Home Assistant Integration

It doesn’t work if you have two factor authentication turned on in your Wyze account. I briefly tried it and am seeing a username password issue in the logs but haven’t had time to look into it.

1 Like

I do remember seeing that now in the setup instructions.
I’m starting to find even more github projects using the wyze sense devices.
They all seem to copy Kevin’s method of plugging the bridge into the host, removing it from the Wyze ecosystem. :frowning:

Please post links to any you find interesting. I haven’t seen other ones. Perhaps some have error correction or are more stable? I think using the bridge in a local HA port is going to be the best solution until Wyze creates an API that allows HA to get information locally from the cameras.

This one looks to be pretty current and based off Kevin’s method:

Thanks. I’ll check it out. I may have seen this and didn’t want to have to use MQTT but perhaps that’s what will help introduce error correction. That actually seems promising giving it some thought.

1 Like

I managed to get it working by installing the newest beta
Will see how it holds up

2FA doesn’t work outside the US unfortunately (unless things have changed recently). I don’t need it now but it’s another area where I think wyze is letting people down given other iot companies like Shelly are not region specific. Every time I order something from wyze it needs to be from a third party so the price savings is actually not that great to import here

+1 for Home Assistant Integration

2 Likes

Please do this, Wyze. Let people control their home devices from within their homes! Break the string cheese and baling wire that is the current state of IoT / “cloud” home automation.

Please add Home Assistant integration to the Wyze devices. It would really broaden the customer base and would make my life much simpler. Thanks!

2 Likes

It’s weird. While it’s not officially even supported, one review calls the Wyze the “best camera for Home Assistant”. I think he’s assuming the RTSP firmware is installed.

1 Like

+1. Really want to see official Wyze/Home Assistant integration for smart lock, cameras, and sense.

How many votes do we need before this is looked at?

6 Likes

2 Likes

All my plugs and bulbs went back into the boxes for now.
I honestly don’t mind them keeping data on me, just give me local control if my internet goes down, upload my data when it’s back online!
I finally got tired enough of losing control when the internet drops and got replacement bulbs and plugs that allowed local control. So much less frustrated now.
As soon as this or MQTT support is enabled, they will be right back out of the boxes im sure! :slight_smile:

Wyze Integration feature request

Home assistant cross post

Boosted Post

2 Likes

10th most voted wish list item. Yet no recognition…

2 Likes

Thanks, @RoldyBuffalo. I threw up some quick questions.

We should probably all be voting for Apple HomeKit integration also, as that requires the ability to control locally and will also help our cause here. Not to mention the HomeAssistant integration for HomeKit (HomeKit Controller) which is local push, so if it’s HomeKit compatible I’d assume it should be HomeAssistant compatible!?

3 Likes

Hi @UserCustomerGwen, would you kindly evaluate this and let us know your thoughts? Thanks!

3 Likes