Grayed out "playback" button in cloud events

Mine is the same the v2 The. V3. Cam pan all do it not shore what’s going on

3 Likes

Same issue for me on both of my Cam v3s. I continuously record to SD card and no CamPlus recording. In the Events tab I see thumbnails and when I select one of the events the Playback button is grayed out and doesn’t do anything when clicked. The SD card playback from the camera works just fine. The playback from Events is broken for me.

6 Likes

Same as others. I can view one of the cams, click View Playback, and see shaded areas on the timeline but prior to the latest iOS app update, I was able to view specific events without having to scroll on the timeline. Please fix asap.

As an aside, why continuously prompt us to Opt In for Cam Plus Lite? If it’s dismissed, it shouldn’t reappear for quite some time, maybe 30 or 60 days.

2 Likes

Same here. It just started on my Cameras. SD card is working but playback button is grayed out.

3 Likes

Same issue as mention… camera playback from camera screen works fine… event playback is grey and unusable.

3 Likes

We have found the issue with the SD card icon grayed out in Event Videos. We are fixing this bug asap and release the fix soon! Sorry for the inconvenience.

This bug is being observed on iOS. Android is working fine.

6 Likes

I hope you fixed my play back issues on Android?

Thanks for the update.
Screenshot_20220724-184534_Wyze

P.s. I have cam activity most of afternoon but no video to match.

1 Like

I can confirm this happens on Android as well. Please have the team investigate that also.

2 Likes

Can you create an app log after your able to recreate this issue? Then post the app log number in here. What actual app version are you using?

1 Like

Please attend to @GummyBear first, but here are my logs. 658834.

Thanks,
Screenshot_20220725-111857_Wyze

1 Like

It will be some hours before I can submit my logs from my android device. I assume those are the needed logs, as the iOS issue has already been identified. I’ll upload them and the app version ASAP.

2 Likes

Just jumping in with “me too”:
iOS app release 2.33.0.17
V2 cam firmware version: 4.9.8.1002

Recording on local SD, no Cam Plus or Cam Plus Lite
Playback icon is grayed out on event clip screen. View Playback is active and works correctly from camera screen and it’s possible to scroll back and play the video at the time of the event. As far as I can tell this worked correctly until the most recent app release.

Look like this is already being worked; so, will sit back and wait :smiley:

Your issue looks like an issue with local storage itself, which is different than the grayed out “playback” button in folks cloud events which the entirety of this thread is for. If I am understanding @GummyBear s issue, it is the grayed out button as well. Gummy bear do correct me if I am wrong.

I have edited the title of the thread for clarity.

Ah, some people were talking about cloud recording and some about SD recording; so, it wasn’t clear. In my case the SD recording works fine, I just can’t get to it via the Playback icon on an event screen.

1 Like

The problem I have, on both iOS and Android is the inability to click on an event and go right to the playback time of the event. I’m recording to local micro sd on events only, not continuous. Clicking on an event, in the past, would bring me directly to the point in time and show me the playback. Now, clicking on the event brings me to a snapshot image of the event but the Playback button is greyed out.

This happens the exact same way on both my iPhone and android tablet. The android app is version 2.33.0 (161) and the iPhone is 2.33.0 (17).

EDIT: Android Log ID 659265. iPhone Log ID 659267.

1 Like

No problem, this issue is a mix of both because we were trying to narrow down what cloud service if any effects the “playback” button to be grayed out on cloud events. I was actually replying to a different user in my last reply who appears to be having just a playback issue with their local storage. Your issue sounds correct to be in this thread.

Thanks for the logs!

Sounds like some Android users are seeing this as well? App logs from an effected Android user right above this.

2 Likes

iOS playback out as well for local storage.

Same here. iOS app on multiple devices. V2 & V3 cams. Local SD cards on all cameras. Latest firmware.

Playback button worked fine until a recent app update.

I can provide logs and more details upon request.

I’m having the exact same prob with SD playback on events. V3, current firmware, worked the other day but not now on any of my 4 cameras. This is a huge issue.

1 Like

I’m having the exact same prob with SD playback on events (local storage and playback). V3, current firmware, worked the other day but not now on any of my 4 cameras. IOS. This is a huge issue. What is going on?

1 Like