Introducing Cam Plus - 7/30/20

Will Cam Plus and person detection be available to outdoor cam?
It does not work so I cant replace my regular cam that sits outside.

It’s useless.

Since the latest update, my events are not recording. I would gladly subscribe to Cam Plus, but it’s not appearing as an option on either the android or ios app.

I called tech support July 30 and after troubleshooting for almost an hour, he confirmed that it’s a known issue and is being worked on. So right now my camera is essentially useless. I can see live, but it’s not recording at all.

WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED?

1 Like

You have to sign up directly from the website using the phone/pc browser. Can’t sign up for cam plus via app. Hope this helps with the sign up issue.

Because if I am less than honest, I could get all of my relatives/friends to buy them and put them all on the same account and I could have a few hundred cameras for $99.

Not that anyone would do that… :smile:

1 Like

Who would let relatives and friends have full access to their cameras to save $99?
There may be someone. If so, they deserve the savings. :grinning:

I work in retail - you would be surprised on what people would do to save a few bucks. The large retailer that I work for sells these cameras and I have been asked about sharing accounts. Im not saying that there isn’t a need, I am saying that I appreciate these products at this price point and I am happy to pay a reasonable fee.

Sometimes it’s not worth the cost to try to prevent theft.
It would cost WYZE programming money to determine if each camera was in the ssme location.

cmc was never free, it was $1.49 per cam, now cam+ adds PD for an extra $.50, and if purchased now during early bird special, it’s only $.98 per cam/month for both features…it’s a steal!!! :slight_smile:

cam+ does not work with the WCO yet, the WCO option does not appear when assigning cam+…however they are working on it, so it’s coming eventually

as mentioned, you need to sign up for cam+ on the website: Home Monitoring & Security Services - Wyze Services

3 Likes

Sure but that ruins the rant. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

So just so I am understanding this correctly, Person Detection will not function properly if I just capture all video on my microSD card that is in the camera? For example, if I wanted continuous recording, AND for the camera to capture Person Detection, it will not work without Cam Plus? I have to subscribe to Cam Plus for the Person Detection Algorithm to work properly?

If you created your WYZE account before November 2019 you may have the option of using Person Detection without signing up for CAM Plus.
If not the only way to get Person Detection is with a CAM Plus subscription.
Person Detection is done on a WYZE server not in the camera.

Thanks @angus.black. I did not create it before November 2019. So the person detection notifications that I have available to me now, with my microSD card installed is not accurate? What am I missing out on here?

Your SD card has nothing to do with Person Detection.
If you are seeing Person Detection Events now you are either using a beta version of the app or you are signed up for CAM Plus. Maybe you have the trial?

Yes I realized the SD card has nothing to do with Person Detection. Under notifications, I have ‘Person’ turned on to notify me when an event is recorded. Under services, I do have ‘Person Detection (Pilot)’ enabled. Will that go away?? Are you saying the only way I can have Person Detection moving forward is with Cam Plus?

Yes. You would have to purchase CAM Plus to use Person Detrction after the next app release in September.

I have been using wyze products since almost the beginning. I have never paid 1 cent. So yes my rant is valid.

And yes I know I have the option to not pay now because I am grandfathered in. Not the point.
When I bought my cameras the selling point for me was no monthly fee. So screw Wyze for starting to charge now. I think wyze lost their pants trying to develop so many products at one time and now they are trying to screw over everyone to make sure the CEO makes his bonus.

2 Likes

I believe the name your price is only until the end of the year, after that you have to start paying…

That has never been established.

I finally found what I saw - this is in the FAQ for Cam Plus.

It says here that the Cam Plus videos are limited to 1 minute in length for the WCO.

I have a WCO incoming and wanted to use Cam Plus with it. I wanted to take advantage of the current 20% off which ends tomorrow 8/6. I would then transfer the Cam Plus to the WCO when I got it.

So yea or nay…?

1 Like

like I said, cam+ does not work w/ WCO yet…but they’re working on it. Not sure why the FAQ states that, must be how it will work when cam+ is added to WCO

@UserCustomerGwen?

1 Like