like

The update of TestFlight keeps failing and the old Wyze app won’t open. Right now the two have generic iOS icons. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I would delete both apps, then power the phone completely off, wait a minute and restart the phone. Also be sure you have a solid data connection either WiFi or cellular and try downloading and installing them again. TestFlight first of course.

This is an iPad. I can’t delete the TestFlight. Very odd. Already tried the restart without luck.

Finally was able to delete them via storage. Was quite the battle but I’m good to go. Thanks

1 Like

I have had a similar issue. Was a different app but same issue. The only way to fix it was a full reset of the ipad.

What happened to the Millennial you had employed for this gig?

He wandered off to join a traveling circus one day. Since then I have not been able to replace him so the wife is handling our cameras. Thinking about getting a dog to help out. The cats don’t seem interested to be frank.

3 Likes

OMG… I’ve got similar inexplicable horror stories.

Just underscores an old acronym of mine… T.A P. (technology ain’t perfect).

1 Like