Grayed out "playback" button in cloud events

Wyze acknowledged the problem per this forum and said they are working on getting an update out. Still a problem, but there’s a temporary workaround by turning to landscape.

1 Like

I am running version 2.33.0.17 (shows last update available in App Store 1 week ago) and am still having the issue also. App and firmware all up to date. I broke down and signed up for Cam Lite and the playback started working immediately. So there seems to be some kind of glitch keeping playback from appearing if you don’t have a subscription service and only using the SD card.

2 Likes

Yes. Thank you for the note. I suspect that is the case.

@pearl37920
I am sorry you are having this issue also. This issue was introduced with the most recent app update, it is not a firmware issue. They are looking into and hopefully I will be able to report soon that it is fixed.

3 Likes

Hi there,

i am having the same issue. Wyze van u please fix this? Thanks in advance :).

Welcome to the forums! Here are some highlights that have been stated above.

Set your notifications level for this thread as “watching” to be updated on future updates in here as this high priority issue is known and a fix is in progress.

1 Like

Can you temporarily lock this topic to avoid the “me too! me too!” posts? Or at least until the fix is pushed, just in case the issue persists for some users?

I just got word that this issue with the grayed out playback button should be fixed on the 2.34 app release.

4 Likes

That is an idea, but i think right now we can keep it as is to give folks a place to talk about this issue as long as the contents fall within the Community Guidlines. I will add some updates to the initial post so that the folks visiting this thread can get some of the recent updates right away.

2 Likes

And when can we expect this release to be available?

2 Likes

It is Thursday, I still do not see an update available in the app store

That is because the App Production Release Candidate (RC) was pushed yesterday to the Betas for final test proofing.

You are welcome to become a Beta Tester so that you can get the new releases as soon as they come out.

1 Like

Update when available and give it a try…

2 Likes

Don’t know about anyone else but playback is still grey here.

Mine is working just fine. Updated on iPhone. Thanks for the update!

BTW, the new “auth” system for the Wyze forums is TERRIBLE! I’ve disabled my shields (ad blocker) in Brave and it still won’t let me log in.

1 Like

Playback button is working for me with the new iOS Wyze app version 2.34.0 (15), but I never had the grayed out playback button in previous versions:

2 Likes

Works for me now (iOS). Playback is available and queues to the event time. Thx!

3 Likes

Just got these cams. Sd on continuous record. Playback button greyed out. Useless.

Playback working fine for me. iOS app version 2.42.6 (1)